Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

They are using the original show houses hence the appointment only for safety reasons.
    4 beds are starting from the same price as the last phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

Hi all, do you know what the price points are on the most recent releases? Do the prices change based on land or are they all pretty much the same? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Anyone have any idea how the damage to the windows and doors (in below images) will be dealt with by Ballymore?

It looks like it would be expensive to replace a window and door, but they are clearly roughly treated and not in a finished new condition.

Is it a big enough of an issue to hold back on payment?
    fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Was up that side of town today so went for a spin past Bridge Avenue. Yes, they are looking close to being ready.
    I even had a look in the window of one or two!

I was disappointed with how rough the windows and front door were on some.
    Around the windows, the rubber seal looks uneven, pinched in places (see below picture). I hope this was just a case where they wanted to get the house sealed and will come back to tidy it up. if not, then its a job for the snagger.

The window frame was also scratched and scuffed up, i hope they will be repainted.
    The front door on another was all scratches also.

33996142836_9d3f1b93a6_c.jpg
    Scratches on window frame

33193921374_eec5960ecf_c.jpg
    front door scratches

33224727113_ba3de419d5_c.jpg
    seal around the window pinched in

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

andreionut wrote: »
    I'm a bit proud of this as I did it by myself, except for the fact that I don't have a proper faceplate in place.

Attachment not found.

I've upgraded from the default cable setup by asking for Cat6 (in retrospect not that good of an investment as wireless is much better and will improve) and asked for ethernet face plates, connected properly.

To setup the cables there are two options: terminate the cables and just connect them to the router and/or switch or get a patch panel and patch cables. I chose the latter.

I had to buy the tools, including a cable tester and an insertion tool. The cables are patched with the T568B standard and are not labeled. Since I had a router, I put the Air router in modem mode and used my one. In the master bedroom I have an Access Point connected via cable.

Lessons learned:
    • Demand that the electrician labels the cables. Ideally ask them to terminate them so you don't have to get a patch panel. Make sure they connect all the cables.
    • When the Eircom installer comes in, tell them to install the modem in the utility room instead of in the hallway. It will save you some trouble re-connecting the cable.

Let me know if you have more questions.
    How would hooking up to the alarm system would work. Is it because you have a wireless system?

Thanks very much for this! The alarm is wired but it needs an ethernet connexion to access by app.

Manion wrote: »
    Hi

Network setup:

Alarm Panel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4jq7ldkcyxp6j5/2017-04-24%2008.29.19.jpg?dl=0

8 Port switch

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82f4fchn2lg7u0v/2017-04-24%2008.27.26.jpg?dl=0

VDSL Modem

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx6gbevq63j5ujb/2017-04-24%2008.27.42.jpg?dl=0

Hall Box
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7osmmizdjce2p5/2017-02-17%2010.27.07.jpg?dl=0

The cable circled in blue on the alarm panel runs behind the wall and out again into the 8 port switch. The red circle on the alarm panel is a unused cable, it runs from that point out to the box in the hall, and was my third "mystery cable". It's there to facilitate people installing the VDSL modem in the hall and connecting directly to the panel.

The switch has an uplink to the VDSL modem via the cable circled in red.

I've personally found wifi to be a problem in the house. The nature of the membrane used will attenuate radio signals

Heating System

There are two zones, one for hot water, one for central heating. I've not confirmed this directly myself. They seem to just be used for timing on and off and there is an internal system for regulating temperature on each floor. There are 2 thermostats that are configurable. We where given both a manual and a quick start guide. There was also an information night held to explain the operation, but I didn't make that. The main point of that night was that you shouldn't be interfering with any of the settings except to put it in holidays mode when you're gone for a long period.

Cheers for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

Has there been an update on when they're laying the last layer on the roads on Phelan park/drive and opening up the side entrance to phelan park/drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Is anyone else's oven almost at floor level in Heron's

Nhol78 wrote: »

looking at a video of the show house, and thats just shy of a foot lower than in the show house. quite a variation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Manion

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7uijqia73cr0xno/2016-05-22%2015.42.13.jpg?dl=0

Looks about right when comparing where the microwave is placed. Looks like you have a longer oven.

Manion wrote: »
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7uijqia73cr0xno/2016-05-22%2015.42.13.jpg?dl=0

Looks about right when comparing where the microwave is placed. Looks like you have a longer oven.

Over does look longer but whole unit is clearly lower than the show house, see the below screen capture ( apologies for blur, its literally a video frame)

34258990906_73d07f9f2a_c.jpg

• Advertisement

Your looks about 8 inches lower than ours. You also have a different, longer oven.

Arbie wrote: »
    Your looks about 8 inches lower than ours. You also have a different, longer oven.

Agree the oven is longer, but microwave also starts a fair bit lower as well. I am not sure how I feel about bending down to the oven as we expected it to be higher.

Do people in the new herons have the same oven at the same height or a different one?

Agree the oven is longer, but microwave also starts a fair bit lower as well. I am not sure how I feel about bending down to the oven as we expected it to be higher.

Do people in the new herons have the same oven at the same height or a different one?

Yes, I meant that the top of your microwave looks about 8 inches lower than ours.

Did you upgrade your oven?

Weather its a fault is subjective. it looks fitted correctly, but just differently.
    Id be more concerned with the now much longer top press and loss of space in the bottom big drawer, are they still of a useful dimension?
    If they are, and the oven position is acceptable, I'd let this slide, but thats subjective of course.

Yes, I meant that the top of your microwave looks about 8 inches lower than ours.

Did you upgrade your oven?

No we didn't upgrade it,

I am really trying to figure out if this is the new standard, We got CAD drawings of the kitchen as we changed the island and it showed the oven in a higher position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Manion

I see it now looking from the top down, yes it really is significantly lower.

I'd get it fixed, especially as you have the CAD drawings to support it. It will be relatively straight forward for them to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dor1971

Anyone got any thoughts on road layout re Phelan Park?

It's a very narrow residential road running alongside the 'park' area. This is the only part of the whole development/area that is somewhat safe for kids to play/to and fro from the playground/park. Having cars etc rat running through it to save a minute or so will make it very unsafe and in general take a way from the quality of life for those who live along side it. I live on the corner with Bridge Avenue and our drive way opens up onto Bridge Ave. I can tell you that getting young kids into the car can be scary given the proximity of the cars etc on the avenue which move at speed. I wouldn't wish the same on the residents who live alongside Phelan Park.

This situation will only get worse once the derelict site on the other side of Centra gets developed. The potential for Phelan Park to become a very busy 'rat run' route is very real once it is opened up.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd be interested in hearing them as if there is enough consensus we could make a case to Ballymore before they decide to open it up for good.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

Hi all,
    Got an appointment for a viewing of the limited release this weekend. Has anyone aly information on what houses are being released? Also, can anyone who has already bought recommend a solicitor - assuming I manage to get one I'd like to use somebody who's already dealt with a few sales in this development. Maybe I'm being naïve but I imagine it should cut down on messing around.

Thanks

dor1971 wrote: »

It's a very narrow residential road running alongside the 'park' area. This is the only part of the whole development/area that is somewhat safe for kids to play/to and fro from the playground/park. Having cars etc rat running through it to save a minute or so will make it very unsafe and in general take a way from the quality of life for those who live along side it. I live on the corner with Bridge Avenue and our drive way opens up onto Bridge Ave. I can tell you that getting young kids into the car can be scary given the proximity of the cars etc on the avenue which move at speed. I wouldn't wish the same on the residents who live alongside Phelan Park.

This situation will only get worse once the derelict site on the other side of Centra gets developed. The potential for Phelan Park to become a very busy 'rat run' route is very real once it is opened up.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd be interested in hearing them as if there is enough consensus we could make a case to Ballymore before they decide to open it up for good.

Cheers

I have seen several cars driving at speed from Phelan Ave along Phelan Park up onto the path(!) to the left of the barrier to get onto Bridge Avenue.

The corner of Phelan Ave and Pelletstown Ave is also dangerous as people take the corner fast, often on the wrong side of the road. I have seen several near misses.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Hi

Just wondering did anyone get the the AGM of the management company, I think it was on Tuesday, I forgot about it myself. If so it would be great to hear some feedback

/Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

I have seen several cars driving at speed from Phelan Ave along Phelan Park up onto the path(!) to the left of the barrier to get onto Bridge Avenue.

The corner of Phelan Ave and Pelletstown Ave is also dangerous as people take the corner fast, often on the wrong side of the road. I have seen several near misses.

They need to open that side entrance.

No reason why not to at this stage apart from the builders conveniently using that space to park their cars

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Actually sorry I think it was the AGM of the residents committee

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

mooninite1 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Got an appointment for a viewing of the limited release this weekend. Has anyone aly information on what houses are being released? Also, can anyone who has already bought recommend a solicitor - assuming I manage to get one I'd like to use somebody who's already dealt with a few sales in this development. Maybe I'm being naïve but I imagine it should cut down on messing around.

Thanks

from previous page

Fyi : €360k will be the ash houses with one car space . €370 for two spaces. Nr 11 & 12 is not for sale. Not sure if nr 2 will be up for sale but if it is id imagine it would be less than €360

The Iris at the end is 365k (poor back garden positioning)

Did SF give you any more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

According to the planning permission documentation, it's supposed to be a two-way road, with stop signs on either end. It's designated as a residential road (lowest level of a road, a step below the residential access road), and for mixed use by vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians. I'm not sure how that's going to be enforced, though. Still, if the speed bumps from the main road are removed, many people may find it more convenient to stay off Phelan Avenue, with its dog-leg turn on one end and the stop signs.
    minkey wrote: »
    Actually sorry I think it was the AGM of the residents committee
    We went to the community committee meeting. There were maybe 20 people, half of which were either committee members or invited representatives (a Garda community rep, DCC, a TD, social housing liaison and others). The entire 1.5 hours discussion boiled down to five main issues:

1. There needs to be more neighborly social activity. That'll keep kids out of trouble and people more friendly to each other. There are high hopes for us (new development residents), as owner-occupiers have a longer time frame to stay and normally show higher community participation levels. DCC is willing to sponsor community activities, but people need to come with ideas and get good attendance.

2. There is concern about safety, especially after the petty crime wave in Rathborn village. The Garda rep told us that they are severely understaffed in Cabra, and so unless a crime is reported (to the central dispatch, not the Cabra Garda station), they may took a long time to respond to things like antisocial behavior.

3. Lots of people have been pushing for more bicycle usage, to ease the traffic. The council already approached Dublin Bikes about that, and they expressed concern about the quality of the path from RCP to Phibsborough, especially after DCC killed the greenway project there. Even though nobody spelled it out, I had the strong feeling that nobody expected the path to be improved in any way by the time Luas opens.

4. A new primary school is supposed to open in September, along River Road on an empty spot between RCP and Rathborn villages. However, the Rathborn community rep expressed considerable frustration from dealing with the Dept of Education, and he had his doubts about the school. Apparently, the land for the school was not even purchased yet.

5. There were constant calls for more participation from residents. The committee would love to see more members, with ideas and organizational drive, and we were told by pretty much everybody to lobby for every improvement we want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Any update on the train stop? Any future commitment to the greenway cycle path even if it's after the luas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

cronos wrote: »
    Any update on the train stop? Any future commitment to the greenway cycle path even if it's after the luas?

There's no funding for either of those projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

markpb wrote: »

Any plans for when there will be funding?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FSMPastafarian

I can tell you that getting young kids into the car can be scary given the proximity of the cars etc on the avenue which move at speed. I wouldn't wish the same on the residents who live alongside  Phelan Park.

Cheers

I noticed that some of the roads don't have paths on them, this is particularly an issue for some of the people in the end of terrace houses, they have to cross the road and then cross back again to get from their car to their front door, or walk down the road. It is on the site plans but I hadn't noticed till I visited the completed phases, I saw it on River Drive, Phelan way and Phelan park, on the site plan I can see it on Hamilton way also. I'm surprised this is permissable, it looks dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

markpb wrote: »
    I have seen that someone recently moved some construction machinery next to the pile of rails by the old level crossing. I wonder what that's about.

In any case, there was no word on funding, but there was a little talk about replacing the level crossing at Ashtown. To me, this would indicate that the railways may have a little money to throw around. In addition, that would make our road the only access to Rathborn village until a potential level crossing is completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 dor1971

Yes. I have seen this also. This will only worsen once they open Phelan Park up. I am trying to canvass opinion from residents so we can come to a conclusion that works for all of us in terms of safety and quality of life. Prior to our development going up Phelan Park didn't exist as a through way between the aprtments and Bridge Ave so if it remains closed on safety grounds no one is loosing out and everyone gains as it will make for a much safer and quiter environment for all concerned.

Advertisement