Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kraitor

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Have concrete bollards been introduced to Grafton Street, Henry Street and other parts of the CC? If not, then why not? Both areas have a huge number of people per sq m at any given time. There shouldn't be a seconds thought given to it. In Ireland we tend to be reactive instead of proaxtive and I would hope our security services are on the ball here.

Here in Oz they have introduced them to pedestrianized areas of Melbourne and Sydney.

with all due respect that is nonsense,

if a terrorist cell hit ireland thay are most likely to hit galway shoppin centres or athlone,

even galwegians are wise to the fact

that is coupled to the fact that there are 1 or 2 suspected cells operating from east Galway city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

kraitor wrote: »

if a terrorist cell hit ireland thay are most likely to hit galway shoppin centres or athlone,

that is coupled to the fact that there are 1 or 2 suspected cells operating from east Galway city

But which of Islam are they operating from...I seen hezbollah come out and condemn these attacks

But I think they're like the Catholic version of Islam and isis is the prodestant versin (to put it simply!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

FraR wrote: »
    Nobody with a brain would view an Irish immigrant to China as Chinese. And rightfully so. New Irish is a preposterous term regurgutated by simpletons and cowards.

Call them what they are. Immigrants in Ireland. Just like id be an immigrant in China and not new Chinese.

And if your children were born there? Would you demand that they be called immigrants and be subject to the " them 'uns" language that you are now engaging in?

But which of Islam are they operating from...I seen hezbollah come out and condemn these attacks

But I think they're like the Catholic version of Islam and isis is the prodestant versin (to put it simply!)

hey tom relax, ya everybody holds you in the same regard as the barcelona attacker,

actually i reckon you are lower than them, sad

get a life

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭FraR

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    And if your children were born there? Would you demand that they be called immigrants and be subject to the " them 'uns" language that you are now engaging in?

They wouldn't be considered Chinese or entitled to Chinese citizenship. It's only us European fools that make up ridiculous terminology for foreigners and insist they're just as x as the natives.

And for what? What do we get in return? Nothing but problems.

• Advertisement

They wouldn't be considered Chinese or entitled to Chinese citizenship. It's only us European fools that make up ridiculous terminology for foreigners and insist they're just as x as the natives.

And for what? What do we get in return? Nothing but problems.

Yup, you are right, lets pull the Irish/Catholics out of America/Australia/Britain,Europe..where ever..those white N*ggers never added anything ,they where only trouble..every one of them.

Am I doing this right?

Yup, you are right, lets pull the Irish/Catholics out of America/Australia/Britain,Europe..where ever..those white N*ggers never added anything ,they where only trouble..every one of them.

Am I doing this right?

don't be such a hardcore gommunist lucy

7 posts ,eh? What is a gommunist? I'm not entirely down with the kids,man!

7 posts ,eh? What is a gommunist? I'm not entirely down with the kids,man!

stick it up your hole you gommunist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭worded

What's a Lucy ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭FraR

Am I doing this right?

Mass immigration has worked out terribly for Native Americans and the Aboriginals. Lessons to be learned there.

Unlike them, we are still in a position to stop it.

Mass immigration has worked out terribly for Native Americans and the Aboriginals. Lessons to be learned there.

nein, das geht uberhaubt nicht,

alle grenzen zu, fick europa und fick merkel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Its really a silly comparison. The vast vast majority of natives in those regions died out due to transmission of alien diseases which they had no immunity to. The europeans also had far superior weaponry, and arrived in far larger numbers than middle eastern people are arriving to western europe. None of which is comparable to the modern form of mass immigration we are experiencing in the west. This 'us' vs' them' subtle invasion narrative is really quite melodramatic and ridiculous

What lessons have you learned, about Europeans?

wakka12 wrote: »
    Its really a silly comparison. The vast vast majority of natives in those regions died out due to transmission of alien diseases which they had no immunity to. The europeans also had far superior weaponry, and arrived in far larger numbers than middle eastern people are arriving to western europe. None of which is comparable to the modern form of mass immigration we are experiencing in the west. This 'us' vs' them' subtle invasion narrative is really quite melodramatic and ridiculous

listen comrade when your daughter;s throat is geting slashed who do you want to see coming over the hill ,

your eternal enemy the white christain strait male, with a crossbow

or a gang of your imported refugees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Whats nonsense and what do you base your analysis on?

I don't care if its Galway or Dublin, just get the bollards up wherever required to ensure peoples safety.

This type of threat, we have never seen before recent history.

I don't care if its Galway or Dublin, just get the bollards up wherever required to ensure peoples safety.

go to bed !!!

look to be honest there is information about galway, not exactly in the public domain but any dog in the street in galway can tell ya the story,

to be fair if you want exact adressees and locations pm me,

and as u said urself i don't care if it;s galway or dublin, i agree with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

go to bed !!!

Its 14.28 where I am. I'm not the one that should be in bed. Hopefully you passed your information onto the Gardai. I assume you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭tritriagain

not in my opinion, but in fact. he was spanish

it doesn't matter. what he identifies himself as is irrelevant, he was spanish.

It clearly mattered quite a lot to him. And I'm sure if you could ask the people he killed it would matter to them as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

[QUOTE=end of the road;104421328

none of those born in northern ireland are british, they are irish.[/QUOTE]

Well, the most recent census shows that few that actually live in Northern Ireland agree with you on that one.

From memory only 27 odd percent actually consider themselves Irish within Northern Ireland. The biggest percentage (40 plus percent consider themselves British and a rising percentage (20 plus percent) consider themselves as being Northern Irish...

(And btw I'm from NI. I don't consider myself as Irish.) eotr proved to be talking ****e again.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

1 or 2 suspected cells operating from east Galway city? Where in the name of Jesus did you get this from? Have you notified the authorities? You are talking through your hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Eh...say what now?

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Eh...say what now?

Tom certainly doesn't like the old prods (maybe that's why he spells protestant with a d)).... and him from Waterford too....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

timthumbni wrote: »
    Tom certainly doesn't like the old prods (maybe that's why he spells protestant with a d)).... and him from Waterford too....

*Waderford

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Ted Plain wrote: »
    LOL

La Falange?

I immediately thought you were using a pisstake name for a knobjockey politician. like Ruairi Quinn being Ho Chi Quin or Eamon Gilmore being Eamon Gimmemore.

I thought you were on about the bauld Nige. Nigel, garage, garrajsch, Farridge. Farrajsch.

Nigel la Flange.
    No

I am not taking the piss.

The 'protesters' were La Falange. They pursue an ultranationalist fascist ideology called Falangism.
    SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Here's how many times each county has won the lottery jackpot
    http://jrnl.ie/2584594
    This is almost tiresome now.

How many times have any of the above counties been victims of ISIS terrorism?

Again I say, you are far more likely to win the national lottery than to be a victim of ISIS.

I take it you have never studied statistics. Winning the lotto is self selecting. Only those who opt to play can win. Being killed by ISIS is a random event.
    I don't play the lotto but I do attend concerts, restaurants, walk down pedestrian streets etc. Ergo.....

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭fash

Stupid post. Are you saying he was not Spanish?

It's best to accept the facts and assess them rather than act the ostrich. We are dealing with a 17 year old Spaniard who was somehow radicalised enough to murder 14 innocent people by driving at speed through a crowd. This is the kind if lunacy we are dealing with. It's a difficult enemy to engage or defeat.

You do realise that these scum consider themselves Muslim first and probably Moroccan before Spanish!

When asked by social media site Kiwi.com what he would do if absolute ruler of the world for a day, he responded "Kill the unbelievers and leave only Muslims who follow their religion".
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/18/barcelona-terror-attack-police-hunt-18-year-old-moussa-oukabir

This is a much bigger and deeper social problem than people realise. Settling Europe with a population which contains a significant number of religious supremacists will have consequences for centuries to come (see Northern Ireland). This is not just a problem for us, it is one for our children's children's children's....[add 10 more children's] children.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Any update on that missing 7 year old?
    Are there 'unknown' bodies or victims still in hospital?
    This seems very odd.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    This seems very odd.

What missing 7 year old? I can't see anything on the BBC site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

whiskeyman wrote: »
    This seems very odd.

I think Spanish authorities waiting for father to arrive from Australia. Unfortunately from what I have read online the child is not missing and is a victim of this attack.

Advertisement