Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SteamGifts Boards.ie private group (Discussion Only)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Rules are in the first post of the other thread. Don't know how hard they are but basically...
    irishoob wrote: »
    SteamGifts Boards.ie private group

So what rules do people want for the private group?
    • Member longer than 3 months
    • 50+ posts

Few more posts, bit more time and then you're in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I dont gift games here anymore because of the amount of sponges who treated it a free game, i understand some people cant buy all of the games but the last few months this group has become people who sign up and get to level 1 by offering a cheap game and just enter every raffle with no intention of gifting back.

It was a good idea for boardsies, i probably wont offer up any more games on this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I tend to agree, when i see names of people i dont recognize from this PC gaming forum or never seem to be involved in PC gaming chat here and win games it just doesnt feel right.
    What can be done about it? I really dont know.

Its gone from recognizing every name on your entry list to an item you put up to recognizing maybe one or two only if your lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You could up the Contributor Level on your giveaways. Or maybe whitelist the members you like/recognise and only run giveaways for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

People come and go in communities and contribute in different ways!
    I'm sure not a lot of people recognise me, as I've been here only 9 months.
    I've given away 4 games, and only entered 1 give away, that I didn't win :)
    Am I looking for kudos? No! Just trying to point out that not everyone is out to take and not give!

• Advertisement

Noone is looking for Kudos, i gifted 74 games I have no intention of playing. Pretty sure I am the top contributor to the group or thereabouts, its the people who join get to level 1 and have no intention of gifting anything ever.

There is one person who has won at least 30 of my gifts and has given away 3 gifts. Its a nice idea but ultimately ruined by spongers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I am the top contributor to the group or thereabouts.

You can see the stats here.

https://www.steamgifts.com/group/mFPgY/boardsiesteamgifts/users

I am top of the list ( :) ), but I would very rarely contribute anything to the discussions on boards (although I do weigh in from time to time)
    Like you I am not looking for kudos or any kind of recognition, I just want someone to get some enjoyment from games I have no intention of even activating, never mind installing or playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Is there any significance to ^some of the names being greyed out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I believe it is when people's accounts have stopped being linked to Steam.

I wondered the same, so i logged in and i was then non-greyed out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I couldn't find anything about it. Their FAQ doesn't mention it. Best I can work out, it means they haven't been online in the last month or longer.

• Advertisement

Dacelonid wrote: »
    You can see the stats here.

https://www.steamgifts.com/group/mFPgY/boardsiesteamgifts/users

I am top of the list ( :) ), but I would very rarely contribute anything to the discussions on boards (although I do weigh in from time to time)
    Like you I am not looking for kudos or any kind of recognition, I just want someone to get some enjoyment from games I have no intention of even activating, never mind installing or playing.

Jesus the steam thread popped up again and still its the same.

You are still top, I am down to 5th and havent posted a gift in 10 months.

It is a great idea and i am all for giving away games to people who wanted them regardless of cost. But the leeching is still strong. Mods decide who gets entry and as its boards its for the posters.

Maybe put a post limit in this forum on access? Exceptionally hard to put in place I guess.

But I doubt I am the only one who doesnt mind using this knowing the winners put something back in and more than the just the bare minimum to stay in it.

Advertisement