Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The Brexit signing by the UK Prime Minister was all over the news, what rock have you been living under?

jaysus.......

The random post of "And shes signed...." in a Spurs thread.
    That is vague to me when not given any context ie a link, or a picture to go with his random statement....
    And, dont you live up to your name ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

There is a picture though, so what are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

In the app the pictures don't often load unlike the desktop version.

• Advertisement

In the app the pictures don't often load unlike the desktop version.

To be honest, without the picture the whole thing makes no sense which would explain a lot of the comments above.

Lets move on and talk about something else.

Lamela is back at the training ground this week, finally.

... And Poch has ruled himself out of the barca job.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

https://twitter.com/ErikLamela?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I miss this fecker. He will be a new signing for us next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Not sure what the stats are now but up to a few weeks ago only eriksen had more assists than him. Super player, hope we have him back fighting fit next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

On another note, anyone else get pissed off with the lack of respect we get from the media, we have played the best football this season by a mile and are 2nd. Sometimes it's like we don't even exist, Liverpool this, Liverpool that, really drives me nuts.

Someone this morning on Newstalk said the title race was over and done with because City didn't win yesterday. It really bugs me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

GS11 wrote: »
    On another note, anyone else get pissed off with the lack of respect we get from the media, we have played the best football this season by a mile and are 2nd. Sometimes it's like we don't even exist, Liverpool this, Liverpool that, really drives me nuts.

Someone this morning on Newstalk said the title race was over and done with because City didn't win yesterday. It really bugs me.

I was reading BBC sport football and one of their writers said that Spurs and Chelsea are by far the two best footballing teams this year. But that's the only time I heard that. On Irish media they were previewing the race for top 4 and only mentioned arsenal city and liverpool. Now you could think that they were saying we are guaranteed at least 2nd but I think it is obvious bias and we are just overlooked. I haven't given up hope of a miracle and is winning the league, but you'd swear we didn't exist the way we are forgotten by the media!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

GS11 wrote: »

Our next 3.....Swansea (A) Watford (H) Bournemouth (H)

Chelski next 3......City (H) Bournemouth (A) Utd (A)

Me thinks come the time we play them on April 22nd ...That 7 point lead will be well eaten in to.....# In poch we trust. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

Levy Lover wrote: »
    Our next 3.....Swansea (A) Watford (H) Bournemouth (H)

Chelski next 3......City (H) Bournemouth (A) Utd (A)

Me thinks come the time we play them on April 22nd ...That 7 point lead will be well eaten in to.....# In poch we trust. COYS

Imagine if we win the league, go undefeated at home all season, and win the FA Cup. ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️ COYS!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

I am happy for us to fly under the radar for the moment.

If Chelsea draw with City midweek and we win. Then that could change very suddenly and then the spotlight will be very much on us.

Levy Lover wrote:

Pity that's a cup game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Pity that's a cup game.

Know that...but they will go in to cup semi final on a right downer and we'll be bouncing with hopefully a fully fit Kane and Rose to call on.

All giddy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I am happy for us to fly under the radar for the moment.

If Chelsea draw with City midweek and we win. Then that could change very suddenly and then the spotlight will be very much on us.

We are always likely to fly under the radar unless / until we start winning stuff and attract new fans. You only have to look at the threads on boards to see the disparity between Spurs fan base and Utd and Arsenals. Even if it seems ridiculous to genuine football fans, the media know they will get more readers for some bs Mourinho story than an analysis of Spurs.
    In my innocence I used to think it was because Utd and Arsenal were always the top two. Then last year you had us chasing Leicester and still there was way more coverage of a struggling Utd and Arsenal. There was one week last season where Spurs made a big move, I went to the Indo on line to read a match report. There was none but there were something like 11 Utd stories including one about Phil Jones comeback after injury in an U21 match!!!!!

To be honest I think it suits us until the team proves itself. It is also great that we are looking up rather than down. Hope we keep that momentum going all season. No reason we won't considering the workload for most of our top players has been way reduced this season.

joeguevara wrote: »
    I was reading BBC sport football and one of their writers said that Spurs and Chelsea are by far the two best footballing teams this year. But that's the only time I heard that. On Irish media they were previewing the race for top 4 and only mentioned arsenal city and liverpool. Now you could think that they were saying we are guaranteed at least 2nd but I think it is obvious bias and we are just overlooked. I haven't given up hope of a miracle and is winning the league, but you'd swear we didn't exist the way we are forgotten by the media!

Irish media coverage of the Premier League is crap. Pathetic attempt to not look like all they care about is Man Utd. So transparent that Man U are all they're interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭golfball37

Irish media coverage of the Premier League is crap. Pathetic attempt to not look like all they care about is Man Utd. So transparent that Man U are all they're interested in.

The night we played inter in the champions league RTÉ showed Man U reserves beat Bursaspor..

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Spurs have finished higher than Liverpool in 6 of last 7 seasons and will be 7 from 8 if form continues this year. You certainly would not think that from any of the coverage that Spurs get compared to Liverpool. I have even told Liverpool fans this stat and they cant believe its true until they look it up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

8 points ahead of 5th after Utd drew today. Need to keep up the pressure on Chelsea with a win against Swansea tomorrow, and hope for a City win or draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

In the pub tonight watching the united match (I'm 38 so chatting to the lads between 24-30) and I brought up about the lack of coverage about Spurs and their response shocked me...they said it's (premiership) between Spurs and Chelsea and they are more interested in who finishes above pool, city, Utd, and arsenal as that is who all their friends support....literally disgusted as I have been supporting Spurs since we lost the fa cup against Coventry through a mabbutt og and we might win it and these pricks are more interested in who comes 3rd over 4th..lol....in earnest, as a Spurs supporter I love my team and club and I'm so proud of what we are achieving...I actually think we will be premier champions and fa cup wi nerds this year and match 61! Have to believe. COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

We are in the running to do a League and Cup double !!!!
    and, guess what , the media are more interested in Mourinhno's latest victimisation/bullying of his own 21 year old full back ........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Since Mauricio Pochettino has been here, we've performed our worst when the most was expected of us. Remember we ended Chelsea and City's run this season(as underdogs). Better the spotlight is not on us, (at least until after tonight possibly only 4 points?>??)

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Kimsang wrote: »
    Since Mauricio Pochettino has been here, we've performed our worst when the most was expected of us.  Remember we ended Chelsea and City's run this season(as underdogs).  Better the spotlight is not on us, (at least until after tonight possibly only 4 points?>??)

COYS
    We have to deal with that at some stage though, The more often we are in spotlight the more experience we get of dealing with it. I think we will be much better in UCL next year (should we make it of course!) because of this years flop experience.

L'Equipe understand Marseille have activated their €7M clause to permanently sign Clinton Njie from Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

🎵 RHYTHM IS A DANCER,
    HEUNG MIN SON'S THE ANSWER,
    HE CAN SCORE FROM ANYWHEREEEE,
    SO RAISE YOUR HANDS AND VOICES,
    SING ALONG AND JOIN US,
    'COS HE'LL BE SCORING EVERYWHEERRREEE 🎵

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Can't wait for Arsenal Fan TV tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

lololololololol is all I have to say :D

Advertisement