Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 212 Holloway v Aldo Sat 3rd June

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Why?

Every fighter gets beaten by time/the next generation being better than the one before.

He's been overated, 2 elite strikers hes fought hes been absolutely starched, the best ever at beating wrestlers at fw but its clear people have overated him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Paully D wrote: »
    Man, what I would give to see McGregor vs Holloway 2.

I would like to see it. But I still think McGregor wins even easier than their first fight. McGregor is different class than any featherweight (and lightweight!). You see the counter punches Aldo landed on Max?....if that was McGregor Max would be sleeping.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Table of most consecutive wins in the UFC - so impressive by Holloway in that period of time

16_screenshot2017-06-04at05.49.16.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Kirby wrote: »
    This is the thing with max. He is super active, and he has fought everyone put in front of him. I see people jizzing themselves over guys like Khabib.....who have fought cans their entire career, pull out constantly, etc. and I just shake my head. Max should be way more popular than he is. He deserves the hype and I hope this is the start of it for him.

Popularity is related to a fighters personality...a likeable character is Khabib. "What you think about 25 fight win streak?"

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »

Nate Diaz would win every day of the week for me. He is just a huge lightweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭creeper1

They are in different weight classes. That fight won't happen.

creeper1 wrote: »
    They are in different weight classes. That fight won't happen.

How the hell does Max make 145 lbs?? He is near 6 foot is he not? I'd say he is proper scrawny looking in person!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Max v Frankie next, personally think he will murder Edgar when the takedowns fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    Oh don't get me wrong, Aldo is a legend. But he has been the target for Holloway and McGregor from when they first turned pro, earlier for Max even! So they have a standard that they know they have to reach.
    I would like to see it. But I still think McGregor wins even easier than their first fight. McGregor is different class than any featherweight (and lightweight!). You see the counter punches Aldo landed on Max?....if that was McGregor Max would be sleeping.

He seems quite tactical. He wouldn't fight McGregor the same way I imagine. I'd be interested to see it, though it seems unlikely to ever happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I'm easily amused but just saw this comment online:

853 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Holloway had the same problem everyone has against McGregor, he walks them down and they get stuck on the fence. If you're on the fence McGregor will pick you apart.

It's a reason I think he could KO Woodley. He goes back to the fence a lot. He could just spam TDs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Delighted for Maximus! Even though I was rooting for Max, I felt bad for Aldo at the end. Now book Frankie vs Max, preferably in Hawaii please. Cub pushing hard for 1st shot, he can **** right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Found the commentary incredibly unbalanced. Stann and Cruz were just describing everything from Max's point of view, what he was doing well and what he should work on, almost ignoring Aldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,147 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Super game plan by Max, fought so much smarter then I expected not rushing in the early rounds and great execution. Congrats champ!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

He wouldn't have the power for McGregor if they ever fought again, highly unlikely at 145 .......plus he'd be giving up a 5 or 6" reach advantage, too much

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Great, now get Frankie in there asap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Yeap, I didnt see it either,fair fecks to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The punches were landing on his hands though but as per my previous post there is a high risk that his hands miss a punch.

Offensive linemen in American football wear big **** off helmets and they get it most. Cte isn't about big hits, it's repeated blows over and over. A whole **** ton of athletes from contact sports will be diagnosed with it over the next few years. Mma fighters if they start donating their brains will be up there amongst the highest. So for boxers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

so what now for max...he probably beats frankie and then what? aldo still beats the rest of the division quite handy
    that division is pretty much done imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

mailburner wrote: »
    so what now for max...he probably beats frankie and then what? aldo still beats the rest of the division quite handy
    that division is pretty much done imo

Jeremy Stephens?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Great result for WME/IMG in what has been a pretty bad year for them so far. Holloway is far more active, less injury prone, speaks english and hasn't already fought Frankie Edgar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Jeremy Stephens?

always falls short against the top guys, I'd be amazed if he managed to
    get a shot at any stage of his career
    the korean zombie probably one win away from a shot for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

sonofenoch wrote:
    Jeremy Stephens?

Who the f**k is that guy? Sorry couldn't resist

Artem v Holloway headline next years july event I reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Aldo has been broken ever since the Conor fight. Getting destroyed like that so quickly seemed to make him mortal rather than the dominating champ he was.

That's nonsense. He completely dismantled Edgar in the only other fight he's had since and Edgar has shown against both Stephens and Yair that's he's still an absolutely top level fighter.

I can't put my finger on what was up with Aldo last night. Was it just me or did he seem off? I'd say it was the aftermath of the McGregor ko but he looked great against Frankie so it can't be that. Is Max just that good? Was there an exchange that put Aldo into his shell? Usada or IV ban maybe?

https://twitter.com/MJCflipdascript/status/871253884324413440

This is very strange, Max fought orthodox too so plenty chances to throw some leg kicks.

• Advertisement

How draining are leg kicks on cardio I wonder?
    i.e. throwing them

Advertisement