Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 Episode 1 "Dragonstone" - "Non book readers"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

velo.2010 wrote: »
    This exactly. If it was a scene with Sheeran in the background, singing a tune and the scene moving on, then that's fine - its been done before. Sheeren was front and centre here, his face clearly in focus while the scene went back and forward between Arya and the others.

For those young actors, they may never get another chance at appearing in such a high profile show. They wanted to 'live, breath, be' in every second of that scene. Sounds a bit corny but they probably only had that one scene and did what they could with it. Sheeran, on the other hand, had the look of a guy who wanted it to end very quickly and get out of there ASAP. The difference really between an actor and very much non actor.

God only knows what they'll have McGregor do or say!
    Ah would you stop! :D

Seriously, this is no different from recognising an actor from something else, like, oh... This is England for example and getting distracted. For an instant.

This happens all the time in TV shows and films, unless you're the anal sort who reads the full cast list beforehand.

But think of the poor actors with their big chance being upstaged by a pop star. The horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Seriously, this is no different from recognising an actor from something else, like, oh... This is England for example and getting distracted. For an instant.

Ah, it is different. They might as well have put a cardboard cut out of Freddie Mercury in the scene! That's how distracting it was.

Anyway, Sheeran is probably morto at all the comments on his appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

velo.2010 wrote: »

God only knows what they'll have McGregor do or say!

"Dance for me, boy!" to Tyrion?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

"Dance for me, boy!" to Tyrion?

I am Westeros. Those white walkers will dew nuttin.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

What? Was Ed Sheeran in that episode?? never noticed..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

seligehgit wrote: »
    Anybody care to speculate what the priceless gift that Euron speaks of?Tyrion's head?

Tyrion was the first thing that came to mind for me too, so maybe it's a bit too obvious. What about a dragon, either dead or alive? There's currently way too much of a mismatch between the Targaryan forces and everyone else for the upcoming battles to be interesting contests.

Lads, what do you all think of Ed Sheeran making a cameo in this episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Ah would you stop! :D

This happens all the time in TV shows and films, unless you're the anal sort who reads the full cast list beforehand.

But think of the poor actors with their big chance being upstaged by a pop star. The horror.

This is different. There are two shots that linger for a second on Sheeran - if you weren't familiar with the king of wuss-rock you might wonder what the hell was going on ("is he important? Should I know his character from another episode?").

It's not a big deal, a minor irritant and a bit jarring. In the history of TV cameos not even in the same league as say Frank Zappa's appearance on Miami Vice.

Pretty good episode and the Hound's later top-knot comment almost made everything OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

sabat wrote: »
    Tyrion was the first thing that came to mind for me too, so maybe it's a bit too obvious. What about a dragon, either dead or alive? There's currently way too much of a mismatch between the Targaryan forces and everyone else for the upcoming battles to be interesting contests.

I've similar thoughts,hopefully it won't all be so cut and dried.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

What do we have to do to get away from Ed Sheeran.[/QUOTEAll we need now is someone on it next week singing despacito and I have had it 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Genuinely stunned about the amount of people that were comfortably living in Westeros before big bad Ed Sheeran took them out of the experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

It really is all GoT all the time these days. Watching a repeat of a BBC docu-drama about 1066 and who's playing Harald Hardarada only the bould Blackfish!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭griffin100

Just watched it now having avoided spoilers for the last few days. Two memorable scenes - Sam's montage of piss puke **** (made my wife retch in sympathy) and the Hounds you're only a bald **** under that topknot :D

I was more surprised to see Thomas Turgoose than Ed in that scene. I wounder is that it for Thomas or will he be in a few more scenes. Hopefully Ed meets a painful emasculating death ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Was ed the worst scene in the seven seasons?
    what would the other contenders be.
    Some sand snakes scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

seligehgit wrote: »
    Anybody care to speculate what the priceless gift that Euron speaks of?Tyrion's head?
    sabat wrote: »

Ah lads thats easy.
    Euron is a captain that has sailed the world.
    What other person was last seen in a boat and most have also rowed the world by now.
    gendry
    :D
    Makes sense he picked him up along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was ed the worst scene in the seven seasons?
    what would the other contenders be.
    Some sand snakes scene?
    Yep...

e9b94069-6d3f-454a-88a9-da067a10b630.gif

At least the one with the whip tries to make it look a little flashy.

Great to see 'Judge Judy and Executioner' in the role as Archmaester. Jim Broadbent is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

I would say euron will get one of the sand snakes for cersi to avenge her daughter's death. To obvious to be the imp.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

brilou23 wrote: »
    I would say euron will get one of the sand snakes for cersi to avenge her daughter's death. To obvious to be the imp.

Too difficult as well. Sure if he can get Tyrion then he can get Daenerys and end the invasion before it gets a chance to really begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I was hoping this thread would be some actual discussion about what happened in the show overall. Maybe 5% of it has been.

The other 95% has been some WUM winding people up about rubber masks, and people going on about Ed Sheeran.

Nobody interested in :

The very noticeable change in pacing
    The giants being part of the undead army (I thought it was Wun Wun too, but the picture proves otherwise. Can't see them making such a bad continuity error,plus there were other giants north of the wall when Sean Sneactha went to the wildling camp and met Mance for the first time)

Do we now have to assume that anyone who has died north of the wall will likely end up part of the undead army?

Ser Jorah being in the citadel sick bay. How did he end up there after being sent to find a cure?

The Hound seemingly becoming a religious man (I would genuinely love to see a Hound spin off. Maybe showcasing his adventures as he goes on search of chicken)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ser Jorah being in the citadel sick bay. How did he end up there after being sent to find a cure?

I thought he went there to get the maesters to try to cure him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It's a stretch admittedly, but I'd say he probably took a ship.

It's a stretch admittedly, but I'd say he probably took a ship.

I meant more in the "he was given this massive task by Dany and has just turned up in the citadel??" kind of way.

So he hasn't done anything other than just go straight to the citadel? Bit of an anticlimax, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I meant more in the "he was given this massive task by Dany and has just turned up in the citadel??" kind of way.

So he hasn't done anything other than just go straight to the citadel? Bit of an anticlimax, no?

Much like Sam going to the Citadel to find information on defeating the White Walkers, surely Jorah thought that the biggest repository of information in Westeros would be the place to find a cure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Well he has a disease that could completely turn him, would make sense that he's intent​ on finding a cure for that before going off on any big task for anyone..

Started to rewatch last night after reading here (or in the other thread?) That the zoom in on the giants eye was Bran warging into him! I must have been asleep the first few mins to have missed it before!

Love the Hound's one-liners!

Cersai's hair annoys me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I fancy The Hound. I have no shame. Give me him over Jon Sneachta any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

You know nothing, team actimel…

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

I would have thought it was the most obvious starting point. A disease that's been around for centuries would most likely be recorded by the people who have been storing knowledge for centuries.

We don't know yet if there's anyone actually tasked with treating him. So far it just looks like they've quarantined him and left him to rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Something that popped into my head last night, not related to this episode so I hope it's OK to ask here.

Gendry is still floating around in his boat.
    Is there any chance of a re-appearance or was he just poorly written out of the show? If so, what was the point in him even being in it?

• Advertisement

I would have thought it was the most obvious starting point. A disease that's been around for centuries would most likely be recorded by the people who have been storing knowledge for centuries.

We don't know yet if there's anyone actually tasked with treating him. So far it just looks like they've quarantined him and left him to rot.

True. I wonder who in the Citadel could possibly end up curing him....

Advertisement