Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rachel1122

i need somewhere too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Is there a market for student digs in maynooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Estelle17

Would anyone (preferably two girls) be interested in renting out a three person bungalow with me? I'm an eighteen year old female non-smoker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

yellow hen wrote: »
    Is there a market for student digs in maynooth?

There's usually quite a few available as most people would view them as a last resort only.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Will55555

If anyone knows of a room available to rent anywhere in Maynooth please send me a PM. For a male mature student going into 3rd year.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 MoreSunshine!

I'm starting first year as a mature student (31), male, smoker but don't mind not smoking indoors, and I'm looking for a house share. I'd preferably like to get a small group of people together and jointly rent a place, as it works out cheaper that way for everyone involved. Giz a shout if you're up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ItsJustLaura

2nd year female looking for a room in a house, preferably not digs. If anyone has anything or knows of anyone with a room can you please let me know. Very desperate at this stage!

There's a twin room in student-only accommodation, if another female would like to rent out with me?
    Only snag is it's a 12 month lease which won't suit most people. Contact me if you're interested though :)

Never mind, I found a nine-month one ;) Again DM me if you're interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

People have commented on old greenfield I believe but how is greenfield drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Have a double room and single room to rent. €450 and €350 respectively. PM me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tommi94

Male Comp Sc student going into 4th year looking for somewhere to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 1800

nowhere near enough accom in Maynooth for the demand. travelled hour and a half today for a viewing, didnt even get in the door since there was 20 people there and this was 45 mins before it, it went to the first person. joke, so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 con12

- Available Immediately
    2 rooms available have TV, DVD, Internet Access, Wardrobe, Desk, Reading Lamp, Chair, Mirror, Tea Making, Extra Bedclothes provided in all rooms.
    Linen and towels are provided
    Students are provided with their own key to the family home.
    No smoking is allowed in the premises. Students are welcome to smoke outside.

Some of the local amenities include:
    Super Valu, MACE supermarket, pharmacy, post office, pub, petrol stations, cafes, church, etc. a 5 - 10 minute walk
    Bank, Lidl, Aldi. a 10-15 minute walk
    Liffey Valley. a 20-25 minute walk/10 minute cycle
    BCFE... a half-hour walk, 10-min cycle or 10 mins on No. 18 bus
    NUI Maynooth - 18.5km / direct bus
    Direct bus every 10 mins to city centre for Trinity, DIT, DBS, etc. Journey time to the city centre is 20 mins.

If interested please PM

Mod note: please do not put phone numbers in posts

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tommi94

Anyone know of any accommodation in Maynooth, been searching for awhile and still unsuccessful. If anyone knows of anywhere or would like to try get together to find somewhere, message me. 4th year student

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Emilysweetmm

Tommi94 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any accommodation in Maynooth, been searching for awhile and still unsuccessful. If anyone knows of anywhere or would like to try get together to find somewhere, message me. 4th year student

In case you (or anyone) hasn't seen it, got an e-mail from student pad today saying:

Information Sessions for all Maynooth University students still searching for accommodation

We are running a series of Information Sessions from now until the 8th October which you are welcome to attend if you are still searching for accommodation. To sign up for one of these sessions please click here (which links to http ://doodle.com/poll/rnr6da8veas4tivi*). If you cannot find the location we will have a Meeting point in the Student Services Centre Foyer 5 mins prior to any session. These sessions aim to equip you with skills and information that will help you to use the resources that are available in your search. Top Tip! When you are coming to Maynooth bring a smart phone or tablet with you to access our listing service and other online resources as all information is in an online live updated format.

It might help. At the very least you'd find other students who are still looking for accommodation.

*remove the space, not allowed to post proper urls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

hi all
    my friends daughter was meant to move into a shared house on Sunday and has just been told the deal is fallen through.I cant tell you the devastation and upset this has caused.She is a new 1st year non smoking quiet girl and college starts on Wednesday she is from longford so communting will be a hardship any places at all? can anyone help or offer a share / please pm if you can help or pass us to anyone who has a place .we would be most grateful.

cheers Sonja

• Registered Users Posts: 12 con12

Hi Sonja
    I do homestay what college will she be going to .maybe I can help as i do have a room ?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Hi she is going to maynooth nui.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 disappear_here

Double room coming up for rent in two bed apartment. Close to the Glenroyal. For mature student or professional. 475 per month. Pm for details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

con12 wrote: »
    Hi Sonja
    I do homestay what college will she be going to .maybe I can help as i do have a room ?

This is the Maynooth accommodation thread. It might be appropriate to mention that you are offering accommodation in Palmerstown, 18 Km from Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 suzieled

Large twin room available for 2 people in a Maynooth house sharing with a student and professionals. €200 each in the room and other bills include oil, esb, bins and water. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Double Room available over Manor Mills, Maynooth sharing with 1 final year student. The apartment is directly across the road from Maynooth University North campus and adjacent to South Campus. Available from 24th January to 31st May. €125 per week for a single person or €200 per week for a couple. Bills not included. No Smokers, No Pets. Message me with any enquiries. I am looking for the most suitable tenant and not the first person to reply, so even if it's been a while since this was posted you can still contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

House for rent near Maynooth University

I have a 3 bed house in Celbridge available for rent. Looking for reliable or mature students that might be looking for accomodation. If interested, get in contact. House will be available January 2nd. Looking to lease it for 12 months.

For pictures see link >> https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/4259729?s=K9zKTQmB

Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 boodles

Single Room to Rent in Moyglare Village / house share with 4 others
    Available from 1st January 2016
    Weekly Rent EUR90
    Deposit EUR400

Includes Electricity & Bins
    5 minute walk from University

PM details.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Help1997

Anyone know of a 6 bedroomed house that will be available in September for 6 second year girls? Must be within 15 minute walking distance from college

• Registered Users Posts: 13 3beanzz

I have a couple rooms to let in Leixlip 10km or 2 train stops away from the university. I have one standard room and one very large room and there are 2 bathrooms in the house. I can provide references for myself with my Airbnb account through which I let the rooms tp tourists during the summer months.

Specifically I am looking for students who study Irish as part of their degree. The reason for this is this year I failed to secure a place in the university myself due to an oral Irish interview (for PME primary) I found it difficult to prepare for.

If you would be interested please send me a private message with information on your college course and year of study and I would be happy to send you my Airbnb account and arrange to show you the rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭imp1

New to organising accommodation for a daughter, not a lot coming up on daft or similar, just wondering if anyone has inside info on other places to look, or on the off chance that someone has an empty room still looking to be filled. Preference for shared rather than owner occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any rooms from January for about 4 to 6 months Maynooth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Derby1

I will have a 2 bedroom, 2 shower room ground floor apartment available above Manor Mills, exact dates to be agreed but will be from end of term in May to just before the beginning of term in September. Both are double bedrooms but are currently configured with a double bed and a single bed, a second single bed is available.

Please PM if interested.

Advertisement