Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Farpoint Vr with aim gun, 90 quid in gamestop, so so so much fun, the aim is reaaly a good controler very acurate, when you bring it up to eye level you get holographic sights as well.

played a few hours of it and was totally, have to take a break coz vr is ****ing draining but man 10/10 stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

While we're on the topic of co-op. Anyone still have a PS3 and Deadspace 3 fancy a run through the story. It'll be sometime next week.

Long shot I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

While we're on the topic of co-op. Anyone still have a PS3 and Deadspace 3 fancy a run through the story. It'll be sometime next week.

Long shot I know.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Long shot I know.

I was playing this about a month ago. You can still join randoms, found it pretty easy to join games although I generally got kicked at some point for being drunk and unreliable.

Knave what about the co-op side missions in Splinter Cell Blacklist?

• Advertisement

Knave what about the co-op side missions in Splinter Cell Blacklist?

giphy.gif

Looking at a video by Radbrad yesterday banging on about Warframe. I played it back in the day. It was pretty good but confusing as hell. Apparently it's had a shedload of updates and is a pretty good grind-fest looter. Hmmm, may download again.
    apparently the Warframe / Destiny relationship is very much like Liverpool / Man Utd, Xbox / PS dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    apparently the Warframe / Destiny relationship is very much like Liverpool / Man Utd, Xbox / PS dynamic.

Yay...

Looking at a video by Radbrad yesterday banging on about Warframe. I played it back in the day. It was pretty good but confusing as hell. Apparently it's had a shedload of updates and is a pretty good grind-fest looter. Hmmm, may download again.

Warframe is a pay to progress sprinting simulator.

Apparently if you want to sink thousands of hours into the grind you don't have to pay at all.
    Meh, it's free you Destiny kids are so hard to please.

• Advertisement

You're really not selling it very well Gimli :P

Anyway, more off topic s**t:

If you could pick 2 episodes of Father Ted to recommend to a person who has not seen it (but has seen Black Books, IT Crowd etc), what would they be, (and only 2)?

The Eurovision one. Seriously just that. The bit when they were trying to come up with the song in the bedroom had me in stitches.
    Spoilers not required presumably.

The Eurovision one. Seriously just that. The bit when they were trying to come up with the song in the bedroom had me in stitches.
    Spoilers not required presumably.

And the Golden Cleric episode.

Warframe is actually very good fun.

You can pay to get ahead but it's not too in your face, there is a ball of content to get true and updates have helped it alot over last 2 years.

It's kinda pay to save time rather than win. Its very pve orientated anyway so someone paying dosent hurt you too much.

Plus I played for a while last year and lots of nice random strangers gifted me loot to help out as I was very new.

I'd be up for playing it if a few from here were up for it.

Also I hear your a racist now father episode and lost in lingerie dep episode

You're really not selling it very well Gimli :P

Anyway, more off topic s**t:

If you could pick 2 episodes of Father Ted to recommend to a person who has not seen it (but has seen Black Books, IT Crowd etc), what would they be, (and only 2)?

New Jack City (Brendan Grace)
    Song For Europe (Eurovision one)
    Kicking Bishop Brennan up the Arse
    The Speed episode with Dougal on the Milkfloat

Yeah, you said 2, I gave ya 4.....
    giphy.gif

actually the Father Ted question needs a poll, it's too difficult otherwise.

And the Golden Cleric episode.

Counts as 2 episodes though no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Warframe is great imo,ive probably sank near 600hrs into it at this point maybe more. Stopped playing as i hadnt really got much else i wanted to go for. Prepare for RnG to be a right pain in the hole though.

In game currency,platinum,is quite expensive in real money. The more ye get the cheaper it is so the bigger platinum packs are usually the ones to go for,they go on sale about 4 times a year. Game can be played without buying it but you will need to put a decent amount of time in if you want to progress quickly and a lot of things are time gated,crafting weapons/frames,completing quests for instance. You can sell earned in game items to other players,this is how players who dont buy platinum get it. You will need plat for certain things but you get a starter amount and if you get the PS+ exclusive starter pack on the store when starting the game i think its double. Be frugal and that little bit should last a good while.

Best thing to do early game is get into a clan,preferably with a few helpful members that have a decent mastery rank,will really help with the early game levelling and gathering of resources.

Its kinda turned into a horde mode game in a lot of ways with enemies that scale the longer you keep going. When you do get a decent loadout going it can be great fun absolutely controlling then destroying tons of enemies.

If it doesnt click straight away and seems confusing give it a chance,when you do start to understand whats going on it can really click into place.

/wall of text:(

17-2 in battlefield last night, tried to screenshot but forgot, probably in a tank. god operation games go on and on and on and on and on......................................................................

elastickly I trust no-one
    god I love alcohol

• Advertisement

watched Pompeii by mistake a couple of days ago
    Emily browning
    omg
    watched sucker punch
    meh not again
    watched you tube
    sweet dreams are made of these
    aw sum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

+1 on Warframe

Be prepared for a very steep learning curve on it.

Update later on in the year is adding an open world map similar in size to Skyrim and the ability to create your own weapons.

It is very grindy so its not for everybody.

There is even a raid on it, dont ask me what it like caus i have never done it even though i have 100's of hours on it.

watched Pompeii by mistake a couple of days ago
    Emily browning
    omg
    watched sucker punch
    meh not again
    watched you tube
    sweet dreams are made of these
    aw sum

Seriously man you should be posting this in creative writing section. I can already see the tortured soul comments.

jesus
    alcohol
    thought I was in ps chat

I've turned one of Destiny 1s biggest early flaws into a positive.
    I won't allow any game try and wrap the word "grind" into any sort of package it's trying to sell me like a dog tablet being wrapped in a slice of ham
    I can just be playing other games, experiencing different things etc.
    If someone likes it, and is happy to grind for what they need in the game, that's great for them. It's just not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Folks, the youngfella told me there's some Overwatch event starting soon and he's asked me to get some "loot boxes"(?) on his account. Any details forthcoming about it? Do I just log in and claim them, or do I have to play (of which I have zero interest in doing)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yakuza wrote: »
    Folks, the youngfella told me there's some Overwatch event starting soon and he's asked me to get some "loot boxes"(?) on his account. Any details forthcoming about it? Do I just log in and claim them, or do I have to play (of which I have zero interest in doing)

Play games, gain xp, receive loot box. You can also play Arcade mode and grab a few extra boxes for reaching certain win numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

***Shudder***

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You can buy them too if you don't want to play. Should give the game a go though, it might surprise you

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/overwatch-game-of-the-year-edition/cid=EP0002-CUSA03974_00-OWGOTYBUNDLE0000%3AADD-ONS?emcid=pa-st-111284

• Advertisement

I've turned one of Destiny 1s biggest early flaws into a positive.
    I won't allow any game try and wrap the word "grind" into any sort of package it's trying to sell me like a dog tablet being wrapped in a slice of ham
    I can just be playing other games, experiencing different things etc.
    If someone likes it, and is happy to grind for what they need in the game, that's great for them. It's just not for me.

then goes out and buys destiny 2................. I'm detecting a flaw in your logic here generic

Advertisement