Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Manion

Hi there I've bought in Royal Canal park wondering if anyone has measurements for the Ash by room as looking to get a few quotes on flooring- any recommendations? Also looking for a decent snagger - all help appreciated :)

Hi You should contact ballymore and request a PDF of the plans which will have the measurements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Manion wrote: »
    Hi You should contact ballymore and request a PDF of the plans which will have the measurements.

make sure you specify the house number and street number.
    When i went looking for plans for the heron i got numerous different plans, all slightly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Hi there I've bought in Royal Canal park wondering if anyone has measurements for the Ash by room as looking to get a few quotes on flooring
    We asked for our house plans, got them, but they were far too detailed and very difficult to read. Here are the room measurements (in mm) I extracted and put over the house plans from the Web site. We used those when we roamed Dublin for flooring materials.

Mind you, despite being in mm, these measurements may vary by several cm. We used them to get a very rough idea how much floor coverage we'd need; for furniture and blinds we did much more accurate on the spot measurements. Also, if I'm not mistaken, your house will be the mirror image of ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Can anyone who has closed on their house explain how the management fees were handled. My solicitor mentioned nothing about them.

Do I pay them through my solicitor, Were there details in the contract outlining the cost of the fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Nhol78 wrote: »
    Can anyone who has closed on their house explain how the management fees were handled. My solicitor mentioned nothing about them.

Do I pay them through my solicitor, Were there details in the contract outlining the cost of the fees?

Details were not in the contract as far as I could see.

I paid the first year of management fees in full to the solicitor as the final part of the payment just after paying the main money. The solictor will only know when the ballymore solicitor requests it right at the end. You pay a little under 1k and I believe you get a discount of the relevant amount on next years fees for the overpay this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

There was a space in the contract for Ballymore's solicitor to write in the number. They didn't so we clarified it before contract signing. We paid the full yearly fee via solicitor on closing. That was pro rata'd and the extra put against the following years fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Hey, if anyone can recommend their snagger please send me a PM with some details.

Likewise if you have one to avoid for some reason let me know also!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

Would someone who has their router installed in their utility room be willing to send me some photos of their setup, please? I'm particularly interested in anyone who has it hooked up to their alarm box.

Also could anyone recommend someone to set it up, put in correct sockets, etc?

Finally, can anyone tell me what the 3-beds in the most recent phase going for?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Arbie wrote: »
    Would someone who has their router installed in their utility room be willing to send me some photos of their setup, please? I'm particularly interested in anyone who has it hooked up to their alarm box.

Thanks in advance!

+1 for this

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sdhway

Can I ask anyone who is already in about the heat pump/heating. How many zones are there? Did you get a manual or know the model so we can look it up? How many thermostats?

Any advice would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

Arbie wrote: »

Thanks in advance!

I'm a bit proud of this as I did it by myself, except for the fact that I don't have a proper faceplate in place.

IMG_1159 (1).jpg

I've upgraded from the default cable setup by asking for Cat6 (in retrospect not that good of an investment as wireless is much better and will improve) and asked for ethernet face plates, connected properly.

To setup the cables there are two options: terminate the cables and just connect them to the router and/or switch or get a patch panel and patch cables. I chose the latter.

I had to buy the tools, including a cable tester and an insertion tool. The cables are patched with the T568B standard and are not labeled. Since I had a router, I put the Air router in modem mode and used my one. In the master bedroom I have an Access Point connected via cable.

Lessons learned:
    • Demand that the electrician labels the cables. Ideally ask them to terminate them so you don't have to get a patch panel. Make sure they connect all the cables.
    • When the Eircom installer comes in, tell them to install the modem in the utility room instead of in the hallway. It will save you some trouble re-connecting the cable.

Let me know if you have more questions.
    How would hooking up to the alarm system would work. Is it because you have a wireless system?

Hi

Network setup:

Alarm Panel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4jq7ldkcyxp6j5/2017-04-24%2008.29.19.jpg?dl=0

8 Port switch

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82f4fchn2lg7u0v/2017-04-24%2008.27.26.jpg?dl=0

VDSL Modem

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx6gbevq63j5ujb/2017-04-24%2008.27.42.jpg?dl=0

Hall Box
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7osmmizdjce2p5/2017-02-17%2010.27.07.jpg?dl=0

The cable circled in blue on the alarm panel runs behind the wall and out again into the 8 port switch. The red circle on the alarm panel is a unused cable, it runs from that point out to the box in the hall, and was my third "mystery cable". It's there to facilitate people installing the VDSL modem in the hall and connecting directly to the panel.

The switch has an uplink to the VDSL modem via the cable circled in red.

I've personally found wifi to be a problem in the house. The nature of the membrane used will attenuate radio signals

Heating System

There are two zones, one for hot water, one for central heating. I've not confirmed this directly myself. They seem to just be used for timing on and off and there is an internal system for regulating temperature on each floor. There are 2 thermostats that are configurable. We where given both a manual and a quick start guide. There was also an information night held to explain the operation, but I didn't make that. The main point of that night was that you shouldn't be interfering with any of the settings except to put it in holidays mode when you're gone for a long period.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Thanks Manion,

It looks like you had a blank installed and added a small hole to pull all of the 8 cables through before crimping them, am I correct? It looks reasonably neat.

Exactly, but I didn't do it myself. The electrician knew a guy who did it. At the time I had neither the energy nor inclination to go crimping.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

Also Curious about the Fees .

SF advised that they include for the Gym Membership , Landscaping maintenance, security and bin collection .

Im Very curious as to why they would want these fees now especially up front in advance like that? Is its a deal breaker in the contract unless you pay upfront ?

Id imagine none of the above bar the bin collection would be operational and wont be for some time (its still essentially construction site )Id like to think myself that you would not have to pay unit you receive full benefit of the services.

Danny87 wrote: »

SF advised that they include for the Gym Membership , Landscaping maintenance, security and bin collection .

Im Very curious as to why they would want these fees now especially up front in advance like that? Is its a deal breaker in the contract unless you pay upfront ?

Id imagine none of the above bar the bin collection would be operational and wont be for some time (its still essentially construction site )Id like to think myself that you would not have to pay unit you receive full benefit of the services.

They are all operational. The site is being released on a phased basis. There is an existing Gym and a second one opening soon. The bins are being collected, the security is onsite though cameras on bridge avenue might not be installed yet. You pay the full year up front and then it gets credited to your account based on the date you moved in.

I'd like to just point out that another area in Royal canal park opted to not pay for onsite security and from reading various forums there is a perception that it became targeted for criminality and anti social behaviour.

Manion wrote: »
    They are all operational. The site is being released on a phased basis. There is an existing Gym and a second one opening soon. The bins are being collected, the security is onsite though cameras on bridge avenue might not be installed yet. You pay the full year up front and then it gets credited to your account based on the date you moved in.

I'd like to just point out that another area in Royal canal park opted to not pay for onsite security and from reading various forums there is a perception that it became targeted for criminality and anti social behaviour.

I see, thanks good to know thanks very much.

Thats a bit worrying about the criminality. Were buying on Hamilton Walk and had concerns about this as its very near the old ratoath bridge which is now cul de sac . Would you have any further information on this, is it regular thing ?

Danny87 wrote: »

You should probably read up on the management company a bit. The houses aren't their own management company, they're joining the existing management company for the area which has all the existing apartments and terraced houses.

It's essentially a town council with about a thousand properties and it's established ten years. The fees are split into categories so for instance houses don't pay for lift maintenance, but as Manion says everything is long established and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MengJiang

Hi all,

My husband and I have just signed the contract for a house in Royal Grand Canal park. We were very excited since Nick said we could do our snagging a few weeks ago. However, we went on the site ourselves. House itself seems mostly done but the garden is not done at all and the back door of the garage isn't installed either. So we asked Nick when this is actually ready for us to do snagging. He gave us different answers each time. It seems that Sherry Fitzgerald isn't the best to ask.

We tried to reach out to the developer with email. But no response at all for the last few weeks. Can anyone provide us a phone number and name of who is in charge if the tenants have any queries?

Thanks a million and we are looking forward to meeting you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Hi

You should contact SF immediately and tell them you need a contact at Ballymore to discuss some issues with your house. They should provide you with a phone number. If not, you can call Ballymore head office (number is online) and they will give you the name and details of the Site Clerk at Ballymore
    Alternatively I think the details were posted earlier in this thread

I will advise , back garden will not be done to any great standard, a they will just put seed down , thats it. The front area will be landscaped before you move

As mentioned earlier SF are not useful for details regarding the house, so just be careful with anything they do tell you. I have been dealing with them for some time before purchasing this particular property and always double checked anything they said. In saying that I didn't have much dealings with them and did find them professional in the few Administration task they had to do on behalf of the builder

• Advertisement

MengJiang wrote: »
    Hi all,

My husband and I have just signed the contract for a house in Royal Grand Canal park. We were very excited since Nick said we could do our snagging a few weeks ago. However, we went on the site ourselves. House itself seems mostly done but the garden is not done at all and the back door of the garage isn't installed either. So we asked Nick when this is actually ready for us to do snagging. He gave us different answers each time. It seems that Sherry Fitzgerald isn't the best to ask.

We tried to reach out to the developer with email. But no response at all for the last few weeks. Can anyone provide us a phone number and name of who is in charge if the tenants have any queries?

Sherry Fitz are beyond useless when it comes to information. they gave us incorrect information more than a few times, including telling us the kitchen floor would be included in the price, and a few other things.

They are only good for taking the deposit, dont ask them anything.

Contact the site office, get talking to Tom. Hes the site clerk. He is good, but busy dealing with a lot of queries for a lot of different properties so be concise and clear in your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MengJiang

Amazing :) Thanks a million for the information. We will get onto them soon.

MengJiang wrote: »
    Hi all,

Is Nick a Ballymore employee?

One things to absolutely avoid is sending in multiple rounds of snagging lists early on. That only plays into the vendors hands. By all means go on site, spot things but insist that you're only willing to start the snagging once the building process is completed and the site cleaned. You're the one that will have to enforce order on chaos here.

The call to snag was quite formal and unmistakable for us. Their solicitor wrote to our solicitor advising building was complete and requesting closing + final money within 14 days.

I presume it's the same for everyone.

In our case we already knew it was coming from talking to Ballymore but we did nothing until we got that letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

The call to snag was quite formal and unmistakable for us. Their solicitor wrote to our solicitor advising building was complete and requesting closing + final money within 14 days.

I presume it's the same for everyone.

In our case we already knew it was coming from talking to Ballymore but we did nothing until we got that letter.

Does that mean you have 2 weeks to snag, for them to fix everything and resnag again to verify? Do they generally resolve everything with 2 weeks?
    I would have expected snagging in many cases to go on longer than 2 weeks?

slayerking wrote: »
    Does that mean you have 2 weeks to snag, for them to fix everything and resnag again to verify? Do they generally resolve everything with 2 weeks?

You dont hand over money until all fixes are completed, otherwise, what incentive would there be for them to fix anything?

There may be rare cases where a buyer is pedantic and never happy, and im not sure what happens in that situation.

FYI- our call for snagging was quite informal, it was a phone call from Tom saying the building was ready for snagging. There was nothing official, unless our solicitor has not informed us of some correspondence from Ballymore's solicitors.

slayerking wrote: »

In theory. In reality you arrange your snagger, give them the list, they take two weeks to fix it, you check it, pick up on the stuff they've missed. They promise to fix it, you tentatively set closing and arrange drawdiwn; you check again. When you're happy you proceed. Typically takes about four weeks, or at least that's what it took us.

My solicitor was a personal friend so there's a chance he passed stuff on to me that another solicitor would have left sitting longer then it took Tom to start making phone calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Anybody know which one's are coming up?

rcp_e_vite%20260417.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I presume it's the last remaining block on the site plan. Those close to Ratoath road.

360k is most likely 2 Hamilton rise as it has no snug at the rear. Could give them a call.

• Advertisement

I presume it's the last remaining block on the site plan. Those close to Ratoath road.

360k is most likely 2 Hamilton rise as it has no snug at the rear. Could give them a call.

Fyi : €360k will be the ash houses with one car space . €370 for two spaces. Nr 11 & 12 is not for sale. Not sure if nr 2 will be up for sale but if it is id imagine it would be less than €360

The Iris at the end is 365k (poor back garden positioning)

Advertisement