Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

dn2017 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any more info from HMCD or Cairn regarding house completion date? Hopefully all still the same.

We are on the 4th row of the way and we got a date of 22nd of December

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

Checki0610 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any more info from HMCD or Cairn regarding house completion date? Hopefully all still the same.

We are on the 3rd row of the way and we got a date of 22nd of December

I'm the 1st row of the way so hoping it's still early November!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

I'm the 1st row of the way so hoping it's still early November!

What is the norm, do they allow for snagging to take place prior to that date or is it after they give you the keys?

corre10 wrote: »
    What is the norm, do they allow for snagging to take place prior to that date or is it after they give you the keys?

They let you do the snag once the house is ready, once the snag goes ahead and everything is all good you would usually get your keys within Two weeks to move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

They let you do the snag once the house is ready, once the snag goes ahead and everything is all good you would usually get your keys within Two weeks to move in.

Thanks for that. Under a bit of pressure time wise to make sure we don't have to reapply for the mortgage. Obviously the sooner the better! Took a spin up yesterday, most of the Way and the Place are getting roof slates on and part of the new road is now open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Emk_91

Does anyone know the completion date for Shackleton Walk? Last I heard it was mid November.

Emk_91 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the completion date for Shackleton Walk? Last I heard it was mid November.

Nearly sure it will be the same time as the first row in Shackleton Way.
    Hopefully start of November or mid november.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Has anyone that bought in early July signed contracts yet? Ours were received by our solicitor on the 31/7.

Has anyone that bought in early July signed contracts yet? Ours were received by our solicitor on the 31/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

Has anyone received their signed contracts back? We signed 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet, just wondering if that's what everyone else is experiencing.

• Advertisement

spx3 wrote: »
    Has anyone received their signed contracts back? We signed 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet, just wondering if that's what everyone else is experiencing.

We got ours back a week after we signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nemo28

We bought in early July too and solicitor got contracts start of August but we are yet to hear anything. Hopefully will sign and send back this week. Whereabouts have you bought? We are the 4th block on the Way.. just hope they're built before loan offer runs out.. last we heard was March

Nemo28 wrote: »
    We bought in early July too and solicitor got contracts start of August but we are yet to hear anything. Hopefully will sign and send back this week. Whereabouts have you bought? We are the 4th block on the Way.. just hope they're built before loan offer runs out.. last we heard was March

I meant to say we're actually the fourth row too so you must be our neighbours :) have yous got a date yet?

Nemo28 wrote: »

I hope we are the same. We really want to make sure we get the first time buyers grant. We bought on the green. Has anyone else bought on the green? Last we were told was February!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

Was over by malahide earlier and popped into Parkside development this is a photo of the tutor C house with the kitchen to the front like the way they will be in Shackleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

I bought in May but haven't signed the contracts yet. My solicitor is still waiting for answers on her queries. I am hoping I can sign the contracts before the end of the month. Does anybody knows the completion date for Shackleton Way?

Lavly wrote: »
    I bought in May but haven't signed the contracts yet. My solicitor is still waiting for answers on her queries. I am hoping I can sign the contracts before the end of the month. Does anybody knows the completion date for Shackleton Way?

I bought in May aswel on Shackleton Way but signed the contracts at the end of June. I was told that the dates haven't changed and it looks like the first block on the way will be the start of November.

Was over by malahide earlier and popped into Parkside development this is a photo of the tutor C house with the kitchen to the front like the way they will be in Shackleton.

Can you attach the pictures when you get a chance? Does your type c have a front garden? I went and looked in churchfields last Friday and took some pictures but the house type C has this stone porch around the door. I will try and upload now.

Did anyone hear any word about where bins were going to be located? Is it defo where the ESB boxes are marked on the map?

House Type C style from Churchfields.

• Advertisement

Did anyone hear any word about where bins were going to be located? Is it defo where the ESB boxes are marked on the map?

I emailed cairn today and they got back to me saying this :

"There will be bin stores peppered throughout the development and will be sufficient to cater for each road within Shackleton. Please see below for your bin store I have highlighted it on the below image (Which the closest esb box to my house was highlighted so I'm guessing there still going to use the esb areas for everyone)"

With regards completion dates she said the following (I'm the 4th block on the way):
    "There is no appointed date for your home however the timeline for completion is December, please note dates are approximate and for guideline purposes and sometimes can be pushed out due to external factors and weather."

Checki0610 wrote: »
    I emailed cairn today and they got back to me saying this :

"There will be bin stores peppered throughout the development and will be sufficient to cater for each road within Shackleton. Please see below for your bin store I have highlighted it on the below image (Which the closest esb box to my house was highlighted so I'm guessing there still going to use the esb areas for everyone)"

With regards completion dates she said the following (I'm the 4th block on the way):
    "There is no appointed date for your home however the timeline for completion is December, please note dates are approximate and for guideline purposes and sometimes can be pushed out due to external factors and weather."

Thanks for sharing, really helpful. The whole bin store thing makes me uneasy as I've bought a house right beside an ESB spot. I've lived beside one before and they're smelly and look awful. Hopefully they find a way to hide it as much as possible. Anyone else concerned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

House Type C style from Churchfields.

Churchfields C type doesn't have that around the door. This element is on C1, C2, F, and B types. D1 has a smaller version.

C type (4 bed) on the right, D type (3 bed) on the left of this photo:

U6gbyYt.png

Thanks for sharing, really helpful. The whole bin store thing makes me uneasy as I've bought a house right beside an ESB spot. I've lived beside one before and they're smelly and look awful. Hopefully they find a way to hide it as much as possible. Anyone else concerned?

I'm really concerned about it to, there's an esb spot right at the front of our house aswel. I dunno if there's anything we can do, unless we all emailed saying we weren't happy about it but I dunno if it would help in any way? It's annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

When my mortgage bank conducted their valuation of the property, the completion date noted for Shackleton Way is 1 December. Did you guys have any difficult getting answers from their solicitor? It took them a month to respond on our first queries and we are waiting for almost 2 weeks now for the second set.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starfish5000

I am also concerned as I bought a type b house on second row of the way but my solicitor queried the bins and the answer she got was that households all get one individual black bin so am thinking the esb bin depots could be just for recycling? Anyone else hear anything similar?

I am also concerned as I bought a type b house on second row of the way but my solicitor queried the bins and the answer she got was that households all get one individual black bin so am thinking the esb bin depots could be just for recycling? Anyone else hear anything similar?
    I'm going to contact Cairn today and see what they say. I'll update on what they come back with.

yannakis wrote: »
    Churchfields C type doesn't have that around the door. This element is on C1, C2, F, and B types. D1 has a smaller version.

C type (4 bed) on the right, D type (3 bed) on the left of this photo:

U6gbyYt.png

I am talking about house type C in shackleton which is the equivalent to house type F in chuchfields.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ap1234

I've been dealing with HMCD still. Winston has said the esb marked on the map is now bin depot and cant be changed. This is really annoying as i feel its going to devalue the location obviously if i knew everyones bin would be beside my front door i wouldnt have chosen this house but seems theres nothing they can do.

• Advertisement

Ap1234 wrote: »
    I've been dealing with HMCD still. Winston has said the esb marked on the map is now bin depot and cant be changed. This is really annoying as i feel its going to devalue the location obviously if i knew everyones bin would be beside my front door i wouldnt have chosen this house but seems theres nothing they can do.

I am hoping that the bin depot is something fancy and they have it well covered and protected which doesn't leave a smell. I am nearly sure this will be looked after by the management company that we are going to be paying for!

Advertisement