Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen who sued soccer club for trauma after he was dropped loses case

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I coach an under 11 GAA team - same lads from about 5 years of age. It's great to see them progress through the nursery to where they are now.

But my god sone of the parents. Some are absolute nutters. One mother had a full blown argument with me over a goal I had siallowed while refereeing a match - the lads must have been 7 at the time. The ball didn't cross the line, except for that nut case who came across the pitch to have it out. Recently, 2 or the lads clashed on the training pitch - pretty harmless incident, except that dad of the aggrieved kid came running out on the pitch, saying his kid should chin the other kid. Coach and dad nearly can to blows over it and as far as I know like doesn't attend anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

pilly wrote: »
    Tbf they could have been bullying him online and in school but this again was down to his parents making a show of him.

Well, if he was being bullied, his parents making a show of him would be no excuse for subsequent bullying. My gut feeling though is that bullying didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I coach an under 11 GAA team - same lads from about 5 years of age. It's great to see them progress through the nursery to where they are now.

But my god sone of the parents. Some are absolute nutters. One mother had a full blown argument with me over a goal I had siallowed while refereeing a match - the lads must have been 7 at the time. The ball didn't cross the line, except for that nut case who came across the pitch to have it out. Recently, 2 or the lads clashed on the training pitch - pretty harmless incident, except that dad of the aggrieved kid came running out on the pitch, saying his kid should chin the other kid. Coach and dad nearly can to blows over it and as far as I know like doesn't attend anymore.
    Chin the other kid, did he actually say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Chin the other kid, did he actually say that?

Not quite, but told his kid to hit the other kid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Someone on the Neil prendeville show (probably the father) texted in, that they should set up a gofundme page for the familys legal bills.....FFS if anyone donates a cent to it.....but looking at the RedFm page There's a lot sympathising with the family

• Advertisement

Wow well that sounds pathetic. If someone called the terrorist in London who drove his car at people some nasty names would you side with them too?

Bizarre leap there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Someone on the Neil prendeville show (probably the father) texted in, that they should set up a gofundme page for the familys legal bills.....FFS if anyone donates a cent to it.....but looking at the RedFm page There's a lot sympathising with the family

Sympathy is like rain-there's often tons of it.

But sympathy and money does not equal the same thing-the moment you go 'hey, can you lend us a few quid to help us out'...people slowly but surely go silent.
    If the kid is getting paid via Waterford United, he has a few euro to spare, as does the dad, I imagine. That psychologist wasn't cheap.

Also, gofundme pages have a limit, and also if someone finds the page goal/ founder questionable, then gofundme can shut it down and refund the money. That has happened before.
    I imagine that yeah, it was probably a 'family friend' who texted in that message. Either that, or the 'psychologist'.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Has that 'psychologist' featured in an unrelated court case today?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Am I taking a giant leap of a notion here or are the sort of people who post 10+ pics up daily of their "adorable" mites on Facebook nutter sports parents in the making?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Has that 'psychologist' featured in an unrelated court case today?

I saw that too. The tumblr post referenced a few pages back gave Dr Ward as one of her aliases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Mother of sweet divine....that is just bizarre.

Advertisement