Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Kareem and Tyreek making my Friday all the much sweeter.

Am I the only active player in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I'm usually pretty active on here but I'm not that happy with my team so I am staying quiet! ha

How will the playoffs work here?
    Are the teams in a the 4 team division at a disadvantage?

Looking for a RB if someone wants to make a trade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

wong wrote: »
    Looking for a RB if someone wants to make a trade
    Would be willing to look at WR options for James White or Aaron Jones

None of those guys are a massive upgrade on Gallman though. What WR were you thinking?

wong wrote: »
    None of those guys are a massive upgrade on Gallman though. What WR were you thinking?
    Not so sure on that, Giants pass game is gone - they have no WRs left so every defence can load up on run from here on out. Gallman's production will go down.
    Jones is probably the better prospect of my 2 right now, good production last few weeks & in line to keep the starting job.
    WR would depend on which of mine you go for, White would be relatively cheap - he has production better than some of my WRs right now.
    Jones has a lot of upside right now, so while I would be willing to deal it would have to be for someone with good numbers or potential

Ok, so now that my season is pretty much done, what was the story with Keepers for next year?
    Are we sticking to the old way of 1 keeper = a 1st round pick sacrifice, 2 keepers = 1&2nd rounders etc
    or are we going with the new suggested setup of a keeper = 1 round above whatever round he was drafted last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Hi guys apologies but just to make certain I have this right from last year, we can keep up to 8 players but there's no minimum (i.e. you don't have to keep anyone if you don't want to), is that correct?

• Advertisement

I think the idea was that you can keep more, but you have to give up a pick in the round above where you got them last year? ie cant keep 1st rounders from last year, but can keep a 4th rounder from last year for a 3rd round pick etc...
    I'm not sure how we enforce that though without having last years draft history and the GM auditing and locking in keepers before the draft...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,528 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought the deal was that you select keepers from the top. So you select your first keeper in the box at the top and that eliminates you from the first round?

So if you keep three players then your first pick comes in round 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

eagle eye wrote: »
    I thought the deal was that you select keepers from the top. So you select your first keeper in the box at the top and that eliminates you from the first round?

Yep that's what I thought, my only question was do I have to keep a minimum from last season as we had a complete redraft last time round and there was some debate over whether people should keep at least 3 or 4 of their old team each season.

Obviously that would mean that round 4 or 5 is effectively round 1 as everyone would be retaining some players from the previous year.

If there's no minimum then it's as you stated above.

I don't think so, the idea of a keeper league is to keep improving your team. If you don't think a player is worth keeping you let him go.

If you don't like your whole squad then you can let them all go. I don't think there is any rule regarding keeping players other than that you have to start at the top so you miss out on round one of the draft by keeping one player and so on.

This way of keeping seems to punish players who drafted really well though, especially in the later rounds?

I wouldn't say its a punishment
    You still get first option to keep that player, you're just not allowed keep someone who would be a high round pick this year for a low round pick instead.
    I think it's actually a better option for keeping balance in the league

I understand it's good for the balance but if you want balance you go for a redraft league.
    The incentive of having a good draft is diminished.

As I said previously, I don't mind what we do but just offering my 2c

wong wrote:
    I understand it's good for the balance but if you want balance you go for a redraft league. The incentive of having a good draft is diminished.

wong wrote:
    As I said previously, I don't mind what we do but just offering my 2c

This is a keeper league, the object of the exercise is to draft well every year and have a great team in a couple of years by holding on to the great ones that you drafted

A full redraft would defeat the purpose of the league.

I've said what I've had to say on the matter and I'm perfectly happy with whatever way we do it.
    I am not advocating for a redraft league. That is why I joined a keeper league.

Ok, so to summarize we have two options, both currently based on up to 8 keepers:

1) Keeping a player requires you to give up a pick in a round higher than where he was drafted last year. ie keeping a 3rd round pick from last year costs a 2nd round pick this year.
    2) Any kept players comes off the top of your draft - ie keep 2 players, no picks till round 3

Option 1 would be interesting to try, but I'm not sure how we police it to ensure that all the keepers have had the correct pick given up etc, without locking the keepers well before the draft and having the GM review every one individually.

• Advertisement

BizzyC wrote:
    Option 1 would be interesting to try, but I'm not sure how we police it to ensure that all the keepers have had the correct pick given up etc, without locking the keepers well before the draft and having the GM review every one individually.

Option 2 is the fair way.

Option 2 is the fair way.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

Do you guus have any openings to join the league? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm out this year lads. Don't have time at all for more than 1 league unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Yeah I'm the same as mal. Team name was Oh Look An Eagle

In again, Foxboro Legends.

In!

I'm in if we get a full league again - Fear Boners

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

I'm willing to take one of those teams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭boccy23

In as well, Boccys Jockeys, if we can get someone to run the league.

Advertisement