Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just found out if you fail the test to rank up you have to wait 24 hours to take it again
    f**k this life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

gimli2112 wrote: »
    just found out if you fail the test to rank up you have to wait 24 hours to take it again
    f**k this life

Yh but you can practice the test before hand in the relay

I once failed a test 6 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I know a lot of people who cant get past the 10-11 rank test,one mate is probabpy actually MR15 or something but he cant get past 10-11 test.

You still keep gaining rank towards the next level even though you wont see it till you get past the previous test.

Pretty sure there's no game that frustrates me more and yet I get the biggest rush out of is Battlefield. It was the same with BF4. No game that I shout "Bullsh*t" at more than it, even through my COD days.

Was having a particularly rough session yesterday afternoon wondering why the frick I put myself through this. Then just at the end I rushed a bunker and found myself in a 1v3 situation that I somehow managed to overcome. Just me and my OP shotgun. Of course then a lad ran in and killed me with a pistol. Still for the rest of the day I felt fantastic.

It's the little things

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It's the little things

Thats what she said :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Based on a book of the same name, this film will release next year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiK2fhOY0nE

The book is apparently brilliant but if you are going to give it a try I heard the audio book narrated by Will Wheaton is superb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Based on a book of the same name, this film will release next year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiK2fhOY0nE

The book is apparently brilliant but if you are going to give it a try I heard the audio book narrated by Will Wheaton is superb :)

Haven't read the book, but really looking forward to this one. The amount of different IP rights they've had to acquire for the movie are staggering:
    • The Iron Giant
    • The DeLorean time machine, outfitted with KITT from Knight Rider
    • The DC Comics universe
    • The Lord of the Rings
    • Freddy Krueger
    • Duke Nukem
    • The possessed car from Christine
    • The van from The A-Team
    • The modified Ford Falcon used in Mad Max
    • The monster truck Bigfoot
    • Kaneda's motorcycle from Akira.
    Spielberg recognized that his past films were a significant part of the 1980s popular culture, and to avoid being accused of "vanity", he opted to avoid using many references to his own films

Haven't read the book, but really looking forward to this one. The amount of different IP rights they've had to acquire for the movie are staggering:

Yeah you can see alot of them in the trailer. Its a really good idea for a film and I will give the book a read/listen when I get a chance.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,204 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think WB are making the film so they've cut corners in one or two spots to avoid having to acquire rights or possibly couldn't get the rights. That's why Iron Giant is there but in the book it's Ultraman as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,388 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think WB are making the film so they've cut corners in one or two spots to avoid having to acquire rights or possibly couldn't get the rights. That's why Iron Giant is there but in the book it's Ultraman as far as I know.

Its Iron Man cause Iron Man is AWESOME.

My favourite bit of merch I own:

425173.jpg

• Advertisement

Its Iron Man cause Iron Man is AWESOME.

My favourite bit of merch I own:

giphy.gif

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,204 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have the signature edition blue ray box set but the tiny figure that came with ain't as cool as that one :(

3 weeks from D2 launch and I think my router has given up the ghost. It's about 8 years old I guess. Presumably getting a replacement from Virgin will turn into an unnecessary saga?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Are you sure it's the router and not, like, the toaster or something?

Yeah had to throw out the toaster about a year ago as it was shorting out my house. Put in bread, toast would pop up and all the power would go out. Freaked me out.

I'm convinced you live in a Goosebumps book

Just rang Virgin Media and apparently it's a problem on their end. Everyone with the old white modem has the same issue.
    Great.

Just rang Virgin Media and apparently it's a problem on their end. Everyone with the old white modem has the same issue.
    Great.

Should they not then send out a replacement as the product they've supplied is not fit for purpose?

I actually didn't think of that. Once I realised it was their issue I was fine with it but now you say it I'm starting to get angry.
    They have 3 weeks to fix it and I'll be fine.

I actually didn't think of that. Once I realised it was their issue I was fine with it but now you say it I'm starting to get angry.
    They have 3 weeks to fix it and I'll be fine.

I've never been with Virgin/UPC/NTL as they've never served my area, but with Eircom/Eir, if any issues I've had stemmed from the router, they've always sent a replacement one out that day/next day. I've been with Eir for over 10 years now and apart from some teething issues at the current address, I can't fault the service itself.

• Advertisement

Reminds me i have to give Virgin a ring myself - my internet keeps crapping out.Wifi and cable connected. will come back on after a while or after I turn the box off, and then be fine, but it is doing this once per day.Getting annoying.(Not a white modem, one of the horizon boxes.)

It's one of the reasons I've never upgraded, I heard bad things about Horizon when it first launched. Thought they were largely resolved. I'm too dependent on online gaming to go messing about with something that works fine.

It's one of the reasons I've never upgraded, I heard bad things about Horizon when it first launched. Thought they were largely resolved. I'm too dependent on online gaming to go messing about with something that works fine.

haven't had an issue with it prior to this really. The odd time it would go down, but its only in the last two weeks it has become a daily thing.

I've no massive problems with the horizon box, though it think it still might have a mind of its own when it comes to if it will record something. Not sure, as it isn't a feature i have used in a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I found the Horizons box to be a bit rubbish personally. I got rid of the TV package and just kept the internet with virgin. They gave me one of their white hubs,its miles ahead of the horizon box.

Been in the office for 50 minutes and haven't seen anyone. Is it Saturday? did Trump & NK start WWIII? Where is everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Have you tried opening your eyes?

Been in the office for 50 minutes and haven't seen anyone. Is it Saturday? did Trump & NK start WWIII? Where is everyone?

Your way too early gims :P

I preordered the White PS4 Pro, at least my controllers will match now :|

I preordered the White PS4 Pro, at least my controllers will match now :|

So slightly yellow then? :P

• Advertisement

terrible hard to keep clean, should have gone dark

Advertisement