Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SteamGifts Boards.ie private group (Discussion Only)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Anyway, thanks again. I've about ten Humble games to give away, so I'll hang onto them until I can join the group in a few weeks.

You closed your old account?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Darch is an old user on a new account, and in good standing, so he's been added to the Steam Group, since there's nothing to be gained by enforcing the account age limit in such a scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Skerries wrote: »
    ok as usual because my accounts were compromised I will be sending the winners of these games 4 other keys to other games so you get at least a few working

good luck!

signature.png

signature.png
    tonkpills wrote: »
    Over 2 months unclaimed gift from last giveaway is back up.

signature.png
    Caught rapid :(

l9IOiAR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the amount you can give away goes up as your level goes up

Kiith wrote: »
    Apparently you can only have 5 giveaways up at a time, so this might take a while. First batch of games here. Been meaning to put them up for a while.

Strictly speaking, this thread is meant for discussions of the group, and the giveaways should go in this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056950905&page=272

you may want to also post them on there to ensure they're seen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Oops, didn't realise i'd posted it here. Moved across there now. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

I've bought way too much stuff this month, so I'm giving away some more Humble Monthly goodies.

Be warned; I'll be throwing the name of each winner through SteamGifts Tools, so if you win, please have your Steam profile set to public. All giveaways are for HB links, level 2, and will be opened until this day week (14th). Cheers!

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of throwing each name through SteamGifts Tools???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It just checks that the winner has activated any previously won games, and that they haven't won the game before.

It just checks that the winner has activated any previously won games, and that they haven't won the game before.

Cool, thanks for that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jesus my wife must never see this :D

http://www.sgtools.info/sent/kdjac

Why do you care? :confused: Maybe they want it for a mate ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Jesus my wife must never see this :D

http://www.sgtools.info/sent/kdjac

I don't put my games up to give to peoples friends personally.

SG ban people who have inactivated games etc, not sure what the point is though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

dreamers75 wrote: »
    It's their game, they can do what they want. Personally, I'd be pissed if someone entered to win one of my games and gave it away. There's a reason it's a Boardsie group and not a public group.
    SG ban people who have inactivated games etc, not sure what the point is though
    It's not automatic, though, it's based on reports so there's a chance some will slip through the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yup, pretty much as Vojera and Digital Solitude have already said. Another reason is that there are some people who win gifts and then actually sell them on, which is pretty douchey imo. I'm not saying any boardsies do this, but the facility is there to deter it, so might as well use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

The
    stats for the group are interesting viewing.

Some of you give away insane amounts, fair play.

I'm on an ok €-57 myself. Need to give away a few bits to balance it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

$+327 here. The lads at the end of the list will need to take out a small loan to balance themselves! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Korvanica wrote: »
    The
    stats for the group are interesting viewing.

Some of you give away insane amounts, fair play.

I'm on an ok €-57 myself. Need to give away a few bits to balance it up.

Crikey, I didn't realise I had fallen so far behind the curve. I guess I got quite lucky in the last couple of months and didn't notice the won list creeping higher! The only remedy is to give away some games!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I've several games keys for Uplay which I'd like to give away.

I assume that can't be done through our group, is there any other way other than slapping them into the Freebies thread?

TrueDub wrote: »
    I've several games keys for Uplay which I'd like to give away.

I assume that can't be done through our group, is there any other way other than slapping them into the Freebies thread?

Since they won't appear on someone's Steam account, Steamgifts could suspend them for it.

The freebies thread is the safer option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

In fairness surely most people would have stuff to donate.you get so many spare copies through humble bundle. Is there a way to monitor who donates and who doesn't ?

I'm not a donator so I never asked to join. I just pop by for a read on what people think is good...always honest opinions when the game is free

sierra117x wrote: »
    In fairness surely most people would have stuff to donate.you get so many spare copies through humble bundle. Is there a way to monitor who donates and who doesn't ?

I'm not a donator so I never asked to join. I just pop by for a read on what people think is good...always honest opinions when the game is free

You can see the per user stats publicly:

https://www.steamgifts.com/group/mFPgY/boardsiesteamgifts/users

It's always been left to indivudual donators to set entry level requirements as they see fit.

In my own case I don't set them, as I understand people may simply not be in a position to afford every new and shiny thing, just because I can. There's nigh on two hundred members in there, and I'm sure they span a varied economic/practical spectrum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

.7 away from level 7 :confused:

My luck per month is at 0 and probability of winning is 0 :confused:

Sorry posted in discussion thread by mistake, go here instead
    Dacelonid wrote: »
    here

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Are you able to win a game twice?

robertninja already won umbrella corps from me a few weeks ago.

Wouldn't have noticed except he won half the games in the last post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Remouad wrote: »
    Are you able to win a game twice?

robertninja already won umbrella corps from me a few weeks ago.

Wouldn't have noticed except he won half the games in the last post.

Normally you can't enter for a game you already own. However, if you enter both raffles before activating the game, you can still enter, and also some games have multiple versions and SteamGifts doesn't recognise them as being the same, so you can enter them all.

And some games are known to be nerfed on SG and allow people to enter even if they have the game in their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I noticed that today and tried to give the key to people on my friend list. Nobody wanted it even for free so go ahead and re-roll it if that's possible. I did get the DLC via email, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I noticed that today and tried to give the key to people on my friend list. Nobody wanted it even for free so go ahead and re-roll it if that's possible. I did get the DLC via email, though.

Is it not bad form to be donating keys to friends that you won in the group? Like why enter if you dont want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You'd have been screwing one of the guys who gave it away, it needs to be rerolled in these cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Tinie wrote: »
    Is it not bad form to be donating keys to friends that you won in the group? Like why enter if you dont want it.

Didn't remember I already won it earlier. The site usually prevents you from entering if you already own a game so I trusted it. (its been activated in my library for a while now)
    You'd have been screwing one of the guys who gave it away, it needs to be rerolled in these cases.

Why would that screw em'? User wins X game. User has X game activated in their library. I assume the system wouldn't care after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Didn't remember I already won it earlier. The site usually prevents you from entering if you already own a game so I trusted it. (its been activated in my library for a while now)

Why would that screw em'? User wins X game. User has X game activated in their library. I assume the system wouldn't care after this.

It's kind of a hey guys this is for someone on this group thing. Not hey give this to your mates thing. You have a copy, took a copy from another user and then gave it to someone not in the group

• Advertisement

In my opinion you should only be entering for yourself. When I do a giveaway my intention is for it to go to someone in the Boards group not one of your mates. My intention is for it to go to someone who really wants it. You must be just entering all the giveaways out of boredom.

I think in future if I see "robertninja" I'll be hitting "select new winner" (or whatever it's called!).

Advertisement