Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen who sued soccer club for trauma after he was dropped loses case

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'd be due about 3.5 million after all the teams I was dropped from down the years

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

This country.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Life is going to be very hard for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

This is actually worse than the "knocked knee off table" case, jesus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

uch wrote:
    I'd be due about 3.5 million after all the teams I was dropped from down the years
    Drinks on you back in the clubhouse so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

Can we as a society agree to ban the term "snowflake"?

Makes me twitch a little every time I read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's a bit of a harsh thread title.
    Plain to see the kid's Dad has a lot to answer for and needs to take a step back, as suggested by the judge also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Sounds as much the Father as the kid. Anybody that has children playing football will know the type of nuts that you can encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

jackwigan wrote:

Do you want to build a snowman?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seems the dad is a "my way or the highway" kinda guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What a role model that dad is. Poor young lad, can only imagine the slagging he has been getting because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Red Eyes

You would feel sorry for the kid, all he wanted to do was play football with his friends and his dad ruined it for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

jackwigan wrote: »

You poor little snow.......................oh sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

jester77 wrote: »
    What a role model that dad is. Poor young lad, can only imagine the slagging he has been getting because of this.

That'll toughen him up for when he's playing in front of packed stadiums in the premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Bunch of cúnts!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Probably more the Dad than the boy. Psycho sports dads are the absolute worst.

I remember being accosted by a psycho dad when I was 14 for shouldering his boy out of the way in a hurling match. Fcuker came onto the field and had intentions to harm me before he was hauled off by other adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭cml387

I was always picked last for kickabouts at school.
    I never recovered from the stigma.
    However now I see some hope. $$$$$$$$!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Nope. It perfectly describes these weak minded, self-centred, narcissistic idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tayschren

Post traumatic stress for not being picked for the team,

ah heeer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Father totally at fault here. This type lives their own miserable failed soccer career through their children.

Poor child for having a father like that, he'll now be forever known for this especially in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Poor kid. His parents sound like a fncking nightmare. They sound like incredibly entitled gob****es who thought that they were the kings of the club and threw tantrums when their son wasn't getting special treatment.

I expect when he was managing the team, his son got to play every match, a full 90 minutes, no matter how good or bad he was playing, or whether he was in good form, or dying of a cold.

Then he was replaced and lost the head because the new manager refused to give his son special treatment.

I'm glad they got a dose of reality, though my experience of narcissism like this is that they'll just blame the court for being wrong or biased against them. It's never their fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Poor son and wife. The dads behaviour smacks of a controlling person - im sure this is only the tip if the iceberg with this man.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

there is a fifteen-year-old boy at the center of this story, no doubt he will have to take a lot of stick that isn't his, let's remind ourselves this is where minding mental health comes to the fore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Snowfleck?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That poor kid :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My kid didn't make a basketball team and telling her when I'd gotten the email was one absolutely horrible experience.

We were actually in a little bit of shock as she's an unbelievable player for her age but it was one hour of trials for this particular team and she badly injured her finger in that hour.

Did I sue? Did I fcuk. Did I try to convince them to give her another chance because she'd been injured? Of course not. And I certainly didn't tell her it was the fault of the people judging the trials either.

What I did do was email the coach, thank him for his time, and ask him for feedback on her performance that day to improve her chances at her next trials. I also brought her to the game she missed out on so that she could cheer her friends on.

I was very positive with her but also told her if she really wanted this, she would need to work extra hard and train extra smart. She upped her game big time and ended up with an invite to play in the states during the summer.

You teach your kids to work for what they want, not to stamp their feet and whinge about whose fault it was that they missed out. You're doing them absolutely no favours in the long run by wrapping them up and molly coddling them like that.

This is completely down to the father, and I wouldn't judge the child on it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Would imagine lots of this stems to the father feeling he has missed out on €€€€ from his son going across the water.

Seen it happen a plenty, albeit never going to court over.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Skyfarm wrote: »
    there is a fifteen-year-old boy at the center of this story, no doubt he will have to take a lot of stick that isn't his, let's remind ourselves this is where minding mental health comes to the fore

He's 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

It makes me twitch every time I hear what they come out with. When describing this kind of nonsense, the word is a good one. It's the father who it applies to, of course, for all we know the kid has been "persuaded" to go along with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Costs yet to be awarded. Hopefully the father has to pay them all because I doubt a local underage soccer team is rolling in it. If not, all the kids will suffer when the club goes under.

Advertisement