Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

MysticMonk wrote: »
    As scuttering gobsheens who vanished up thier own arses go,this fool is right up there.

Kieron "the wolf" Ducie :rolleyes:

421752.jpg

Now that's really scraping the bottom of the "celebrity" barrel. The fecking head on that guy.He makes Brendan O Connor look like Pierce Brosnan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

darkdubh wrote: »
    Now that's really scraping the bottom of the "celebrity" barrel. The fecking head on that guy.He makes Brendan O Connor look like Pierce Brosnan.

The distaste is obvious on the face of the lady on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

That's a lady?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I could be very wrong here but i think that might have been his wife/girlfriend at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

the carter twins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

charkee wrote: »
    the carter twins

The Carters the unstoppable sex machines?

I could be very wrong here but i think that might have been his wife/girlfriend at the time.

Ann Corcoran?

The one who may or may not have helped him forensically clean his house after Katy French died there?

Ann Corcoran?

The one who may or may not have helped him forensically clean his house after Katy French died there?

like i said i could be very wrong but that face definitely rings a bell.

like i said i could be very wrong but that face definitely rings a bell.

It could be used to ring a bell alright..or knock a nail in :)

It could be used to ring a bell alright..or knock a nail in :)

same person?

Kieron-Ducie-and-Ann-Corcoran-e13612803533731.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

As scuttering gobsheens who vanished up thier own arses go,this fool is right up there.

Kieron "the wolf" Ducie :rolleyes:

421752.jpg

I just bet he gave himself that nickname. There's nothing remotely lupine about that ape. And what the hell is that thing to the left of him?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK folks, it's one thing discussing these people, whoever they are, but would you mind toning down the personal abuse, particularly with regard to their physical appearance, a bit please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭George White

Yeah, she's quite attractive. In a statuesque Amazonian way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I just bet he gave himself that nickname. There's nothing remotely lupine about that ape. And what the hell is that thing to the left of him?

Didn't podge and Rodge publicly decline his offer to appear on their show?

Didn't podge and Rodge publicly decline his offer to appear on their show?

He actually asked to be on the show? I only heard of him through the Katy French thing. It's not like he's a celebrity in any sense of the word, I wouldn't even class him as a Z- lister.

He only came to my light as a suspect. He's not famous. He just wanted to be.

Anyone remember Toni the Exotic dancer?

422048.jpg

Yes, she's been mentioned at least three times, and I don't see anything exotic about her.

Yes, she's been mentioned at least three times, and I don't see anything exotic about her.

in the 1980's in dublin that was as exotic as it got.

The uncool Pat O'Mahoney.

Famously described by Dustin The Turkey as "A big-nosed eejit"

422065.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

422065.jpg

Ah lads stop... Some people have remarked I'm the spit of old pat O'Mahony... Not the young Pat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

What about all the Bosco presenters...Marian and her dungarees, Philip, Gertie I think was one as well! They were big celebs to me as a kid anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

laylag wrote: »
    What about all the Black presenters...Marian and her dungarees, Philip, Gertie I think was one as well! They were big celebs to me as a kid anyways!

Philip passed away from AIDS many years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Erik Shin wrote:

Oh really? That's awful. I loved him as a child!

Erik Shin wrote: »

I've often wondered is that an urban myth? I first heard it in the mid 90's but the details of what happened to him are always vague. No one knows when he died or even if he is certainly dead. I've never come across anything official online, it's always online discussions about Bosco that it comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

darkdubh wrote: »
    I've often wondered is that an urban myth? I first heard it in the mid 90's but the details of what happened to him are always vague. No one knows when he died or even if he is certainly dead. I've never come across anything official online, it's always online discussions about Bosco that it comes up.

A Hot Press article from 2007 refers to him as "the late Philip Tyler" but no mention of when/how he died

http://www.hotpress.com/archive/2931306.html

Arbie wrote: »
    A Hot Press article from 2007 refers to him as "the late Philip Tyler" but no mention of when/how he died

http://www.hotpress.com/archive/2931306.html

He was a face on the party scene back in the day..i believe he was openly gay and fond of the auld pharmaceuticals,but then who wasnt in those circles.

No idea how he died exactly but he was rumoured to be suffering from either MS or HIV,depending on who you spoke to. A pity just the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

422065.jpg

I think he does a good bit of radio work nowadays. I've certainly heard him credited on the Doc on One on Radio One.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

laylag wrote: »
    What about all the Bosco presenters...Marian and her dungarees, Philip, Gertie I think was one as well! They were big celebs to me as a kid anyways!

yes unfortunately phillip did die in the late 1980s/early 1990s i think. Marian is on RTE radio 1 on saturdays with Playback. Frank Twomey occasionally turns up on Joe Duffy's Liveline "Funny Friday" as "Mary O'Rourke". As for the other, I don't really know.

You're right about Gertie. I remember her too!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Look at this "article " from the Ghastly Independent from 1999...Sycophantic,fawning,badly-written drivel.

Rags like this were actually encouraging the rise of people with no talent to become famous for the sake of it. Sickening.

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/an-irish-boy-has-finally-figured-it-out-26258317.html

<snip>
    How many million do they still owe the revenue?

The funny thing is: That article was "written" (may have been Terry Keane-style written, being the Indo) by Gayle Killilea, another pretty serious "victim" of the Celtic Tiger!

Advertisement