Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starfish5000

Ap1234 wrote: »
    I've been dealing with HMCD still. Winston has said the esb marked on the map is now bin depot and cant be changed. This is really annoying as i feel its going to devalue the location obviously if i knew everyones bin would be beside my front door i wouldnt have chosen this house but seems theres nothing they can do.

Am wondering tho are they just not recycling depots at the esb points as can't understand why black bins would be in those depots if we have our own individual bin which is collected weekly and the bins in the depot will be collected bi weekly?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

Am wondering tho are they just not recycling depots at the esb points as can't understand why black bins would be in those depots if we have our own individual bin which is collected weekly and the bins in the depot will be collected bi weekly?

The bin depots are for the mid terrace houses that dont have a side gate. This stops people leaving there bin at the front door which would take up to much room.

dn2017 wrote: »
    The bin depots are for the mid terrace houses that dont have a side gate. This stops people leaving there bin at the front door which would take up to much room.

Am not sure if that is the case as I bought a mid terrace and am getting an individual black bin as my solicitor asked about the bin situation that's why was wondering if the depot is for recycling as no mention of households getting green bins

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rmctex

Am not sure if that is the case as I bought a mid terrace and am getting an individual black bin as my solicitor asked about the bin situation that's why was wondering if the depot is for recycling as no mention of households getting green bins

Where are the people going to put the black bin?
    in the back garden? not very practical at all.
    is there a place close to the front door?

rmctex wrote: »

If you have a driveway am sure there is room for a black bin there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 rmctex

If you have a driveway am sure there is room for a black bin there
    Agreed..
    but being the problem with terraced houses... I don't think they have a driveway..
    or do they?

Agreed..
    but being the problem with terraced houses... I don't think they have a driveway..
    or do they?

Mine does on shackelton way but not sure about anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Emk_91

Mine does on shackelton way but not sure about anywhere else

It was my understanding that the bin depot would also include black bins, I don't have a lot of room outside where I bought to store any bin.

I have emailed Cairns to clarify this.

Emk_91 wrote: »
    It was my understanding that the bin depot would also include black bins, I don't have a lot of room outside where I bought to store any bin.

I have emailed Cairns to clarify this.

I wouldn't like to see black bins in the depot as the depot would smell. If every house gets a black bin then there shouldn't be a problem with the depot being used for recycling only

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

Can you attach the pictures when you get a chance? Does your type c have a front garden? I went and looked in churchfields last Friday and took some pictures but the house type C has this stone porch around the door. I will try and upload now.

Sorry it wouldn't let me upload....trying again. Hope this works. Mine has a drive way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

Can you attach the pictures when you get a chance? Does your type c have a front garden? I went and looked in churchfields last Friday and took some pictures but the house type C has this stone porch around the door. I will try and upload now.

Keep a saying the file is too large sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

I wouldn't like to see black bins in the depot as the depot would smell. If every house gets a black bin then there shouldn't be a problem with the depot being used for recycling only

Correct, but then the problem is for the terraced houses who will have to drag the bin from the back garden and through the house because there seems not to be any space to put it in front of the house? :-/ At least it looks like this in Shackleton Place..

I have been told by HMCD that the bin depots are for all bins (Black Bins) as the mid terraced houses haven't got much room at the front door or driveway for bin storage. I have a drive way on Shackleton Way but they are not the biggest and this will prevent cats and fly's from your front door.

I am looking forward to see what these bin depots look like!

I have been told by HMCD that the bin depots are for all bins (Black Bins) as the mid terraced houses haven't got much room at the front door or driveway for bin storage. I have a drive way on Shackleton Way but they are not the biggest and this will prevent cats and fly's from your front door.

Then why are we getting individual bins? Eversheds replied in writing to my solicitor that every household would have an individual bin- doesn't make sense if there is black bins in the depot?

Individual bins meaning Individual Black Bins? Correct me if I am wrong?

Individual bins meaning Individual Black Bins? Correct me if I am wrong?

Yea one individual black bin per household, that's why I was hoping the bin depots would be for recycling only- supppse we will just have to wait and see what the depots will actually be like :-/

I have seen estates recently that have bin depots that sound like what you described. They had them well hidden by trees etc so hopefully it will be the same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

I have seen estates recently that have bin depots that sound like what you described. They had them well hidden by trees etc so hopefully it will be the same here.

I guess we'll have to wait and see (and hope everybody will be suited and happy with their solution).. :-)

Is there any estates near Lucan that have these bin depots that I could go and have a look to get an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ap1234

Afew answers we got from HMCD.

1.What is the layout of the sockets for the entire house? I am still awaiting confirmation around this.

2. What colour is the tiles from the hallway to the kitchen? The tiles are supplied by Project Tiles .
    Kitchen, hall way & bathrooms will be all tiled – please note the door wall for all bathrooms will not be tiled. – Colours – Bathrooms is Abby Marfil Matt & Kitchen and Hall way & WC down stairs is Domus Marfil

3. Is there any chance of not getting tiles and getting a floor the whole way throughout the bottom of the house? No – there is a no changes policy

4. Can you provide the exact measurements of the rooms for the a Type B house? ( we are trying to purchase a sofa before we move in and require measurements). There is measurements in the brochure for guideline purposes, they will be able to measure their home when they are called for snagging.

5. What are the type and colours of the tiles provided for the 2 bathrooms - Yes and it is Abby Marfil Matt

6. Does the downstairs toilet come tiled. If so what type and colour? Yes and it is Domus Marfil

7. Is there shower doors provided in both bathrooms? Shower doors will be provided but no bath doors will be included.

8. With regards painting, is there any chance we can have an input on the colours of the rooms? All houses are painted white throughout, there will be no changes to the paint colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

Just received a mail back form HMCD which said that they are awaiting exact details regarding the refuse stores. They said once confirmed they will let me know.

Thanks for sharing the info on the tiles etc. great to know :)

Is there any estates near Lucan that have these bin depots that I could go and have a look to get an idea?

I think Chelmsford Manor in Celbridge has a similar setup as that estate has some terraced houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nemo28

Checki0610 wrote: »
    I meant to say we're actually the fourth row too so you must be our neighbours :) have yous got a date yet?

We must be neighbours so! Nope no date yet but we have to sign by the 22nd August so should get that done but from reading this thread it seems as though that block could be finished in Dec but I could have sworn it wasn't until March? Have you heard anything more?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

Nemo28 wrote: »
    We must be neighbours so! Nope no date yet but we have to sign by the 22nd August so should get that done but from reading this thread it seems as though that block could be finished in Dec but I could have sworn it wasn't until March? Have you heard anything more?

We were told by H&McD it was December but after hearing different dates I emailed cairn and they said that the planned completion date for our row is December but that's dependant on weather and all. I doubt it will be ready by Dec but they do seem to be shooting up fast so maybe Jan/Feb. We will have a better idea id say in Oct/Nov if the people who have been told November for the first few rows actually get to move in I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Nemo28 wrote: »
    Checki0610 wrote: »
    I meant to say we're actually the fourth row too so you must be our neighbours :) have yous got a date yet?

When did your solicitors receive your contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

Ap1234 wrote: »
    Afew answers we got from HMCD.

1.What is the layout of the sockets for the entire house? I am still awaiting confirmation around this.

2. What colour is the tiles from the hallway to the kitchen? The tiles are supplied by Project Tiles .
    Kitchen, hall way & bathrooms will be all tiled – please note the door wall for all bathrooms will not be tiled. – Colours – Bathrooms is Abby Marfil Matt & Kitchen and Hall way & WC down stairs is Domus Marfil

3. Is there any chance of not getting tiles and getting a floor the whole way throughout the bottom of the house? No – there is a no changes policy

4. Can you provide the exact measurements of the rooms for the a Type B house? ( we are trying to purchase a sofa before we move in and require measurements). There is measurements in the brochure for guideline purposes, they will be able to measure their home when they are called for snagging.

5. What are the type and colours of the tiles provided for the 2 bathrooms - Yes and it is Abby Marfil Matt

6. Does the downstairs toilet come tiled. If so what type and colour? Yes and it is Domus Marfil

7. Is there shower doors provided in both bathrooms? Shower doors will be provided but no bath doors will be included.

8. With regards painting, is there any chance we can have an input on the colours of the rooms? All houses are painted white throughout, there will be no changes to the paint colour.

Excellent info thanks very much. Any idea if the utility rooms and cloak rooms will also be tiled? Not sure if all house types have them. Would be kinda annoying if we had to source and arrange for more tiling to finish off but if we have to would like to know in advance.

Not too surprised at the white paint throughout, or the no change policy. I have a friend who bought in churchfields who made substantial changes to her kitchen and it ended up with a lot of delays as a result. It also cost quite a bit. Cairn learnt a lesson there I'd say!

Do end of terrace homes also have bin stores I wonder?

Just to let whoever is on the first block of Shackleton Way that I was chatting to a builder on Friday afternoon and he was saying the houses are coming along really well with all the wooden studs are up for the sitting rooms, bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen etc. He also said that the sockets and the plumbing is in. I am starting to think the houses will be ready for the start of November with a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

Just to let whoever is on the first block of Shackleton Way that I was chatting to a builder on Friday afternoon and he was saying the houses are coming along really well with all the wooden studs are up for the sitting rooms, bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen etc. He also said that the sockets and the plumbing is in. I am starting to think the houses will be ready for the start of November with a bit of luck.

Thanks for this info. What house numbers are in the first block? 1 to 6?

Lavly wrote: »
    Thanks for this info. What house numbers are in the first block? 1 to 6?

I think its 1-6 or its either 2-6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Nemo28

When did your solicitors receive your contracts?

He received them on the 2nd August I think and he sent them back and we've to sign tomorrow. What about you? Did you buy in July?

Advertisement