Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

Thanks for the update on kitchen in Type C house . Id imagine it will be a smaller window they couldnt realistically have the deep window with the back of the units on show?!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Thanks for the update on kitchen in Type C house . Id imagine it will be a smaller window they couldnt realistically have the deep window with the back of the units on show?!

The windows are definitely changing just no one could tell me to what type. I'm a little bit annoyed, really liked the big window in the sitting room

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I just got confirmation from Cairn and the architect that the kitchen in house type C is at the front. They could not confirm the size of the new windows

Would a group of purchasers be interested in getting together and getting their own builder in- to do a reconfig- to move the kitchen back to the back of the house? Or indeed- have a chat with Cairn to try and persuade them of the unhappiness that their redesign is causing?

I just got confirmation from Cairn and the architect that the kitchen in house type C is at the front. They could not confirm the size of the new windows

Would a group of purchasers be interested in getting together and getting their own builder in- to do a reconfig- to move the kitchen back to the back of the house? Or indeed- have a chat with Cairn to try and persuade them of the unhappiness that their redesign is causing?

I would 100% be on board

I would 100% be on board

Yeah me too as I much prefer the kitchen to the back and to keep the large windows in the front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

dn2017 wrote: »
    I am finding it really hard the last few weeks to get proper info off Hooke & McD. I called to the Information Suite two weeks ago and the agent didn't have any answer's for my questions. I also have asked them for the dimensions of the walls in our Living room so we can plan ahead for our couch but they only have the dimensions from the brochure.

They also don't have the measurements for the back garden and they are not having any show houses for this site as they have not put it down in the plans which is very unusual!

There is a file on the sdcc planning docs for back garden sizes. Whether you can rely on it or not is another matter! Average size for a type is 70sqm ish. Some bigger and some smaller. This is actually quite important for us as we like decent outside space. I don't think we asked for confirmation of garden sizes as a query, but we might try. Anyone else have any clarification on garden sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Newbie xx

corre10 wrote: »
    There is a file on the sdcc planning docs for back garden sizes. Whether you can rely on it or not is another matter! Average size for a type is 70sqm ish. Some bigger and some smaller. This is actually quite important for us as we like decent outside space. I don't think we asked for confirmation of garden sizes as a query, but we might try. Anyone else have any clarification on garden sizes?

Never raised the question, but I was going to go by SDCC plan. However things I've read on here in the past week or so have made me wonder, are these plans reliable????

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

I asked about the garden size when we put down the deposit and was told by HMD that they didn't know. I'd say the maps in SDCC are pretty accurate, although the most recent one still has the pathways to back gardens for terraced houses.
    Does anyone have a list of suppliers for the decor in the show houses in Parkside?

Just drove by to look at the type C houses that are built. The site was locked up obviously but from glancing in it looks like the living room window is big as per the brochure and the Parkside showhouse but the kitchen window is smaller. They looked nice from a distance anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

spx3 wrote: »
    I asked about the garden size when we put down the deposit and was told by HMD that they didn't know. I'd say the maps in SDCC are pretty accurate, although the most recent one still has the pathways to back gardens for terraced houses.
    Does anyone have a list of suppliers for the decor in the show houses in Parkside?

I know optimise interior designers designed them and I emailed them weeks ago asking would they mind telling me where they got some of there stuff and they didn't even reply, so I'd also be interested to know if you do find out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Newbie xx

Well we finally got our queries answered ....
    Not the answers we wanted!!!

Newbie xx wrote: »
    Well we finally got our queries answered ....
    Not the answers we wanted!!!

Like to enlighten us?
    Doesn't sound good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

Did anyone ever hear anything back about the proposed traveller accomdation facility?

Fk28 wrote: »
    Did anyone ever hear anything back about the proposed traveller accomdation facility?

Apparently one unit is proposed for phase 2 of the possible future development. So there's none in the 267 units planned for the current development. That's all I know but which I got from the sdcc website I haven't gotten any information directly from Hooke&McD

Photo of front of Type C house in shackleton. Taken from a distance. So the window for the kitchen is the same width as the living room one it just doesnt have the extra deep panel like the living room window. Not sure you can see it properly on the attached photo

Just found this PDF information for the overall of Adamstown which includes the area for both phase 1 and 2 of Shackleton if anyone wants to have a look:

http://www.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/publications//adamstown-section-2-29-mar.pdf

It shows a map on page 7 which locates where they planned to put traveller facilities (the red circle markers). Based on this it looks like they have one planned in phase 1. I don't no if this has changed. It's worrying as we're suppose to sign contracts in the morning, has anyone got any information from there solicitors?

Photo of front of Type C house in shackleton. Taken from a distance. So the window for the kitchen is the same width as the living room one it just doesnt have the extra deep panel like the living room window. Not sure you can see it properly on the attached photo[/quotet

Thanks for the pic. Starting to come along I just would like it be faster!! They look very well from outside. Are the windows white??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

Checki0610 wrote: »
    Just found this PDF information for the overall of Adamstown which includes the area for both phase 1 and 2 of Shackleton if anyone wants to have a look:

http://www.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/publications//adamstown-section-2-29-mar.pdf

It shows a map on page 7 which locates where they planned to put traveller facilities (the red circle markers). Based on this it looks like they have one planned in phase 1. I don't no if this has changed. It's worrying as we're suppose to sign contracts in the morning, has anyone got any information from there solicitors?

Can someone tell me what they mean by traveller accommodation site?

Checki0610 wrote: »

I rang the estate agent last week and asked about the traveller facility and he just said oh I know nothing about that I hav'nt heard anything etc. I told him about the SDCC docs and he said he would get back to me. I then emailed a few days later asking for an update he didn't get back to me. He then rang my partner a few days later and said that there is no proposed facility in Shackleton but he couldn't comment on other estates being built. My partner asked him to put that in an email so that we would have that in writing. We have yet to receive this email. Maybe someone else has heard back with solid answers?

I rang the estate agent last week and asked about the traveller facility and he just said oh I know nothing about that I hav'nt heard anything etc. I told him about the SDCC docs and he said he would get back to me. I then emailed a few days later asking for an update he didn't get back to me. He then rang my partner a few days later and said that there is no proposed facility in Shackleton but he couldn't comment on other estates being built. My partner asked him to put that in an email so that we would have that in writing. We have yet to receive this email. Maybe someone else has heard back with solid answers?

Ok thanks for that, hopefully you get something in writing. I'm going to call in the morning and ask for the same. I'm just also worried about how it could possibly affect the value of the houses in the future etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Ap1234

I wouldn't take that map on sdcc as being to accurate. On Shackleton way it's has a public green area where there our houses that have been sold. It's hard to get the correct information from anyone but I don't think that map is correct. Also if you compare the site map in our brochure to the part of the map on sdcc that represents Shackleton there very different

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wacha

h ttp :// w_w_w_.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/guidelines//traveller-accommodation-programme-2014-2018-final-draft.pdf (Remove spaces and underscores) Page 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

wacha wrote: »
    h ttp :// w_w_w_.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/guidelines//traveller-accommodation-programme-2014-2018-final-draft.pdf (Remove spaces and underscores) Page 9

Clickable http://www.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/guidelines//traveller-accommodation-programme-2014-2018-final-draft.pdf

Fyi, one breaking point is enough :D :pac: :rolleyes:

There is no traveller accommodation within the existing Shackleton Park development as per the current planning permission and the site plan contained within the brochure consisting of 267 units. There will be social housing contained within Shackleton Park however the details have yet to be confirmed as to where these units will be located.

There could be Traveller Accommodation located within the greater SDZ area.

That's the response I got this morning. Did you get something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fatcat11145

Hi
    Guys did you get all your queries answered by Eversheds regard to your contacts?

There is no traveller accommodation within the existing Shackleton Park development as per the current planning permission and the site plan contained within the brochure consisting of 267 units. There will be social housing contained within Shackleton Park however the details have yet to be confirmed as to where these units will be located.

Have a look at the planning permission for Adamstown (not Shackleton)- the traveller accommodation is specified- its between Adamstown and Shackleton- it is *not* part of Shackleton itself. Also- I was told the apartment block at the entrance was designated social housing- is this changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

Hi
    Guys did you get all your queries answered by Eversheds regard to your contacts?
    Yes, ready to sign. All queries that came back were positive.

Yea we got the same we signed this morning. :)

Yip seems like the solicitor is happy with the responses we'll be signing and returning contracts in following days. next step is to arrange the HTB payment to developer....anyone else?

• Advertisement

corre10 wrote: »

Yip seems like the solicitor is happy with the responses we'll be signing and returning contracts in following days. next step is to arrange the HTB payment to developer....anyone else?

I have heard the uploading of contracts is a nightmare. Please let us know how you get on. Our solicitor is waiting on contracts!

Advertisement