Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 212 Holloway v Aldo Sat 3rd June

Options
  • 02-06-2017 5:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭

W4IWMBW.png

1am BT Sport 2 start for prelims

Main event betting line : Aldo 4/6 Holloway 5/4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Been looking forward to this card so much, Great main event and not seen a whole card stacked like this one for a long time, if i was paying for PPV would have no hesitation in forking out the guts of 70quid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

scudzilla wrote: »
    Been looking forward to this card so much, Great main event and not seen a whole card stacked like this one for a long time, if i was paying for PPV would have no hesitation in forking out the guts of 70quid for it

Not sure if you're joking or not. I think it's a shocking card except for the main event

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm usually pretty high on Holloway (Cub and Pettis fights anyway) but Aldo will be too much him, too quick and a better striker to my eyes.

The only way I'll be watching this PPV is if my friend's want to split it, not worth the $60.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Max a huge price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Holloway to win by cardio.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

hqdefault1.jpg

If Chad Mendes (roided but still) could light Aldo up I think Holloway will give him fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

Official weigh-ins here

Thought Max looked horrific in his face. Very gaunt with shrunken jaws like McGregor has trying to make 145, and also very dark circles around his eyes.

Also as per the comments that absolute tool asking "what was the weight?" a few seconds after yer man shouts it out is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I would love if Max won and Frankie got the first shot and he won it off him. This should be a cracking fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Aldo to get the decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hope max does him but aldo was so slick in his last fight and think he will get a decision win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Not sure if you're joking or not. I think it's a shocking card except for the main event

If it was 2009 Belfort vs Marquardt would be interesting in 2017 it's kinda sad. Gadhela vs Kowalkiewicz could be go either way from real good to a snoozer.

Anyone know why Vitor has a german shepard going round with him 24/7? says its for his fear of flying but im not buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gamebred wrote: »
    Anyone know why Vitor has a german shepard going round with him 24/7? says its for his fear of flying but im not buying it.

Very odd. Lovely dog all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

It's for his protection. See, nowadays vitor is a shjte fighter and can't protect himself

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sniffer dog :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Max is too slow and sloppy to beat Aldo, which is a pity as I feel the division could do with a new champion.

Best we can hope for is Aldo to win big and float the idea of moving to 155 to chase a rematch with Conor. Doubt he would do it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Max is too slow and sloppy to beat Aldo, which is a pity as I feel the division could do with a new champion.

Best we can hope for is Aldo to win big and float the idea of moving to 155 to chase a rematch with Conor. Doubt he would do it though.

Aldo already said he'd fight at 155 with McGregor, didn't he? After Holloway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

If Holloway wins ( I think he will) and maybe beats Frankie in a defense, he could entice Conor back to 145.

I really want to see Conor v Max again, both have evolved so much since the other fight. Max comes to fight and can take a shot, doesn't talk ****e, doesn't complain, pure truth. Probably my favourite fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor wont be fighting at 145 again if Max or Aldo ever want to fight him again they'll have to move up to 155

xtal191 wrote:
    McGregor wont be fighting at 145 again if Max or Aldo ever want to fight him again they'll have to move up to 155

You seem so certain. I know it probably won't ever happen but I live in hope. He may want to cement his place as FW king. Max will have genuinley cleaned out the division and be on a 12 fight win streak if it was to happen.

• Advertisement

If Holloway beats Aldo his 11 win streak in the UFC will be one of the best ever hes absolutely murdered people for years since McGregor beat him, hes the only man to stop Pettis, hope we get a war for 5 rds and Max win.

Gamebred wrote:
    If Holloway beats Aldo his 11 win streak in the UFC will be one of the best ever hes absolutely murdered people for years since McGregor beat him, hes the only man to stop Pettis, hope we get a war for 5 rds and Max win.

I can't see it going any other way than a five round war. Haven't checked the price yet but I will be putting a large bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jdeego10

Is the main card starting at around 4-5am?

jdeego10 wrote: »
    Is the main card starting at around 4-5am?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

scudzilla wrote: »
    Dtp1979 wrote: »

I was taking the piss, truly woeful card

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jdeego10

Holloway second round tko

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

What time can we expect to see trt Belfort at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

akelly02 wrote: »
    What time can we expect to see trt Belfort at?

3 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

for me this is just about the hardest main event to call in a very long time

big fan of max but aldo looked so good against frankie...i'd side with max if it wasn't in brazil not that it matters where really I suppose

• Advertisement

Love how committed BT are to MMA, 9 hours straight of different shows on tonight.

It's either doing good figures for them or more likley, they have F**kall else to air.

Advertisement