Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me understand the 24/7 Heart Attack care report

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Think this needs a bump. Paudie Coffey gave a good speech in Seanad while the minister of health was in attendance.

He also highlighted that he knows of at least one other case of a person dying on route to cork. He said that somebody had died in clonmel and that he was trying to get to the bottom of why they were in Clonmel. I'm assuming family want some level of privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

whats the story with the planned protest on tuesday? thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    whats the story with the planned protest on tuesday? thank you

a...

Protest Planned

Thousands Expected to Walk on Dáil Over Cath Lab Failure
    The South East Patient Advocacy Group have responded to a call from the family of the late Thomas Power, who passed away on 18th June to organise a protest for Tuesday, 4th July at 1.00 p.m. outside Dail Eireann.

Thomas passed away while being transferred to Cork after suffering from a heart attack on a Sunday morning. The cath lab at Waterford
    University Hospital was closed at the time as it only operates between the hours of 915pm Monday-Friday.

SEPAG is calling upon the people from across the entire South East region to come to Dublin next Tuesday 4th July and converge outside the Dáil at 1pm.

Speaking after the announcement Hilary O’Neill of SEPAG said “Our protest at the Dáil for the 4th July will once again seek to highlight that patients’ lives are at risk and that we will not tolerate any more unnecessary loss of life. How many more people are going to be allowed to die before this Government will grant us equal 24/7 cardiac services in the South East.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

surely a case can be raised for a legal action in regards to gross negligence against the actual minister...

his actions by not providing the correct environment and services despite being told he was putting peoples lives in danger is imho death by gross negligence and should be held accountable....

danjo-xx wrote: »
    a...

is there a bus running from waterford for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

There is.... I saw something about it being organised by Unite so maybe check them online/Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Wanderer78 wrote:

There is. If you have facebook, contact the South East Patient Advocacy Group who are organising the march.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Any media coverage of march, bit early maybe.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Max Powers wrote: »
    Any media coverage of march, bit early maybe.

News and Star FB page will have live videos up

Decent coverage on rte news of march.

• Advertisement

was very impressed with the turn out, incredible respect for the family of thomas power

was very impressed with the turn out, incredible respect for the family of thomas power

Yep, get the sense from what i heard that a lot of people who went had heart issues themselves or a loved one did, just from what i read on online newspapers and heard couple people who took day off work to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Which news? I watched the 6pm and 9pm news and it got about as much attention as the thread I started on the Kilkenny board about this issue.
    That's no attention for anyone wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Deiseen wrote: »
    Which news? I watched the 6pm and 9pm news and it got about as much attention as the thread I started on the Kilkenny board about this issue.
    That's no attention for anyone wondering.

I thought it got reasonable coverage for a small demonstration.

I thought it got reasonable coverage for a small demonstration.

Was it longer segment on 6 news....could be losing it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Was it longer segment on 6 news....could be losing it

The noticeable difference in one news segment was the mention of The South East as well as Waterford.
    That was a notable absence in the earlier bulletin I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Apparently not one minister addressed the crowd or came out to talk to any of them, that's some disgrace to the family of the man who died, but I'm not one bit surprised. If that were someone in Leos constituency who died waiting for heart care, the 24/7 would be signed off straight away. I wonder is Halligan going to resign now as he said he would or is he too fond of the cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Apparently not one minister addressed the crowd or came out to talk to any of them, that's some disgrace to the family of the man who died, but I'm not one bit surprised. If that were someone in Leos constituency who died waiting for heart care, the 24/7 would be signed off straight away. I wonder is Halligan going to resign now as he said he would or is he too fond of the cash?

Halligan got his ministership and is supporting the government on the basis of having this issue sorted after the last election.
    Resignation will be the least of his problems when he next has to canvass at doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

Halligan got his ministership and is supporting the government on the basis of having this issue sorted after the last election.
    Resignation will be the least of his problems when he next has to canvass at doors.
    We are blessed with gombeen polloticians here in the southeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Picky owner

Crews currently transporting a critical cardiac patient from University Hospital #Waterford to @CUH_Cork for treatment. @AmbulanceNAS

Just saw this on Twitter,hope we don't have another victim due to this government.

Coast guard helicopter 117 involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

This just makes me so angry, another disgrace on this government, I hope karma will come back to bite Harris & vadrakar.
    I hope the patient makes it okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Should be down to Castlemartyr now, hope the traffic isn't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just a note to say don't have a heart attack as the facility is closed for repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I was just reading about that. No emergency care for 2 days. It's supposed to be back this morning.

Just a note to say don't have a heart attack as the facility is closed for repairs.

JohnC. wrote:
    I was just reading about that. No emergency care for 2 days. It's supposed to be back this morning.

Wouldn't worry about it too much folks, fg are on the case, it 'll be solved in no time! Maybe they can create the equivalent of the 'family hub' for our hospitals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/waterford-s-mobile-catheterisation-lab-to-close-1.3342252

More good news for the Waterford City!
    Halligan and Butler hang your heads in shame!

The people who voted for these idiots do likewise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/waterford-s-mobile-catheterisation-lab-to-close-1.3342252

wow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

More good news for the Waterford City! Halligan and Butler hang your heads in shame!

Who do you think has done better work in relation to cardiac services for the south east? I'm not sure butler has done anything to be honest, but as far as I can see halligan has been a stumbling block to the government curtailing services in the south east. None of the other politicians in the region are too vocal about the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if he's slowing down our move to cork for cardiac services.

I voted for halligan, and I've no reason to hang my head in shame. Our health care and housing issues are unresolvable at the present time, possible even for the medium term, it doesn't particularly matter who you vote as we 're stuck with these failing systems and ideologies for the foreseeable future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

FG voters hold your heads up high?

Advertisement