Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 212 Holloway v Aldo Sat 3rd June

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Has anything come out about Aldo being injured? I dont think he threw one leg kick in the fight that I can remember. I would have thought they would have be a game changer in the fight and Aldos best chance at victory, rather than boxing the longer fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Has anything come out about Aldo being injured? I dont think he threw one leg kick in the fight that I can remember. I would have thought they would have be a game changer in the fight and Aldos best chance at victory, rather than boxing the longer fighter.

He hasn't thrown leg kicks in years, 11 in his last 4 fights. Either hurt it or got scared after what happened Anderson Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 39,038 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Has anything come out about Aldo being injured? I dont think he threw one leg kick in the fight that I can remember.
    He threw one shortly after the knee in round 1. Max was circling away from the power side and moved forward to counter when Aldo threw the leg.
    He hasn't thrown leg kicks in years, 11 in his last 4 fights. Either hurt it or got scared after what happened Anderson Silva
    Misleading statistic tbh. 11 in the Holloway fight, a 13 second fight, against the two best wrestlers in the division. You don't want to throw many against wrestlers as it gives up the takedown.

If you skip the 13 second fight with McGregor, he threw 30 kicks in the 3 fight prior to the Holloway fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Mellor wrote:
    Misleading statistic tbh. 11 in the Holloway fight, a 13 second fight, against the two best wrestlers in the division. You don't want to throw many against wrestlers as it gives up the takedown.

Mellor wrote:
    If you skip the 13 second fight with McGregor, he threw 30 kicks in the 3 fight prior to the Holloway fight.

He absolutely chopped Frankie up with leg kicks in the first fight, threw hardly any in the second. He doesn't use them as much as he used to. One of the well known MMA journalists had the stats in Twitter, Can't recall which one

He absolutely chopped Frankie up with leg kicks in the first fight, threw hardly any in the second. He doesn't use them as much as he used to. One of the well known MMA journalists had the stats in Twitter, Can't recall which one
    Those are the stats in my post. I took them from twitter. He group events together randomly, which I found odd. The per fight stats are:

Edgar: 4 (4)
    McGregor: 0 (0)
    Mendes: 6 (7)
    Lamas: 20 (22)
    Zombie: 1 (2) *broke foot rd1*
    Edgar: 9 (10)
    Mendes: 4 (8)
    Florian: 5 (10)
    Hominck: 19 (20)

First number is numbers landed, second is thrown. That paints a much different picture tbh. There's not a huge difference between the first and second Edgar fights. Mostly kicks landed are in single digits.
    Average is 7.5 per fight
    Hominick and Lamas at the outliers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Mellor wrote: »
    Those are the stats in my post. I took them from twitter. He group events together randomly, which I found odd. The per fight stats are:

Edgar: 4 (4)
    McGregor: 0 (0)
    Mendes: 6 (7)
    Lamas: 20 (22)
    Zombie: 1 (2) *broke foot rd1*
    Edgar: 9 (10)
    Mendes: 4 (8)
    Florian: 5 (10)
    Hominck: 19 (20)

First number is numbers landed, second is thrown. That paints a much different picture tbh. There's not a huge difference between the first and second Edgar fights. Mostly kicks landed are in single digits.
    Average is 7.5 per fight
    Hominick and Lamas at the outliers
    Surprised you didnt mention Faber,his leg got absolutely destroyed from Aldo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVC8uKOhJan/?taken-by=blessedmma

Wonder what Dana would say to Jose if he does a Conor and demands a rematch...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BVC8uKOhJan/?taken-by=blessedmma

Wonder what Dana would say to Jose if he does a Conor and demands a rematch...

Jaysus, the polishing of the champion has started. There's no way Holloway is that articulate. Not a single "wut" or "bang" or "bruh" and only one "Hawaii".

All joking aside, very classy stuff from the guy. He's hard not to like.

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Surprised you didnt mention Faber,his leg got absolutely destroyed from Aldo.
    I only went through the UFC fights only. As good a place as any to draw a line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Is aldo just getting too old/slow to compete at this level?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

.ak wrote: »
    Is aldo just getting too old/slow to compete at this level?

Too old?? He's 30

Too old?? He's 30

Christ, really? Just seems to have been around forever.

Well, I suppose he has... but does he have a lot of miles in the clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

29 pro fights

And 100 gym wars in Nova Unaoi.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Also needs to change gyms. If there was ever a guy who needed to freshen things up with a new team it's him

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Also needs to change gyms. If there was ever a guy who needed to freshen things up with a new team it's him

I agree but don't think it will happen. Seems very loyal to the gym and I doubt he'd ever leave Brazil anyway.

Advertisement