Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm ready.

Add me for ps4 : hoorhouse

So you buy the game and then you can't play it because it can't connect to servers. You can't even play a round, absolute dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Downloaded for ps4 this morning looking forward to trying it out over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So you buy the game and then you can't play it because it can't connect to servers. You can't even play a round, absolute dirt.

Did you have any luck at all? Might hold off until the servers are actually working but would like to pick up Day 1 edition before the sell out either in Argos or GS.

Kiith, people on other forums reporting the same thing, not sure if it's user input, joypad issues or server problems affecting it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No issues with the servers last night, and i was able to start the career mode. You can also play regular rounds regardless of if you are online or not. You just can't do career mode unless you're online.

As for putting, i figure i'll eventually figure it out. As it is, i'd rather be off the side of the green, as i've chipped in a few times now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Kiith wrote: »
    No issues with the servers last night, and i was able to start the career mode. You can also play regular rounds regardless of if you are online or not. You just can't do career mode unless you're online.

As for putting, i figure i'll eventually figure it out. As it is, i'd rather be off the side of the green, as i've chipped in a few times now :)

I only played a couple of rounds last night on Tour and actually found the putting easy enough, it's the drives that have been killing me so far! Massive slices and hooks on every hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

Downloading on Steam at the moment. Used to really enjoy golf games years ago and just recently started getting back into the real thing.

I'm using the Steam controller, with the gyro for swinging, and that's actually really good so far. Need to change from the beginner clubs, as i don't get much distance, but most of my drives are dead straight. Chipping or pitching at half strength can be tough to judge though.

It took about half an hour to get one round going. Connection issues. It was definitely connecting to something then crashing out in single round mode. It's a thousand times better looking than the first game on ps4. Screen tearing is gone completely which is great.

It's tougher than last time, so will take some practice.

They also spelled practice wrong on the main menu.

EDIT: Nope, Ive been spelling it wrong all my life

Amazing.

Oh, and one thing that drives me mad...the commentator say hole wrong. I know that sounds kind of crazy, but you'll know what i mean once you've played it a fair bit. Drives me mad :P

• Advertisement

EDIT: Nope, Ive been spelling it wrong all my life

Amazing.

How have you been spelling it? :pac:

I'm using the Steam controller, with the gyro for swinging, and that's actually really good so far. Need to change from the beginner clubs, as i don't get much distance, but most of my drives are dead straight. Chipping or pitching at half strength can be tough to judge though.

Switch to game pad. Seems a lot easier that keyboard and mouse. Wonder how to plays on steam link...

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    How have you been spelling it? :pac:

Practice, but apparently it's proper way is practise.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Practice, but apparently it's proper way is practise.

Ah that's the American way.

Quick try before I get back to work. First four holes.

1st - Par on Par 4
    2nd - Eagle on Par 5
    3rd - Double bogie on Par 4
    4th - Bogie on Par 3.

Cant get my controller to move curser left / right to adjust for wind.

Looking forward to getting into this over the weekend.

sumsar wrote: »
    Ah that's the American way.

I never knew the yanks spelled it Practise, they're some eejits all the same.

I went and got a physical copy on PS4. Feel free to add me sheehy83. Gimme a shout if anyone sets up a Boards society. I know nothing about Golf but I love Happy Gilmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I went and got a physical copy on PS4. Feel free to add me sheehy83. Gimme a shout if anyone sets up a Boards society. I know nothing about Golf but I love Happy Gilmore.

haha brilliant!

To be honest, I know nothing about golf either, but every Thursday me, my brothers and dad all play the Rory McIlroy golf game with a few beers, bitta craic.

So I'm most likely gonna buy this soon, if I do I'll definitely add you as I play PS4 too.

Not sure the online is working yet for societies. Had a round of career there and love the improvements. Looks so good and the sounds of the club hitting the ball is very satisfying.

I'll try and set something up today and leave the details here.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

I bought the first one on ps4 when it came out and I absolutely hated it used to love the old tiger Woods games.wasn't too mad on Rory mcelroy ..I found the golf club a bit kinda hipster or something ? That just me ?

I set one up, just look for Boards.ie and join it.

There's a tournament for us to play too and I donated all my own money for the prize fund.

• Advertisement

There's a tournament for us to play too and I donated all my own money for the prize fund.

Sound man, the last golf game I played was Everybody's Golf and I never played The Golf Club 1, needless to say my score will be shocking but looking forward to giving it a go.

I don't know if it's even saved, the servers are completely gimped. Can't get into the club anymore like it's not there.

The Societies aren't cross platform, are they?

I don't know about that.

Club is saved ok, the only thing that didn't save was the name of the tournament.

I'm SEVEN over after two holes. Disaster.

That would be class, wouldn't even have to have the cross platform play but if they could just collect our scores and put them towards a single Society toruney would be excellent.

Anybody else having problems with the right stick on gamepad on PC. have two game gads and its the same on both of them... the right stick does not work in game. I can either swing with the left stick or aim with the left stick depending on whether the "Left Stick Swing" option is on or off. I see some people have the same issues on steam discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

servers are abit hit and miss at the moment... trying to get into the societies and it does nothing.....

Glebee wrote: »
    Anybody else having problems with the right stick on gamepad on PC. have two game gads and its the same on both of them... the right stick does not work in game. I can either swing with the left stick or aim with the left stick depending on whether the "Left Stick Swing" option is on or off. I see some people have the same issues on steam discussions.

I had some issues after having to alt tab, where neither sticks would work. There's an option in the pause menu to select a controller, and after selecting mine it worked again. Might not be related, and i can't remember the exact options i picked, but worth a shot.

I'll confirm how i did it when i get home later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Are you on PS4 Jericho?

By any chance did you get a code for the premium clubhouse.

Do we even know what the premium clubhouse does?

Ill be on in around a half an hour if anyone wants to add me or whatever.

• Advertisement

yes I'm hoorhouse on PS4. No premium club, we'll have to build it up by being WINNERS

Advertisement