Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everesting Ticknock - July 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Transcontinental is on my bucket list already, but I leave that for when I'm old kids go to college ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Cb-Jp7FXIAAoYoR.jpg:large

The Lap of Honour today. It honestly felt flat :D

422532.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Alek wrote: »
    Transcontinental is on my bucket list already, but I leave that for when I'm old kids go to college ;)

Snap

Trans-Siberian as a warm up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

daragh_ wrote: »
    Snap

Trans-Siberian as a warm up?

Trans Siberian is also on my bucket list.
    You can buy your tickets here.😀

http://www.trans-siberian.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwnazLBRDxrdGMx-Km4oQBEiQAQJ1q61m-6tuhHoUe1oiA5vkKljAxsNwAvgA5SWY9lYQra3AaAjMm8P8HAQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Matt Stephens just liked my 'Nominating Alek for a wattage bazooka' tweet. Swoon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

colm18 wrote: »
    Matt Stephens just liked my 'Nominating Alek for a wattage bazooka' tweet. Swoon.

I've gotten about 8/9 likes/retweets including one from GCN.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

so, is the next boardsie hill climb challenge (now renamed the alek nowak invitational) going to be at ticknock?

so, is the next boardsie hill climb challenge (now renamed the alek nowak invitational) going to be at ticknock?

It's a nice climb , but there's too much pedestrian traffic to do a race type challenge imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's more of a TT than a race, i think?

• Advertisement

You can sprint up as much as you want up a 10% hill, even between people / dogs, not much risk there ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Ye mad spoon ye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Haven't been on boards all weekend. Well done Alek. Great achievement. I got tired thinking about doing one ascent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Whens the after partay..... :D
    A few cans up at the aerials in Ticknock possibly??

A few cans up at the aerials in Ticknock possibly??

Tonight? Tomorrow? I can be there is anyone's coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

My claim to fame is that I once passed Alex on the "hill" beside Omni centre in Santry.

He was on his Pashley. I was on my road bike!!

He was on his Pashley. I was on my road bike!!

These were the times! Actually I remember you musing getting one of this yokes as a pub bike! I guess you never did?

Re: cans, I would rather meet in less hilly area in fairness. Like the canal after 7? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

These were the times! Actually I remember you musing getting one of this yokes as a pub bike! I guess you never did?

got a Gazelle which I hated. Sold it on and now use an old Giant belonging to one of the kids.

Re: cans, I would rather meet in less hilly area in fairness. Like the canal after 7? :D

I can hardly walk today and the pains only starting to come after yesterdays exploits.....
    Oh the views could be as good on ze canals.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Some people are just amazing. Sorry I couldn't get up to shake your hand but I'm sure I'll have a chance at some stage. Funny I've not met you given you were in my shed :pac:

This story made me think of you and maybe next time you'll do it with a fridge freezer on your back

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/waterford-man-climbing-kilimanjaro-forced-to-stop-due-to-altitude-sickness-but-washing-machine-made-it-to-the-summit-798255.html

Haha yes, in your shed and in your house, with your neighbour!

The washing machine story is simply hilarious :D:D

Think this belongs in here.....

dzkTqv.jpg

:D

Congrats to Alek on his WATTAGEBAZOOKA :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q979fcrxbXg#t=18m16s

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

In the middle of the ocean now so will have to watch GCN tomorrow! Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

godtabh wrote: »
    In the middle of the ocean now so will have to watch GCN tomorrow! Fair play

You didn't miss anything it was rescinded :D

They make fun of my genuine innovations, basterds.

:D

did it it make it into hack/bodge though?

• Advertisement

No, they had much, much stronger container, erm, contender

Advertisement