Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Wenger in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭larry1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Fat Sam outwits Wenger yet again!

Easily the worst Arsenal side that I can remember. Sanchez is a winner, the rest are two bobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

Patww79 wrote: »

Nor next year either I'd imagine.

We need to come up with a name for the reverse. St. Arses Day? :-)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

lol, well done townsend as well. that will sicken them even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Jayzus lads. Relax with the "no St totterings day" stuff. You must have short memory's. It fell apart in 3 games last season and we still have 8 to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Jayzus lads. Relax with the "no St totterings day" stuff. You must have short memory's. It fell apart in 3 games last season and we still have 8 to go!

Now theres the real Spurs supporters attitude !! :D
    As much as im enjoying how we are playing, and our position in the table, theres always that niggling thought of "Spursey" of "Its gonna go Wrong" ......
    It hard shake it off after sooo many years of average !!

COYS !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Spurs are stronger this year.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If we drop an 11 point lead (assuming they win their game at hand), regardless of the fact that we have to play them, it would be an absolute disaster. It would show how we simply don't have the mindset to compete at this level.

It won't happen though, as we are far stronger then even last year.

Kiith wrote: »
    ... It won't happen though, as we are far stronger then even last year.

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Why are we discussing a mid rate team? They don't deserve to be anywhere in this forum. Because we are Super Tottenham!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Glebee

Arsenal Fan TV, it just gets better and better.

There used to be a Spurs version on You Tube, last season and earlier in the year but it seems to have disappeared. Anybody now why is stopped..
    Spurred on was the name of it.

http://www.dearmrlevy.com/

Is a good read at times as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

Worztron wrote: »

We need to come up with a name for the reverse.

To be honest, I really hope we don't.

Arsenal were so much better than Spurs for so long, I always thought it was pathetic and small minded how they made such a big deal about finishing ahead every year. Spurs shouldn't have been on their radar at all but some of the fans seemed to be obsessed about it. A few players too, notably Wilshere, Szczesny and Podolski, never missed an opportunity to taunt Spurs.

In my opinion, Spurs need to remain focussed on being the best they can possibly be and not worry about what Arsenal are doing. I hope not to hear about any tweets from Spurs players if/when it is confirmed that we will finish above Arsenal. If there are any, I would like to believe that Pochettino will have a quiet word with them.

Martin567 wrote: »

Arsenal were so much better than Spurs for so long, I always thought it was pathetic and small minded how they made such a big deal about finishing ahead every year. Spurs shouldn't have been on their radar at all but some of the fans seemed to be obsessed about it. A few players too, notably Wilshere, Szczesny and Podolski, never missed an opportunity to taunt Spurs.

In my opinion, Spurs need to remain focussed on being the best they can possibly be and not worry about what Arsenal are doing. I hope not to hear about any tweets from Spurs players if/when it is confirmed that we will finish above Arsenal. If there are any, I would like to believe that Pochettino will have a quiet word with them.

F**king sew it into them when we do !! We have put up with their crap for sooo long, of course we should !!
    And so should the players .. They will deserve it !!
    COYS - foyg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

greenspurs wrote: »
    F**king sew it into them when we do !! We have put up with their crap for sooo long, of course we should !!
    And so should the players .. They will deserve it !!
    COYS - foyg

I completely disagree. I think it would actually annoy people like that twice as much if you made no big deal at all about finishing ahead of Arsenal. The fact is, it's not such a big deal. We should have much bigger things to focus on.

I completely disagree. I think it would actually annoy people like that twice as much if you made no big deal at all about finishing ahead of Arsenal. The fact is, it's not such a big deal. We should have much bigger things to focus on.

Remember, most people including the media have very little interest in Spurs. We barely get mentioned on sports reports, unless they try to link our players with bigger clubs. We are still being judged on our 90's status within football....
    But it is a big deal ....
    And what bigger things do we have to focus on?
    Winning the League ? - we are trying, but unless Chavski do a "Spursey", we cant catch them.
    Qualify for Champs Lge - We are 90% assured of that , due to our amazing League form.
    Win the FA Cup - in the Semi,
    so i suppose thats the only thing bigger than finishing above Arse-anal ....

But regardless , i will be trolling without mercy, any gooner i know.

I was half joking but to be honest -- after all those years of the 'St Totteringham's Day' crap -- they deserve to be taunted back.

Remember, most people including the media have very little interest in Spurs. We barely get mentioned on sports reports, unless they try to link our players with bigger clubs. We are still being judged on our 90's status within football ...

Very true. The great comeback the other night vs Swansea was barely covered on Off The Ball -- instead they mostly blabber on about Chelsea, Liverpool, and the likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Mad how Spurs are finally gonna finish above Arsenal but world war 3 is literally about to happen & wipe out most the planet. How spursy.

Remember, most people including the media have very little interest in Spurs. We barely get mentioned on sports reports, unless they try to link our players with bigger clubs. We are still being judged on our 90's status within football....
    But it is a big deal ....
    And what bigger things do we have to focus on?
    Winning the League ? - we are trying, but unless Chavski do a "Spursey", we cant catch them.
    Qualify for Champs Lge - We are 90% assured of that , due to our amazing League form.
    Win the FA Cup - in the Semi,
    so i suppose thats the only thing bigger than finishing above Arse-anal ....

But regardless , i will be trolling without mercy, any gooner i know.

Just looking through premier league news on independent.ie.
    All top 50 stories are about united, arsenal, liverpool, chelsea with two report about spurs. The amount of bull****e storys about man utd is unreal.

Glebee wrote: »
    Just looking through premier league news on independent.ie.
    All top 50 stories are about united, arsenal, liverpool, chelsea with two report about spurs. The amount of bull****e storys about man utd is unreal.
    Todayfm sports report at 9am last Sat. Spurs were playing the early game.
    "All the top4 are in action today"
    Gave 2 mins talking about Liverpool, then onto Chavski, and City ... last line of the report .. "and in the early gave Spurs play Watford, next news at 10"

They just dont like/rate/care about us. They will just pander to the more supported clubs... Fcuk em! :rolleyes:

Yep, the anti-Spurs bias is blatant and is really jarring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Yep, the anti-Spurs bias is blatant and is really jarring.

But in all fairness most of the anti-Spurs diatribe came from Spurs fans in this forum for three quarters of the season 😂😂😂😂😂

joeguevara wrote: »
    But in all fairness most of the anti-Spurs diatribe came from Spurs fans in this forum for three quarters of the season 😂😂😂😂😂

I was referring to the media.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I was referring to the media.

Doesn't make the post any less accurate

Why are the media bigging up man utd tomorrow for the chelsea match, 0-2 chelsea, has to be. Utd have been poor all season whats going to change now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Glebee wrote: »
    Why are the media bigging up man utd tomorrow for the chelsea match, 0-2 chelsea, has to be. Utd have been poor all season whats going to change now

since they lost to chelsea they haven't lost a game in the league in 21 games. Honestly I think they've just been unlucky.

I think there's a good chance for a 0-0 tomorrow(*Fingers crossed*)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I just realised that Spurs have, for the first time in the clubs PL history (I think?), won more than 6 games in a row with yesterday's result taking it to 7. What an achievement! :D

Advertisement