Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

My timing is wrong. Should be closer to 20 mins. Not 10.

22k gallons in 20 minutes, that is some pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

TPF2012 wrote: »

Any slurry pump/agitator will do a 1000 gallons a minute. Some will do a lot more.
    An old Alfa Laval we had in the 1980's would do it easily. 60 seconds to top fill an 1100 gallon Alfa slurry wagon.

Edit, just to say that probably the most popular slurry pump bought by farmers is the NC 3000 Super.
    The figure of 3000 relates to the maximum gallons of water it can shift in a minute. (Given the maximum recommended HP and 540 rpm input to the gearbox).

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Nekarsulm wrote:
    Any slurry pump/agitator will do a 1000 gallons a minute. Some will do a lot more. An old Alfa Laval we had in the 1980's would do it easily. 60 seconds to top fill an 1100 gallon Alfa slurry wagon.

I didn't know vacuum pumps were so powerful, that is impressive flow rates. I would have more experience with submersible electric pumps, with the largest (90KW)I've seen only capable of what your old slurry wagon would do. Greater distance and head involved I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

80 ft x4ft drop in tank x11.5ft work out at 104000 litres roughly about 23000 gal.
    How long would it take to empty the tank if the tractor was opened up?

I didn't know vacuum pumps were so powerful, that is impressive flow rates. I would have more experience with submersible electric pumps, with the largest (90KW)I've seen only capable of what your old slurry wagon would do. Greater distance and head involved I suppose.

That's not a vacuum pump though,that's a shaft driven impeller about 16 inches in width, with four vanes.
    Most vacuum pumps (8000 litre MEC is almost universal in agri) would take about 3 minutes to suck up 1300 gallons of slurry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

One of the slatted tanks was very full and no time or bare ground to spread on. Quickest solution is to pump it across to other tank. Pump doesnt have a top fill facility. Two 6" 90°bends (one fitted over the nozzle )and 20ft of wavin pipe and we had slurry flowing. 10 min with tractor at around 1200 rpm shifted around 22kgals.

[

That's a proper job Foxy, I'll have to up grade mine now:o
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83468907

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

blue5000 wrote: »
    That's a proper job Foxy, I'll have to up grade mine now:o
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83468907

No need. Looks like you're doing damn fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Found this today when tidying up. Fierce handy yoke.

416065.jpg

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Think I have 4 or 5 of them in the shed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭visatorro

Plumbers pliers and wrench is far better job I think. At least you can use them for something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

416065.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but what is it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

sea12 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but what is it

spanner for philmac pipe fittings

Can't think what I'd use these catches for, yet, but I like the idea!

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=wUiQZZ9I3co

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

Anybody on here fabricate there own head scoop?
    Just wondering if there that hard to do ?
    Have a homemade crush with large rsjs in front need to fit one .

• Registered Users Posts: 37 p dogg

jerdee wrote: »

I made a headscoop last summer. Not overly difficult although there was a fair bit of trial and error. All in it cost around 80 euro without painting. I have a couple of adjustments made since these pics were taken and it now works a treat. The first use it got was putting a nose ring In our bull and it's got a lot of use since. Also I welded on attachments on 3 other crushes on outfarms that the headscoop slides onto so it can be used wherever we need. Happy that I took on the project now and a good saving on buying one for 450 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Can you please upload pics p dogg

Awaiting a call back on getting just the replacement neck Mould to help out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

I've made something similar as a headscoop but can't upload foto as I don't have a laptop.
    I got a ratchet type thing that was on an old hay bale elevator welded it onto a 4 ft pipe that can be
    Slid onto the crush head gate pipe . Then I got an old 3\4 socket welded it to the centre of the ratchet , use the T-bar as winder. I put on a halter on the animal and wind away works grand for me and u can flick the dog on the winder to release... sorry about the long post

Here goes

p dogg wrote: »
    Here goes

Nothing uploaded

• Advertisement

I was looking today at the headscoops in a Dairygold strore and it looked like the rubber padding bit was cut from a slat matt. If that helps. :D

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

the lad I called over to see his one last night recommended that the moulded ones are better and to avoid the v type less moving.

Nothing uploaded

Third time lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Third time lucky

Nope

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Third time lucky

I think you need a few more posts (25?) before you can upload pics. Are you using the 'manage attachments' button?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Didn't want to jinx

I'm at 22 posts so far it keeps saying that there are too many mps for it too be loaded. I'm on my mobile if that makes a difference. I'll try one or two more posts to see will it allow it after 25 posts

I'm at 22 posts so far it keeps saying that there are too many mps for it too be loaded. I'm on my mobile if that makes a difference. I'll try one or two more posts to see will it allow it after 25 posts

416509.png

.............it allow it after 25 posts

So anyway, another 3 posts. Is that right? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

Welcome aboard and fair play to you for trying so hard to get the photo to show. I can see it now, plenty of leverage there!

Advertisement