Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Have a double room and single room to rent. €450 and €350 respectively. PM me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tommi94

Male Comp Sc student going into 4th year looking for somewhere to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 1800

nowhere near enough accom in Maynooth for the demand. travelled hour and a half today for a viewing, didnt even get in the door since there was 20 people there and this was 45 mins before it, it went to the first person. joke, so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 con12

- Available Immediately
    2 rooms available have TV, DVD, Internet Access, Wardrobe, Desk, Reading Lamp, Chair, Mirror, Tea Making, Extra Bedclothes provided in all rooms.
    Linen and towels are provided
    Students are provided with their own key to the family home.
    No smoking is allowed in the premises. Students are welcome to smoke outside.

Some of the local amenities include:
    Super Valu, MACE supermarket, pharmacy, post office, pub, petrol stations, cafes, church, etc. a 5 - 10 minute walk
    Bank, Lidl, Aldi. a 10-15 minute walk
    Liffey Valley. a 20-25 minute walk/10 minute cycle
    BCFE... a half-hour walk, 10-min cycle or 10 mins on No. 18 bus
    NUI Maynooth - 18.5km / direct bus
    Direct bus every 10 mins to city centre for Trinity, DIT, DBS, etc. Journey time to the city centre is 20 mins.

If interested please PM

Mod note: please do not put phone numbers in posts

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tommi94

Anyone know of any accommodation in Maynooth, been searching for awhile and still unsuccessful. If anyone knows of anywhere or would like to try get together to find somewhere, message me. 4th year student

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Emilysweetmm

Tommi94 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any accommodation in Maynooth, been searching for awhile and still unsuccessful. If anyone knows of anywhere or would like to try get together to find somewhere, message me. 4th year student

In case you (or anyone) hasn't seen it, got an e-mail from student pad today saying:

Information Sessions for all Maynooth University students still searching for accommodation

We are running a series of Information Sessions from now until the 8th October which you are welcome to attend if you are still searching for accommodation. To sign up for one of these sessions please click here (which links to http ://doodle.com/poll/rnr6da8veas4tivi*). If you cannot find the location we will have a Meeting point in the Student Services Centre Foyer 5 mins prior to any session. These sessions aim to equip you with skills and information that will help you to use the resources that are available in your search. Top Tip! When you are coming to Maynooth bring a smart phone or tablet with you to access our listing service and other online resources as all information is in an online live updated format.

It might help. At the very least you'd find other students who are still looking for accommodation.

*remove the space, not allowed to post proper urls :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

hi all
    my friends daughter was meant to move into a shared house on Sunday and has just been told the deal is fallen through.I cant tell you the devastation and upset this has caused.She is a new 1st year non smoking quiet girl and college starts on Wednesday she is from longford so communting will be a hardship any places at all? can anyone help or offer a share / please pm if you can help or pass us to anyone who has a place .we would be most grateful.

cheers Sonja

Hi Sonja
    I do homestay what college will she be going to .maybe I can help as i do have a room ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Hi she is going to maynooth nui.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 disappear_here

Double room coming up for rent in two bed apartment. Close to the Glenroyal. For mature student or professional. 475 per month. Pm for details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭granturismo

con12 wrote: »
    Hi Sonja
    I do homestay what college will she be going to .maybe I can help as i do have a room ?

This is the Maynooth accommodation thread. It might be appropriate to mention that you are offering accommodation in Palmerstown, 18 Km from Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 suzieled

Large twin room available for 2 people in a Maynooth house sharing with a student and professionals. €200 each in the room and other bills include oil, esb, bins and water. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Double Room available over Manor Mills, Maynooth sharing with 1 final year student. The apartment is directly across the road from Maynooth University North campus and adjacent to South Campus. Available from 24th January to 31st May. €125 per week for a single person or €200 per week for a couple. Bills not included. No Smokers, No Pets. Message me with any enquiries. I am looking for the most suitable tenant and not the first person to reply, so even if it's been a while since this was posted you can still contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

House for rent near Maynooth University

I have a 3 bed house in Celbridge available for rent. Looking for reliable or mature students that might be looking for accomodation. If interested, get in contact. House will be available January 2nd. Looking to lease it for 12 months.

For pictures see link >> https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/4259729?s=K9zKTQmB

Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 boodles

Single Room to Rent in Moyglare Village / house share with 4 others
    Available from 1st January 2016
    Weekly Rent EUR90
    Deposit EUR400

Includes Electricity & Bins
    5 minute walk from University

PM details.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Help1997

Anyone know of a 6 bedroomed house that will be available in September for 6 second year girls? Must be within 15 minute walking distance from college

• Registered Users Posts: 13 3beanzz

I have a couple rooms to let in Leixlip 10km or 2 train stops away from the university. I have one standard room and one very large room and there are 2 bathrooms in the house. I can provide references for myself with my Airbnb account through which I let the rooms tp tourists during the summer months.

Specifically I am looking for students who study Irish as part of their degree. The reason for this is this year I failed to secure a place in the university myself due to an oral Irish interview (for PME primary) I found it difficult to prepare for.

If you would be interested please send me a private message with information on your college course and year of study and I would be happy to send you my Airbnb account and arrange to show you the rooms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭imp1

New to organising accommodation for a daughter, not a lot coming up on daft or similar, just wondering if anyone has inside info on other places to look, or on the off chance that someone has an empty room still looking to be filled. Preference for shared rather than owner occupied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any rooms from January for about 4 to 6 months Maynooth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Derby1

I will have a 2 bedroom, 2 shower room ground floor apartment available above Manor Mills, exact dates to be agreed but will be from end of term in May to just before the beginning of term in September. Both are double bedrooms but are currently configured with a double bed and a single bed, a second single bed is available.

Please PM if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Panicking a bit about accommodation. I can't afford anything above 400 a month which is proving more difficult than I thought. Hoping things will pick up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nave

Me and my sisters are really struggling to find a three bedroom house in Dublin. We don't even care much about the location in Dublin and our budget is €1,700 a month. We've been emailing landlords/estate agents as soon as properties go on Daft but very, very few have responded and we've called any that list numbers.

I'm starting full-time work really soon and the other two are students. None of us smoke.

If anyone would know of any house going or could give any tips we'd really appreciate it. We're looking to move down within the next two weeks so it's starting to look unlikely we'll even get anywhere at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 meabhl

I have a room going in Cellbridge for a PhD student if there are any out there interested? I will be studying one myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

3rd year female student of NUI Maynooth looking for a room to rent in Maynooth area. non smoker.

Current accommodation is being sold and just notified. deposit and reference available

*** Im posting this for a student who works with us part time and isn't a boards user so ill show her all the posts and PMs ***

in Palmerstown
    MOD: Email address removed - Please PM if interested homestay .cook your own meals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I have a self-contained en-suite single room available in Celbridge, on the Hazelhatch side.
    5 mins from main street and 67 bus stop. 15 mins from Hazelhatch train station(there is shuttle bus).
    Own door access, sole use of cooking facilities, bathroom and TV.
    PM for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AlisonN

Final year student looking for a room please. As close to maynooth college as possible as will be walking to & from college. Have rent & deposit etc ready to go so can move very quickly for the right place. Very clean, reliable, friendly female student. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Same again for 20/21
    (No shared facilities, will help with Social Distancing)
    I have a self-contained en-suite single room available in Celbridge, on the Hazelhatch side.
    5 mins from main street and 67 bus stop. 15 mins from Hazelhatch train station(there is a shuttle bus).
    Own door access, sole use of small cooking facilities, bathroom and TV.
    PM for more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Firblog

Any accommodation available? 3rd Year student (f) needing a place, from Donegal so very little travelling home for weekends.

Advertisement