Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I agree. But most of his better performance have been in the latter stages (post Xmas) and the voting is done in February or early March which is ridiculous really

Yes Eriksen is in great form but there is always parts of season he seems to go missing. He is now at that age where you would expect him to be more consistent, if that's the case the best is yet to come.

I am hoping that is the case for Spurs as a group, they have matured wit age and experience and we will see a better Spurs in de next couple of seasons if we can keep them together. I believe Spurs will win the league next season provided we have decent backup/partner up front with Harry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't see us losing any players this year, as long as we get CL football and keep Pochettino. The players seem happy, and most of them will want to stay and see if we can challenge again next year.

If we don't win anything next year though, i would expect many of them will go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Patww79 wrote: »

Who had you in mind?

Sissoko can pack his bag, I can understand Janssen. (I'd keep him personally). N'Koudou and Onomah haven't really impressed.

• Advertisement

Well if this were to happen, which is complete madness (entitled to your opinion of course). We'd also lose Pochettino.

We're so close, it's been a steady progression. Getting rid of the deadwood, the team has never worked so hard as a collective unit.

Our starting eleven, I wouldn't change it for any team in the league. Two quality additions, could make all the difference. Four points off top spot, with an amazing goal difference.

Wembley is being blown out of proportion, it's not like we're moving to Afghanistan.

We played some damn good football against the best team in the league, and were unfortunate to not come away with anything. I refuse to believe that this team cannot perform in Wembley and it's absolutely no reason to go and sell our players now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Stop will ya. Sell our best players?

Them days are over.

All the transfer ****e in the rags .. Rose to city .. Dier to Utd

Don't these newspapers get it ? Levy wouldn't sell to any English clubs .. Ever.

We are getting closer.. # believe COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

larry1 wrote: »

All this talk of Spurs bottling it last year, bottling the game yesterday and potentially bottling it this season too really pisses me off. A very good quote from that article;
    The first signs are already there with Tottenham being unfairly accused of choking in certain quarters but the reality is that, in order to choke, a team has to be in a position to win in the first place.

The only thing Spurs bottled last season was not finishing 2nd, but considering their disappointment after the Chelsea game it was almost forgivable. They never had the lead in the league, either last season or this. If they win the league this season, Chelsea will have bottled it. If they don't win, they won't have bottled it, they'll have gone on a brilliant run that ultimately came to an end and made the final few weeks of the season really interesting, while none of the other 'big' clubs did anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭golfball37

I'd sell Dier in a heartbeat if the money was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

SuprSi wrote: »
    All this talk of Spurs bottling it last year, bottling the game yesterday and potentially bottling it this season too really pisses me off. A very good quote from that article;

The only thing Spurs bottled last season was not finishing 2nd, but considering their disappointment after the Chelsea game it was almost forgivable. They never had the lead in the league, either last season or this. If they win the league this season, Chelsea will have bottled it. If they don't win, they won't have bottled it, they'll have gone on a brilliant run that ultimately came to an end and made the final few weeks of the season really interesting, while none of the other 'big' clubs did anything.

Yupp it is the one thing that really winds me up coming from fans of teams that are not even nearly in contention. Spurs have not bottled anything and are punching above their weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

golfball37 wrote: »

Yes, maybe.

Also perhaps sell:
    Kevin Wimmer
    Moussa Sissoko
    Georges-Kevin N'Koudou

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Don't see us selling Kane or Alli. Or Walker/Rose.

But I could see the likes of Vertonghen, Dembele, Lloris or even Eriksen asking to go if a big big club came in from them with a big offer.

Then there's the Lamela situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

we cant be selling player chaps, we need to be adding t the squad. Tlk of selling Dier is madness... He's quality in the middle of the park but should never be near the back. Hes pretty interchangeable with Wanyama. Lamela can go if he is to be replaced with some decent quality, but hes far from a poor player. The only players to be replaced really are fringe players... sissoku, jansen, nkoudou and Ohnoma(?). But if we really expect to step up to elite level we need to be looking at elite players... problem is none of these will sit on the bench any ENIC/Levy would never sanction the 50m type transfers.... personally would love Sanchez, Rojo and Isco.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Levy Lover wrote: »
    Stop will ya. Sell our best players?

Them days are over.

All the transfer ****e in the rags .. Rose to city .. Dier to Utd

Don't these newspapers get it ? Levy wouldn't sell to any English clubs .. Ever.

We are getting closer.. # believe COYS

Those days will never be gone, that's just the way things work, RM or someone else will come knocking for alli for sure.

I do think they will stay with us next season at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

golfball37 wrote: »

Dier is a liability at the back and he is our second string defensive midfielder.

He's worthwhile keeping because he's good and increases the strength of the squad (which will be required for CL next season). Though I'd agree with Golfball37, if we're offered £40m+ by United for a second string player, then it would be too much to refuse.

Do I think it will happen? No.

As we all know, Levy will not sell to strengthen a competitor.

The only clubs able to buy any of our first team are Barca or RM..... Bayern and PSG at a push.

If I see our first team players linked to anyone other than those four, I just don't read the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

chavski on sky now v saints hoping for a huge favour from pochs former team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

1-1

davycc wrote: »
    1-1

Sweet!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Imagine if Shane Long came off the bench late on and scored a winner. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

It's the hope that kills you

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

What about Modric? We refused to let him go to Chelsea and sold him cheaper to Real Madrid. I truly believe Levy will not sell to rivals anymore unless they offered mad money for Kane or Alli.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

09_09_09 wrote: »
    What about Modric? We refused to let him go to Chelsea and sold him cheaper to Real Madrid. I truly believe Levy will not sell to rivals anymore unless they offered mad money for Kane or Alli.

Yep, its the hope that kills yaa!
    Maybe they should change to that instead of Audere est Facere ! :D

Unless they threaten to leave/not play ....... I.e Berbatov + Modric + Bale (?)
    Then you have to sell.
    Always remember even though we are still on the way up, we havent won anything, and it doesnt take top players long to get fed up of winning "Moral Victories" instead of medals...... so all players could go potentially. :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Might have a ticket for meself and the brother to Spurs end for West Ham game. Hopefully the hope is still alive at that stage. I work over here during week and supplier was keen to take me to something so rather than go to some bloody cricket game I suggested this. Would be great if it meant more than local bragging rights!

ESPN report Tottenham Hotspur are close to completing a deal to sign Galatasaray winger Bruma.

Any use?

It's confirmed now that our home games will be played at Wembley next year.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39748797

• Advertisement

Will the new 61000 stadium also be called WHL? I hope so.

Advertisement