Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Late suits too. Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Raoul

billr67 wrote: »
    Late suits too. Thanks for the update.

I'm not GM or anything. Just what I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Just have to remember the issues with the last draft.
    GM needs to make sure people put their keepers in the first available slots and don't keep a 1st round pick while using a keeper slot.

BizzyC wrote: »
    Just have to remember the issues with the last draft.
    GM needs to make sure people put their keepers in the first available slots and don't keep a 1st round pick while using a keeper slot.

I think that was the year before? But yeah, that was a joke. Also the commish needs to sort out the draft picks that were traded.

Raoul wrote: »
    I think that was the year before? But yeah, that was a joke. Also the commish needs to sort out the draft picks that were traded.

Last year, I've only done one draft in this league.
    Didn't affect me at the time as I had 4 keepers anyway, but it was a crap deal for the guys with 1 or 2 who did it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

I was in this league last year, but the confusion over the draft picks and that is discouraging me from getting involved this year I must admit haha. Seems so messy to be trading draft picks in a 4 keeper league.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

Hey guys, I won't be taking part in the league this year.
    Team name was "Limpar's Legends".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I'm happy to play again this year. No problem with me putting keepers in the first few slots if we don't keep 4...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I'm in again too. I think I am Pick Sixes in this league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

In again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭boccy23

Boccys Jockeys in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Oh Look An Eagle in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I'm back. I think I was Desert Bluff Vultures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I'm out this year. Dont agree with the trading of picks in a 4 keeper league

The same rules have been there for 6 years, all the time you have been in the league? I lost out when people slyly placed their keepers in lower rounds than they should have. Trading picks is a totally fair thing to do. If people feel so strongly about it then we should have a vote and change it for next season. It would be a shame for people to leave over it.

I'm out this year. Dont agree with the trading of picks in a 4 keeper league

Have to agree with this. I'm really struggling to understand the logic in it. I think I even might have traded away some middle round picks without really knowing what I was doing haha.

There was some horrendous trades last year if I remember correctly

gerryfed wrote: »
    Have to agree with this. I'm really struggling to understand the logic in it. I think I even might have traded away some middle round picks without really knowing what I was doing haha.

There was some horrendous trades last year if I remember correctly

Maybe you should have thought about it more last year while you were doing it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

The same rules have been there for 6 years, all the time you have been in the league? I lost out when people slyly placed their keepers in lower rounds than they should have. Trading picks is a totally fair thing to do. If people feel so strongly about it then we should have a vote and change it for next season. It would be a shame for people to leave over it.

That rule may have been there for 6 years but i didnt read them, my fault. Obviously no-one else knew about that rule until last year. If i had of known of that rule 6 years ago i would have left 6 years ago. I simply do not agree with that particular rule in a small number keeper league, my personal choice

That rule may have been there for 6 years but i didnt read them, my fault. Obviously no-one else knew about that rule until last year. If i had of known of that rule 6 years ago i would have left 6 years ago. I simply do not agree with that particular rule in a small number keeper league, my personal choice

Well let's change it for next year if people have a problem with it? And you stay in the league?

• Advertisement

Maybe you should have thought about it more last year while you were doing it? :rolleyes:

True... but it was my first Keeper league so I didn't really grasp what was happening. Since then I've joined a bunch of dynasty league, as well as all of my redrafts, and just figured out that this league falls into some weird awkward bracket in between that is too hard to follow.

My 4 keepers are probably Zeke, TY, Watkins and Nuk... so I'm not trying to spit the dummy out. So my team is just grand :) But I understand why you're defending it, seeing as you benefit greatly from it haha

gerryfed wrote: »
    True... but it was my first Keeper league so I didn't really grasp what was happening. Since then I've joined a bunch of dynasty league, as well as all of my redrafts, and just figured out that this league falls into some weird awkward bracket in between that is too hard to follow.

My 4 keepers are probably Zeke, TY, Watkins and Nuk... so I'm not trying to spit the dummy out. So my team is just grand :) But I understand why you're defending it, seeing as you benefit greatly from it haha

I didn't defend it :confused:. There is nothing there to defend really. I didn't do anything wrong ha. I am happy to not have the rule either. To me that part of the season is awful if you aren't in the playoffs and I think it makes it more interesting for people that are out. in the way they can try and entice people looking for superbowl glory into taking their players and giving draft picks. So they are going all in on trying to get the superbowl.

If we didn't have that rule, I would be just as happy. Been in the league for 6 years or whatever. So I wouldn't quit for any one thing in particular.

What people did with regards the draft a couple of years ago was blatant cheating in my opinion and I missed out on players because of it. I complained a lot and we changed the rules for the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm out as well, in full agreement with Spongey. I brought it up last season when it was going on too.

Lads, I don't care that much about the trades. Trade the draft picks back, if people are going to quit over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Seems like the best solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I have no opinion at all about trading draft picks, though it seems like a trivial thing to quit the league about.

Still, if we are going to make a decision either way, we should open it up to all owners to give their opinion, maybe put up a poll. We shouldn't change a rule just because a couple of people want to leave over it.

As I said, I don't care either way, but maybe there are some who want to keep the option to trade picks.

I'm easy on the trading of picks, whatever others feel strongly about is good with me.

Have we heard from everyone yet, do we have a full picture on who's back and who needs replacing?

Who is GM?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Who is GM?

I was GM last season, league is reactivated.

However I'm in mixed minds about the best solution going forward. With a good few leaving I think starting afresh might be an idea worth considering.

We'll have to get a few new names on board and I think it's always going to be difficult to get commitment in a keeper league from new entrants taking on teams that have been around for a while and managed by different players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭boccy23

I definitely would not be in favour of a fresh start.

Advertisement