Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

The speed bumps on Royal Canal Avenue wont be removed apparently, and infact more are due to be added. Frankly speeding is a problem as is driving on the foot path. I'm sorry I missed the resident meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

dor1971 wrote: »
    Yes. I have seen this also. This will only worsen once they open Phelan Park up. I am trying to canvass opinion from residents so we can come to a conclusion that works for all of us in terms of safety and quality of life. Prior to our development going up Phelan Park didn't exist as a through way between the aprtments and Bridge Ave so if it remains closed on safety grounds no one is loosing out and everyone gains as it will make for a much safer and quiter environment for all concerned.

As someone who lives on Phelan park/phelan avenue we would lose out if they didn't open up that side entrance.

Prior to the whole development of houses certain roads and access didn't exist. Not just that side entrance.

I, like my neighbours will benefit when that entrance opens. It is in the original plans and shouldn't and won't be changed.

Everybody driving past centra for access to phelan park, phelan avenue and phelan drive west is not practical long term

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

I also live on Phelan Park, but as I don't have a car, I cannot formulate an informed opinion. I understand both arguments, though: on one hand, the safety and noise level along the road will suffer. On the other hand, it's not practical to keep the road closed. Especially considering the fact that the road in front of the detached 3-br houses is designated as a one-way road, so getting there would be even more awkward for residents. Maybe slightly more annoying speed bumps on both ends and in the middle would force everyone to slow down enough to make it safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I've noticed Taxi drivers driving into the footpath to avoid the speed bump.

The solution I've seen in the past was to put a bollard at the edge of the footpath.
    Fairly straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

I'm willing to donate a few of the boulders I dug in my back garden towards the bollards :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Layoulk

Hey there, quick question. For the people that moved into or snagged the Herons, were the mirrors in the bathrooms just like the show house ones? (I.e. the mirror in the main bathroom takes the entire wall) Also, did you get a mirror on the toilet in the ground floor? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

Hi All

Am considering putting a deposit down on a house in RCP. I have some points that I would really appreciate information on if anyone can help.

(1) Am slightly concerned about the noise of the trains and also there seems to be quite a bit of traffic around. Would love to hear feedback from some residents regarding the noise levels particularly around Royal Canal Avenue?

(2) Also am wondering does anyone have information regarding primary schools around the area?

(3) Does anyone know how long the walk is to the proposed Luas line and when it will be operational? Is the current bus route reliable into the city centre and frequent?

Many thanks.

Layoulk wrote: »
    Hey there, quick question. For the people that moved into or snagged the Herons, were the mirrors in the bathrooms just like the show house ones? (I.e. the mirror in the main bathroom takes the entire wall) Also, did you get a mirror on the toilet in the ground floor? Thanks!

Post some pictures and I'll tell you if yours is wrong.
    Hi All

Am considering putting a deposit down on a house in RCP. I have some points that I would really appreciate information on if anyone can help.

(1) Am slightly concerned about the noise of the trains and also there seems to be quite a bit of traffic around. Would love to hear feedback from some residents regarding the noise levels particularly around Royal Canal Avenue?

(2) Also am wondering does anyone have information regarding primary schools around the area?

(3) Does anyone know how long the walk is to the proposed Luas line and when it will be operational? Is the current bus route reliable into the city centre and frequent?

Many thanks.

Noise is noticeable along royal canal avenue from cars. The train is fine TBH. Where the new houses are going you may not have that issue as really only residents should be driving a long the new part.

The luas is meant to be operational in December. It's a 15 minute walk to bloombridge. The local bus is the 120. It's very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Does anyone have a list of prices and what wasn't available for sale?

The Willow was 435K.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

Keithchap wrote: »
    Does anyone have a list of prices and what wasn't available for sale?

The Willow was 435K.

Was that the same price as the last Willow? Interested to see how the process went this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Layoulk wrote: »

There is no mirror in the down stairs bathroom, In the family bathroom there is a smaller mirror, it is not the same as the one in the show house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone looked into secondary glazing to attempt to resolve the sound issues on bridge avenue and royal canal ave? I remember someone earlier in the thread said that Jason had told them he is looking into it for us with the architect? Anything come of that? Its really bad.

Perhaps we could group together and get a much cheaper price as a group? Would love to solve the sound issue as its really really annoying in all the front rooms of the herons.

We have a mirror in the downstairs bathroom....

Was that the same price as the last Willow? Interested to see how the process went this time

No, it was actually 20K cheaper, last phase was 455k, 1 less parking space so that accounts for 10k, not sure what the other 10k reduction was for, it is overlooked a bit but is on a quiter road and has a bigger garden. I doubt the possibilty of a future development overlooking it would be priced in.

Possibly less demand for this phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

No, it was actually 20K cheaper, last phase was 455k, 1 less parking space so that accounts for 10k, not sure what the other 10k reduction was for, it is overlooked a bit but is on a quiter road and has a bigger garden. I doubt the possibilty of a future development overlooking it would be priced in.

Possibly less demand for this phase.

Still big demand, there were no Willows avail today but the price was €455k for that and all the other prices remained the same.
    All the 3 bed went today and from what I saw only a couple 4 bed left. Prices were the same as the most recent release.

All very civilised and SF kept to their strict list of first called first appointment even when doing the bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

What did the swans go for?

What did the swans go for?

The swan was €440k but I think there was only one avail.
    The Hazel A was €420k & €410k

n1ckymar1e wrote: »
    Still big demand, there were no Willows avail today but the price was €455k for that and all the other prices remained the same.
    All the 3 bed went today and from what I saw only a couple 4 bed left. Prices were the same as the most recent release.

All very civilised and SF kept to their strict list of first called first appointment even when doing the bookings.

There were no Willows for sale or they were already sold?

n1ckymar1e wrote: »
    The swan was €440k but I think there was only one avail.
    The Hazel A was €420k & €410k

Hazel A, left over from previous phases? There are none in this latest block that I can see.

There were no Willows for sale or they were already sold?

From what SF told us when we arrived they had none to sell today. It was mainly ash and Heron with 1 or 2 of a couple of others avail.

• Advertisement

Hazel A, left over from previous phases? There are none in this latest block that I can see.

Yes it was on a diff block. They were on bridge Ave and royal canal ave. not sure why they were avail didn't ask.

For those who are interested here is how our finished island looks, We are much happier with it versus the one in the show house, It leaves plenty of room for a table

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stenomattia

Nhol78 wrote: »
    For those who are interested here is how our finished island looks, We are much happier with it versus the one in the show house, It leaves plenty of room for a table

That's interesting and certainly adds more room to the kitchen. Did you work it out directly with Ballymore, is it a different model they are offering, extra costs? We managed to put a deposit down yesterday on a Heron and we've started considering possible changes, along with the pocket door in the kitchen wall. Thanks!

That's interesting and certainly adds more room to the kitchen. Did you work it out directly with Ballymore, is it a different model they are offering, extra costs? We managed to put a deposit down yesterday on a Heron and we've started considering possible changes, along with the pocket door in the kitchen wall. Thanks!

Worked it out with the kitchen company, They were a pain to deal with, Cost an extra 500, If you get the pocket doors and plan to have a table in the kitchen you really need the extra space.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pink_polkadot

Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone with a Heron has a king sized bed in their master bedroom? The man I spoke with in Harvey Norman said that getting a king sized mattress up two flights of stairs would not be possible but I thought I might ask here.

Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone with a Heron has a king sized bed in their master bedroom? The man I spoke with in Harvey Norman said that getting a king sized mattress up two flights of stairs would not be possible but I thought I might ask here.

Thank you in advance!

Yes, a sleigh bed which is quite big and has a very thick mattress, was no problem for 2 movers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pink_polkadot

Sorry I meant to ask if anyone in a Heron has a super king bed in their Master Bedroom If so was it hard to get up two flights of stairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

hi all, thankfully I managed to get a three bed in the latest launch on Saturday. Could anyone who has already bought recommend a good solicitor by DM?

Thanks in advance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

I'll be moving in soon and I'm wondering if someone could let me know how long took Vodafone to provide the full installation, service fully working and speeds?

One more thing, could you recommend a good alarm system (doesn't need to be monitored) and installer?

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭maciektok

Ho. Does anyone know how much heron cost in the last phase? Thanks

Advertisement