Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Manu 1 up through a handball!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

davycc wrote: »
    Manu 1 up through a handball!

They got their tactics right for first half at least

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

2-0 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Being a spurs fan: it's the hope that kills you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Why are the media bigging up man utd tomorrow for the chelsea match, 0-2 chelsea, has to be. Utd have been poor all season whats going to change now

How wrong was I, coys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Could the unthinkable happen, you want to believe but Chelsea have an easy run in, much easier than ours,

But knock them out of cup and maybe that might take the wind out of their sails, but I suppose the opposite is also true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Simple enough maths once Spurs win out. All that is needed are two Chelsea draws or a draw and a defeat. Everton might well do us a favour here.

P_1 wrote: »
    Simple enough maths once Spurs win out. All that is needed are two Chelsea draws or a draw and a defeat. Everton might well do us a favour here.

Yes but after Everton, can you see anyone else taking points off them, I can't unfortunately

We have Arsenal, Man Utd at home granted, but away to West Ham who will go all out, (it's their cup final) away to lecister who would love to beat us

But this team is unplayable at the moment

Palace look good as well. We definitely have a tougher run in, but i'm confident that we'll give a good showing of ourselves. Don't think we'll win it, but it would be very interesting if Chelsea were to drop some more points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭golfball37

6 points against palace and woolwich and I think we have every chance.

• Advertisement

Could you imagine having to beat Arsenal to top the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Mad how Spurs are finally gonna finish above Arsenal but world war 3 is literally about to happen & wipe out most the planet. How spursy.

I love this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What is the story with people (non-spurs supporters) wanting a spurs thread on the main soccer forum? I couldn't see it of any benefit. I doubt I will be posting there. Rarely if ever post on the main soccer forum and will probable end up just being a bashing thread anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

It's a pity the way the PL is spread out across Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday these days.

I don't think we play at the same time as Chelsea until the very last match of the season. Most the time they are playing before us, which is a massive psychological advantage (unless they drop points).

We pretty much have to beat Arsenal and Palace to keep the gap at 4 point. We then go to West Ham on Friday night and, if we beat them, reduce the gap to one point - before Chelsea play on the following Monday.

joeguevara wrote: »
    What is the story with people (non-spurs supporters) wanting a spurs thread on the main soccer forum? I couldn't see it of any benefit. I doubt I will be posting there. Rarely if ever post on the main soccer forum and will probable end up just being a bashing thread anyway.

To be honest, i think I'd prefer if we didn't have our own forum. It keeps us separate from the main body of soccer fans, and i like having opposing opinions from opposition supporters (though we already argue enough :P). Saying that, I'm quite happy with things as they are, and enjoy being able to talk to mostly spurs fans.

Keep it as it is, but have a thread in the main forum as well to at least have some banter with opposition fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

The main soccer forum is a horrible place, there's no banter, just hatred, full of wind up merchants and trolls

Yeah I stay away from it because it's too easy to pick up infractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The main soccer forum is a horrible place, there's no banter, just hatred, full of wind up merchants and trolls

They can literally argue for days, a week of back and fourth would be the norm after a big game. At all hours of the day, it becomes compulsive. Primal man slapping each other on the back, fanny patting.

I got carded for these three comments, all pretty innocuous.

"Utd defense is leaky, like a pregnant woman's tít. Arsenal just need to milk it."

"Arsenal look flat and void of ideas, the bug eyed guppy has been non exsistent. Vidic out for the count, very nasty."

"I hope Utd humiliate them, once Suarez is kept quite their virtually ineffective. Rogers is a clown who somehow came to manage a once great club, his constant idiotic comments after each game are bewildering. I love watching Suarez purely for his comic entertainment value and the odd great goal."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

They just want somewhere they can have a dig at us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4431700/Ugo-Ehiogu-dies-suffering-heart-attack.html

Ugo Ehiogu dies in hospital after suffering heart. F?cking shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just reading about it. Terribly sad. Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭joeguevara

They just want somewhere they can have a dig at us

If you read it though, they are under the impression that we want to go back to the main forum to gloat about our new success....but it was a non-spurs fan who set up the thread to have a place to have digs.

If I wanted to read about negativity, how sh1t we are, how bad walker and rose are, what a crap chair levy is and what a jew lewis is with the money...i'd stay here and read posts from our own supporters lolololol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

If you read it though, they are under the impression that we want to go back to the main forum to gloat about our new success....but it was a non-spurs fan who set up the thread to have a place to have digs.

If I wanted to read about negativity, how sh1t we are, how bad walker and rose are, what a crap chair levy is and what a jew lewis is with the money...i'd stay here and read posts from our own supporters lolololol

I had a look through it, and then Unfollowed, Its set up to knock us down!!
    Why are 'fans' of other clubs so bitter towards 'poor little ' Spurs going well ! ... I wont mention the Media.... (apart from John Duggan on TodayFm - Hesa Yid :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

It really is too obvious why it was set up, and I can imagine how it will be in the likely event we dont win the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

It really is too obvious why it was set up, and I can imagine how it will be in the likely event we dont win the league.

Exactly, I wont ever visit there.
    Bitter bar-stewards just having a go.....
    And its soooooooo hard not to bite !!!!:D:rolleyes:

Why cant they leave us enjoy our success (hopefully there is success coming) after sooo many years of being 'Spursey' !
    " Being a Yid , Being a Yid, the thing that i love most is being a Yid ..." TTID

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Deli just won PFA young player of the year. No surprise there.

Kane was 2nd and Lukaku 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Well done Deli and Kane.

Eriksen has also had a brilliant season, doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

GS11 wrote:
    Eriksen has also had a brilliant season, doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

I agree. But most of his better performance have been in the latter stages (post Xmas) and the voting is done in February or early March which is ridiculous really

Advertisement