Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Joined the PC Group. Should be fun. went to the driving range with the Tour clubs, and if you are not near perfect, you are in trouble.

Played the 1st rd of the inaugural comp with standard clubs and the 2nd round with player clubs. Wind effects the ball more as does swing tempo. kept slicing the ball.

And after finishing the comp my handicap increased. now sits at 6.6 whats is yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished up +24, kinda happy with that as got a few birdies, pars and bogies. Some atrocious holes still where the green killed me but starting to get the hang of it. Also, yeah, totally meant this on the 17th

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/881298102984036352

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Played a few rounds the putting is anightmare but I reckon we have a good game on our hands

Finished a round in career mode, much much easier. Started on an 'easiest' course and all holes were straightforward fairways and flat greens. Was -2 heading to the 17th but rushed the last 2 going +2. Those courses will give some very close leaderboards between us.

Read about the brilliant hidden trophy/cheevo 'You have selected "No"' and had to try it. Go to putting in training, aim at the car park, select 3W and hit a car :pac:

Trophy popped but not sure why it didn't show in the video.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Read about the brilliant hidden trophy/cheevo 'You have selected "No"' and had to try it. Go to putting in training, aim at the car park, select 3W and hit a car :pac:

Trophy popped but not sure why it didn't show in the video.

Nice one. Lee Carvallo's putting challenge right?

Nice one. Lee Carvallo's putting challenge right?

Yupp, the description of the trophy is 'Show Lee how it's done' :D

Looking forward to the Roger Moore Memorial tourney tomorrow. 500 quid entry means there should be a nice bit on the line! Jericho, how long will that one be up for?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Joined the boards society on ps4, user is Wolfe__Tone. I'm ****e Btw!

Anyone know how to adjust the screen? Can't seem to find it in the options section and it's cutting some of the edges off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Full Marx wrote:
    Anyone know how to adjust the screen? Can't seem to find it in the options section and it's cutting some of the edges off

Had the same issue. Can change it in settings under HUD

Yeah had the same issue as well, definitely in the settings somewhere to shrink the HUD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I like those bright green shorts you are wearing Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Getting the hang of it a little bit. Big thing will be learning how much power you need with the putter I reckon. Long game fairly handy to get used to. Chipping around green and putting another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

Just downloaded it there. Froze on me because of server issues trying to get a game and then froze on me 3 holes in to an offline game. Not a good start really.

Wow the greens are absolute murder on the course ye picked for the boards society on ps4

Yeah had the same issue as well, definitely in the settings somewhere to shrink the HUD.

For anyone else looking for this it is listed as hud offset.

Hit a plus 34

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

Got a few rounds in there and everything is running smoothly. It's enjoyable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just downloaded it on ps4, I'll join the group too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭Glebee

Its worse im getting on PC:(
    Started out on gamepad, switched to keyboard and mouse. now back to gamepad.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the Roger Moore Memorial tourney tomorrow. 500 quid entry means there should be a nice bit on the line! Jericho, how long will that one be up for?

1 day only. Any suggestions for the rest of the week I'll sort them.

That putting glitch cost some birdies today, it's really frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

I have never in my life played a game that has annoyed me so much

Don't think I can hack it anymore. Might have to trade it in.

dan185 wrote: »

I find the putting super frustrating but it's very satisfying when you get it right!

I played some random rounds and the best scores on some courses are ridiculous, like - 25 and better

dan185 wrote: »

Stick with it. Play the easy courses and you'll get a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Is there an XBOX boards society set up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

The putting glitch is fairly enoying.

I turned off all graphics options and it still happens.

What exactly is the glitch? I haven't noticed any but I'm so terrible I blamed my performance on myself but if there's a glitch to blame id feel better!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Full Marx wrote: »
    What exactly is the glitch? I haven't noticed any but I'm so terrible I blamed my performance on myself but if there's a glitch to blame id feel better!

Sometimes when you pull back on the putter, rather than moving away in a smooth way it jumps back, making your backswing much longer than intended. If you then follow through you end up walloping the ball way past the hole!

Has happened me a few times so now if I see itI just stop the backswing and start again!

On hole 14 of the Roger Moore cup, +10. Completely underestimated some of the holes and made balls of them. Something kind +4 on the 3rd green, I punched the **** out of my couch. Will calm down and finish the last 5 later so if I can pull it back a bit. Some great scores at the moment of -2 and -1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Missed a putt on the 18th to tie for first in the Roger Moore memorial, was only 4 foot and it lipped out.

Really enjoying the game, but the putting is tough.

Advertisement