Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club 2

Options
  • 26-06-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not big into golf but this looks really good. Out this week for 40 quid, looks to have a good few features like Career mode, build a clubhouse/society, challenge online and create courses. The course creator looks crazy the amount of stuff you can do. I was tempted to get the first 1 but lack of career mode put me off. I was gonna get Everybody's Golf but tempted to get this instead.

Anyone else picking it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

You could pretty much do all that in the first game and it did have a career mode. It wasn't very good but it was there. I found the game too similar to Tiger Woods with little differences like how much the wind made the ball move and not being able to spin your ball after you hit it, which you can turn off in TW anyway.

I'll probably pick it up for around €20 when it's on a sale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was tempted to pick up a golf game recently, so i might wait for this. Looks pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

I have the game pre-ordered on PS4. I played the first one to death after getting it for €25 about 2/3 years ago!

If you do get the game have a look at TGC Tours. It's a site where they weekly competitions in TGC and it's more enjoyable playing against real people rather than the AI. It's the main reason I've kept playing for so long, even though I'm still not great! I don't have shares in TGC Tours or anything btw, it's just a well run site that has made up for the poor career mode in the first game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I have it pre-ordered too.. rubbish at it though. Have it ordered on ps4..

My Gamer tag is.... BAZ171075

Could be good to get a boards society going..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Haven't played any non everybodys golf game since EG World Tour. Just can't see me getting into this. Playing the last EG recently and aced a par four with a super top spin spiral in an online match. Just can't get that giddy about golf sims anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Have it ordered on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How's licensing on this? Courses/Players/Brands etc. . .

Would like a change from McIlroy PGA tour to freshen things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Been playing the Rory Mclroy game with the brothers and old man every Thursday, good craic, would either Golf Club 1 or 2 be better than that or would it be lesser in quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Devs playing the game and showing it off. I'll be looking for user reviews as it's out now in the US and will be out in Europe on Friday so will give me a few days to checkout feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I really like sitting down with a cup of tea and a hob nob beer and playing golf games very relaxing. I have Rory McIlroys PGA tour but no one to really play it with....

I think you can pick it up for very little now McIlroys PGA might be better then this but I deffo keep an eye on it. But from the videos above the animation is no where near the quality of McIlroys PGA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

reviews so far seem very positive, have rory mcilroy which I rarely play but might give this a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I really like sitting down with a cup of tea and a hob nob beer and playing golf games very relaxing. I have Rory McIlroys PGA tour but no one to really play it with....

I think you can pick it up for very little now McIlroys PGA might be better then this but I deffo keep an eye on it. But from the videos above the animation is no where near the quality of McIlroys PGA.

The gameplay in TGC was way ahead of Rory McIlroy though so hopefully TGC2 will be even better again!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

That's what we do, play it while having a few drinks once a week, good craic.

Looks like I'll try this out so.

The career mode looks really good, create an offline society with fake members that you can rename and change their nationality to give it a more familiar/local feel. Then take part in tourneys, get money to upgrade clothes, clubs and club house, rank up your society and take over the courses (Society emblem on flags, around the course, etc.

The online Society looks class as well. Say someone makes a Boards society, they can set tournaments from 1 Round up to last anywhere from 1 to 7 days. Set how much it will be to enter and determine what percentage of the purse wll go towards tourney payout. The rest will go to society back account to upgrade the clubhouse and lovel up the society. Could get a nice relazing community setup for this, would be a nice change from people screaming on mics that they're gonna kill me and F my mum.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The career mode looks really good, create an offline society with fake members that you can rename and change their nationality to give it a more familiar/local feel. Then take part in tourneys, get money to upgrade clothes, clubs and club house, rank up your society and take over the courses (Society emblem on flags, around the course, etc.

The online Society looks class as well. Say someone makes a Boards society, they can set tournaments from 1 Round up to last anywhere from 1 to 7 days. Set how much it will be to enter and determine what percentage of the purse wll go towards tourney payout. The rest will go to society back account to upgrade the clubhouse and lovel up the society. Could get a nice relazing community setup for this, would be a nice change from people screaming on mics that they're gonna kill me and F my mum.

Good shout... I'd be up for something like that so I'll keep my eyes open.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Could get a nice relazing community setup for this, would be a nice change from people screaming on mics that they're gonna kill me and F my mum.

Back around 2009 in Hot Shots World Tour there used to be this guy who'd run around the lobby / join games and generally abuse everyone there. Was on Everybody's Golf 6 last month and he was still there. That's some dedication. He was S*** at the game.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Back around 2009 in Hot Shots World Tour there used to be this guy who'd run around the lobby / join games and generally abuse everyone there. Was on Everybody's Golf 6 last month and he was still there. That's some dedication. He was S*** at the game.

I love Everybody's Golf but I played the new beta recently and it felts a bit too chaotic with characters running around the course while I'm trying to take shots and then pop ups asking me to go fishing. The single player might be a better way to go in that but it kinda put me off a bit. I would only get one, EG or this so still deciding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He sounds way too American for his own good. Is this out already? Seen someone on my friend list playing. I'd be up for a boards society.

Just bought it there (PC), and installing now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'll wait for the PS4 version. First Golf Club had serious resolution annoyances that they never fixed.

Gamestop posted mine yesterday so i should be on tonight.

I would be up for joining an online society. Do we know what the max numbers for joining are ?

Only managed to play a few holes, but it seems pretty good so far. Wasn't able to start a career mode, as i couldn't go online, but got some practise and did the front 9 on a random course. Pretty easy to get decent drives and iron shots, but putting is tough. Going to change to the Player clubs, as apparently that will give me more distance, but is less forgiving.

Playing with the Steam controller, and using the gyro for swinging. Enjoying it so far.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Gamestop posted mine yesterday so i should be on tonight.

I would be up for joining an online society. Do we know what the max numbers for joining are ?

The guy in the stream above had 69 in his group within the 1st few days. I'm not sure of the max number but looks fairly high anyway.

I see Argos UK will be selling it for 30 pounds and includes day 1 bonuses. I think I'll pick it up from Argos in the morning if they have it. Also looks like Gamestop selling it for 40 euro as well. Think I'd prefer a physical copy of this instead of digital.

Probably is 100 so.

Id safely say we wont be reaching the limit.

I'll (or someone else) will setup a PC society later tonight if anyone is interested in joining. I'm assuming the societies aren't cross platform?

Keep hearing about Online issues across all platforms. People haven't being able to start an offline career because of it, just take practice shots. Last game I got was Friday 13th which still has server issues. I know these aren't AAA games but I'd like to be able to actually play it if I buy it day 1.

Definitely wasn't working for me last night anyway. I could create my golfer, but not start the career mode. Hoping it's fixed later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll (or someone else) will setup a PC society later tonight if anyone is interested in joining. I'm assuming the societies aren't cross platform?

Tempted to pick it up on PC. I see the first game can be got very cheap - 5euro at the moment.

• Advertisement

Just like real life, a few bad holes really screw me over in this. Find the putting is very hit and miss, with the same put going 15 feet past the hole as one that was 15 feet too short. I'll figure it out eventually though.

Advertisement