Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Golf Club 2

• 26-06-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm not big into golf but this looks really good. Out this week for 40 quid, looks to have a good few features like Career mode, build a clubhouse/society, challenge online and create courses. The course creator looks crazy the amount of stuff you can do. I was tempted to get the first 1 but lack of career mode put me off. I was gonna get Everybody's Golf but tempted to get this instead.

Anyone else picking it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

You could pretty much do all that in the first game and it did have a career mode. It wasn't very good but it was there. I found the game too similar to Tiger Woods with little differences like how much the wind made the ball move and not being able to spin your ball after you hit it, which you can turn off in TW anyway.

I'll probably pick it up for around €20 when it's on a sale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was tempted to pick up a golf game recently, so i might wait for this. Looks pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭az1234

I have the game pre-ordered on PS4. I played the first one to death after getting it for €25 about 2/3 years ago!

If you do get the game have a look at TGC Tours. It's a site where they weekly competitions in TGC and it's more enjoyable playing against real people rather than the AI. It's the main reason I've kept playing for so long, even though I'm still not great! I don't have shares in TGC Tours or anything btw, it's just a well run site that has made up for the poor career mode in the first game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I have it pre-ordered too.. rubbish at it though. Have it ordered on ps4..

My Gamer tag is.... BAZ171075

Could be good to get a boards society going..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Haven't played any non everybodys golf game since EG World Tour. Just can't see me getting into this. Playing the last EG recently and aced a par four with a super top spin spiral in an online match. Just can't get that giddy about golf sims anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Have it ordered on PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How's licensing on this? Courses/Players/Brands etc. . .

Would like a change from McIlroy PGA tour to freshen things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Been playing the Rory Mclroy game with the brothers and old man every Thursday, good craic, would either Golf Club 1 or 2 be better than that or would it be lesser in quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Devs playing the game and showing it off. I'll be looking for user reviews as it's out now in the US and will be out in Europe on Friday so will give me a few days to checkout feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I really like sitting down with a cup of tea and a hob nob beer and playing golf games very relaxing. I have Rory McIlroys PGA tour but no one to really play it with....

I think you can pick it up for very little now McIlroys PGA might be better then this but I deffo keep an eye on it. But from the videos above the animation is no where near the quality of McIlroys PGA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

reviews so far seem very positive, have rory mcilroy which I rarely play but might give this a shot

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I really like sitting down with a cup of tea and a hob nob beer and playing golf games very relaxing. I have Rory McIlroys PGA tour but no one to really play it with....

I think you can pick it up for very little now McIlroys PGA might be better then this but I deffo keep an eye on it. But from the videos above the animation is no where near the quality of McIlroys PGA.

The gameplay in TGC was way ahead of Rory McIlroy though so hopefully TGC2 will be even better again!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

That's what we do, play it while having a few drinks once a week, good craic.

Looks like I'll try this out so.

The career mode looks really good, create an offline society with fake members that you can rename and change their nationality to give it a more familiar/local feel. Then take part in tourneys, get money to upgrade clothes, clubs and club house, rank up your society and take over the courses (Society emblem on flags, around the course, etc.

The online Society looks class as well. Say someone makes a Boards society, they can set tournaments from 1 Round up to last anywhere from 1 to 7 days. Set how much it will be to enter and determine what percentage of the purse wll go towards tourney payout. The rest will go to society back account to upgrade the clubhouse and lovel up the society. Could get a nice relazing community setup for this, would be a nice change from people screaming on mics that they're gonna kill me and F my mum.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The career mode looks really good, create an offline society with fake members that you can rename and change their nationality to give it a more familiar/local feel. Then take part in tourneys, get money to upgrade clothes, clubs and club house, rank up your society and take over the courses (Society emblem on flags, around the course, etc.

The online Society looks class as well. Say someone makes a Boards society, they can set tournaments from 1 Round up to last anywhere from 1 to 7 days. Set how much it will be to enter and determine what percentage of the purse wll go towards tourney payout. The rest will go to society back account to upgrade the clubhouse and lovel up the society. Could get a nice relazing community setup for this, would be a nice change from people screaming on mics that they're gonna kill me and F my mum.

Good shout... I'd be up for something like that so I'll keep my eyes open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Could get a nice relazing community setup for this, would be a nice change from people screaming on mics that they're gonna kill me and F my mum.

Back around 2009 in Hot Shots World Tour there used to be this guy who'd run around the lobby / join games and generally abuse everyone there. Was on Everybody's Golf 6 last month and he was still there. That's some dedication. He was S*** at the game.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Back around 2009 in Hot Shots World Tour there used to be this guy who'd run around the lobby / join games and generally abuse everyone there. Was on Everybody's Golf 6 last month and he was still there. That's some dedication. He was S*** at the game.

I love Everybody's Golf but I played the new beta recently and it felts a bit too chaotic with characters running around the course while I'm trying to take shots and then pop ups asking me to go fishing. The single player might be a better way to go in that but it kinda put me off a bit. I would only get one, EG or this so still deciding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He sounds way too American for his own good. Is this out already? Seen someone on my friend list playing. I'd be up for a boards society.

Just bought it there (PC), and installing now.

• Advertisement

I'll wait for the PS4 version. First Golf Club had serious resolution annoyances that they never fixed.

Gamestop posted mine yesterday so i should be on tonight.

I would be up for joining an online society. Do we know what the max numbers for joining are ?

Only managed to play a few holes, but it seems pretty good so far. Wasn't able to start a career mode, as i couldn't go online, but got some practise and did the front 9 on a random course. Pretty easy to get decent drives and iron shots, but putting is tough. Going to change to the Player clubs, as apparently that will give me more distance, but is less forgiving.

Playing with the Steam controller, and using the gyro for swinging. Enjoying it so far.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Gamestop posted mine yesterday so i should be on tonight.

I would be up for joining an online society. Do we know what the max numbers for joining are ?

The guy in the stream above had 69 in his group within the 1st few days. I'm not sure of the max number but looks fairly high anyway.

I see Argos UK will be selling it for 30 pounds and includes day 1 bonuses. I think I'll pick it up from Argos in the morning if they have it. Also looks like Gamestop selling it for 40 euro as well. Think I'd prefer a physical copy of this instead of digital.

Probably is 100 so.

Id safely say we wont be reaching the limit.

I'll (or someone else) will setup a PC society later tonight if anyone is interested in joining. I'm assuming the societies aren't cross platform?

Keep hearing about Online issues across all platforms. People haven't being able to start an offline career because of it, just take practice shots. Last game I got was Friday 13th which still has server issues. I know these aren't AAA games but I'd like to be able to actually play it if I buy it day 1.

Definitely wasn't working for me last night anyway. I could create my golfer, but not start the career mode. Hoping it's fixed later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll (or someone else) will setup a PC society later tonight if anyone is interested in joining. I'm assuming the societies aren't cross platform?

Tempted to pick it up on PC. I see the first game can be got very cheap - 5euro at the moment.

• Advertisement

Just like real life, a few bad holes really screw me over in this. Find the putting is very hit and miss, with the same put going 15 feet past the hole as one that was 15 feet too short. I'll figure it out eventually though.

I'm ready.

Add me for ps4 : hoorhouse

So you buy the game and then you can't play it because it can't connect to servers. You can't even play a round, absolute dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Downloaded for ps4 this morning looking forward to trying it out over the weekend

So you buy the game and then you can't play it because it can't connect to servers. You can't even play a round, absolute dirt.

Did you have any luck at all? Might hold off until the servers are actually working but would like to pick up Day 1 edition before the sell out either in Argos or GS.

Kiith, people on other forums reporting the same thing, not sure if it's user input, joypad issues or server problems affecting it.

No issues with the servers last night, and i was able to start the career mode. You can also play regular rounds regardless of if you are online or not. You just can't do career mode unless you're online.

As for putting, i figure i'll eventually figure it out. As it is, i'd rather be off the side of the green, as i've chipped in a few times now :)

• Advertisement

No issues with the servers last night, and i was able to start the career mode. You can also play regular rounds regardless of if you are online or not. You just can't do career mode unless you're online.

As for putting, i figure i'll eventually figure it out. As it is, i'd rather be off the side of the green, as i've chipped in a few times now :)

I only played a couple of rounds last night on Tour and actually found the putting easy enough, it's the drives that have been killing me so far! Massive slices and hooks on every hole!

Downloading on Steam at the moment. Used to really enjoy golf games years ago and just recently started getting back into the real thing.

I'm using the Steam controller, with the gyro for swinging, and that's actually really good so far. Need to change from the beginner clubs, as i don't get much distance, but most of my drives are dead straight. Chipping or pitching at half strength can be tough to judge though.

It took about half an hour to get one round going. Connection issues. It was definitely connecting to something then crashing out in single round mode. It's a thousand times better looking than the first game on ps4. Screen tearing is gone completely which is great.

It's tougher than last time, so will take some practice.

They also spelled practice wrong on the main menu.

EDIT: Nope, Ive been spelling it wrong all my life

Amazing.

Oh, and one thing that drives me mad...the commentator say hole wrong. I know that sounds kind of crazy, but you'll know what i mean once you've played it a fair bit. Drives me mad :P

• Advertisement

EDIT: Nope, Ive been spelling it wrong all my life

Amazing.

How have you been spelling it? :pac:

I'm using the Steam controller, with the gyro for swinging, and that's actually really good so far. Need to change from the beginner clubs, as i don't get much distance, but most of my drives are dead straight. Chipping or pitching at half strength can be tough to judge though.

Switch to game pad. Seems a lot easier that keyboard and mouse. Wonder how to plays on steam link...

How have you been spelling it? :pac:

Practice, but apparently it's proper way is practise.

Practice, but apparently it's proper way is practise.

Ah that's the American way.

Quick try before I get back to work. First four holes.

1st - Par on Par 4
    2nd - Eagle on Par 5
    3rd - Double bogie on Par 4
    4th - Bogie on Par 3.

Cant get my controller to move curser left / right to adjust for wind.

Looking forward to getting into this over the weekend.

sumsar wrote: »
    Ah that's the American way.

I never knew the yanks spelled it Practise, they're some eejits all the same.

I went and got a physical copy on PS4. Feel free to add me sheehy83. Gimme a shout if anyone sets up a Boards society. I know nothing about Golf but I love Happy Gilmore.

I went and got a physical copy on PS4. Feel free to add me sheehy83. Gimme a shout if anyone sets up a Boards society. I know nothing about Golf but I love Happy Gilmore.

haha brilliant!

To be honest, I know nothing about golf either, but every Thursday me, my brothers and dad all play the Rory McIlroy golf game with a few beers, bitta craic.

So I'm most likely gonna buy this soon, if I do I'll definitely add you as I play PS4 too.

Not sure the online is working yet for societies. Had a round of career there and love the improvements. Looks so good and the sounds of the club hitting the ball is very satisfying.

I'll try and set something up today and leave the details here.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

I bought the first one on ps4 when it came out and I absolutely hated it used to love the old tiger Woods games.wasn't too mad on Rory mcelroy ..I found the golf club a bit kinda hipster or something ? That just me ?

I set one up, just look for Boards.ie and join it.

There's a tournament for us to play too and I donated all my own money for the prize fund.

• Advertisement
Advertisement