Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The One About Optimum Strategies for Co-Op Content...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Essentially this boils down to their being no compelling argument for me to change.

Most of the Raids now are habitual and pattern-like. I'm not going f**king with the system on the off chance a Heavy Synth is on cooldown or all of my weapons need relaoding at the same time yadda yadda. I don't really care if it's 10% more DPS if its ineffective and means I might die more likely or have to change up my approach, positioning etc.

Maybe if I was less stuck in my ways I'd be more open to this stuff. But I've seen way too many "Let's try xyz" ideas pop up and usually be ineffective and end up wasting time. Optimum strats don't always have to be max DPS, most times utility and comfort and other factors tie into it

Booooooo Warpath Boooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Oh I'd agree 100%, I wouldn't change from Dark Drinker. It's far more versatile, reliable, and not to mention a safer choice when you think of rockets in bubbles or back of someone's head. But purely on the science DPS side of things I'm curious to see how it stacks up.

RNsIzuv.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Can I just say that if anyone is stuck as to what primary to use on Aksis, I was using the burning eye last night with the explosive rounds and it was doing alot of damage to him compared to anything else I tried before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,969 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Can I just say that if anyone is stuck as to what primary to use on Aksis, I was using the burning eye last night with the explosive rounds and it was doing alot of damage to him compared to anything else I tried before :)

I stick with Chaos Dogma - keep hitting your crits and you get a massive amount of bullets on him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I stick with Chaos Dogma - keep hitting your crits and you get a massive amount of bullets on him.

I deleted my chaos dogma :P So if you don't have one its a very good alternative in terms of DPS to him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I like this..

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/665801/forget_about_dps_in_wotm_it_doesnt_matter/

I think for vosik and aksis, people worry too much about DPS. Vosik is going to be three phase anyways so more than enough time to do damage. Did it yesterday and for the 2nd phase we had to hold off on damage.

Aksis, as been said I think the sword is just too handy to give us, and not to be afraid to you your super.

For one shotting Shanks that's nice and all, but i don't think you'd beat Chaos Dogma for a solid legendary primary on Aksis himself.

syboit wrote: »
    I like this..

I like some of the commentary :pac:
    I've said it once and I'll say it again: this encounter has ruthlessly exposed all the players who have been told "stand here, shoot in that direction" over the years. There are a lot of naked emperors on LFG today.
    Or, "sit on the back of the plate here and don't even shoot your gun" lol.

I like some of the commentary :pac:

Dam you all and your reddit access during work time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Dam you all and your reddit access during work time :pac:

Says the fella who had a PS4 set up at work! :D

nevelator wrote: »
    Says the fella who had a PS4 set up at work! :D

Key word there..... HAD :(

Rightio, I'd like a bit of advice on the Aksis challenge please...

I never did it when it was around the first time as i fecked off on a break. Got it done on Tuesday night, but luck was definitely on everyone's side a bit and it all clicked in. I was bricking it that I'd make a mistake but managed ok with with dumping super and stunning Aksis.

The run last night definitely tells me I'm still not 100% at all on certain parts, the big one being the certainty of where to look, and dump super or begin time to stun.

For a finish my position as empowered is to stand on the the servitor end plate, pretty much waiting to see can i dump super, if I can't then begin DPS or run to stun. Twice last night i was caught out by him coming to my side, and falling short on the stun just reaching his back as it closed.

Suppose i have thoughts and questions. Some thoughts include the convenience of a shoutout from anyone who sees the direction he teleports in or his final teleport destination. I know that's not a requirement but i think it's helpful for all. At least one wipe i caused was a run where he teleported after the stun/DPS phase and there was silence on the comms until i broke it saying i wouldn't make it. That's not an excuse, but rather a fault on my part and I'd like to eliminate it. I had decided on left and right (haven't done center yet) was to be standing on the plate with a PoV that sees Aksis where he is now and takes in as much of the rest of the arena as possible, that way i know when he is teleporting and (providing i don't dump super) can see at least one or maybe two possible teleport spots. I suppose question is where i should be looking?? I'm satisfied I'm standing in the right location, and I'm aware of the whoosh animation to hint his movements, just wondering is there something else i can be looking for so I know that i can high tail it when i have to??

PetKing wrote: »

I never did it when it was around the first time as i fecked off on a break. Got it done on Tuesday night, but luck was definitely on everyone's side a bit and it all clicked in. I was bricking it that I'd make a mistake but managed ok with with dumping super and stunning Aksis.

The run last night definitely tells me I'm still not 100% at all on certain parts, the big one being the certainty of where to look, and dump super or begin time to stun.

For a finish my position as empowered is to stand on the the servitor end plate, pretty much waiting to see can i dump super, if I can't then begin DPS or run to stun. Twice last night i was caught out by him coming to my side, and falling short on the stun just reaching his back as it closed.

Suppose i have thoughts and questions. Some thoughts include the convenience of a shoutout from anyone who sees the direction he teleports in or his final teleport destination. I know that's not a requirement but i think it's helpful for all. At least one wipe i caused was a run where he teleported after the stun/DPS phase and there was silence on the comms until i broke it saying i wouldn't make it. That's not an excuse, but rather a fault on my part and I'd like to eliminate it. I had decided on left and right (haven't done center yet) was to be standing on the plate with a PoV that sees Aksis where he is now and takes in as much of the rest of the arena as possible, that way i know when he is teleporting and (providing i don't dump super) can see at least one or maybe two possible teleport spots. I suppose question is where i should be looking?? I'm satisfied I'm standing in the right location, and I'm aware of the whoosh animation to hint his movements, just wondering is there something else i can be looking for so I know that i can high tail it when i have to??

Personally I would say all 3 empowered should be looking at the teleport spot for the slam and only when you know he is not going to your side do you turn for the super slam.

If your on left and he has been slammed and the empowerment switches to you then the only place you have to look is at the super slam plate.

I think there was an assumption last night by Me/Cal/Conovar that all 6 of us knew what were doing 100% and had done it before. It was around an hour in before we realised that wasn't the case. I had to give it a break as I was physically/mentally fatigued, not just with Destiny but overall. Needed to get off the PS4 period.

Nope, scroll up and look at the picture I linked at it shows where you need to stand if you are empowered. If you're left or right, there's a 25% chance you need to slam his head. If you are NOT slamming his head, there's a 50% chance you need to dunk your super into the Plate, but really both Empowered Non-Slammers should do this to mitigate risk
    Some thoughts include the convenience of a shoutout from anyone who sees the direction he teleports in or his final teleport destination. I know that's not a requirement but i think it's helpful for all

Yup, we should have been doing this all the runs, we only weren't cause of assumptions and auto-piloting
    At least one wipe i caused was a run where he teleported after the stun/DPS phase and there was silence on the comms until i broke it saying i wouldn't make it. That's not an excuse, but rather a fault on my part and I'd like to eliminate it. I had decided on left and right (haven't done center yet) was to be standing on the plate with a PoV that sees Aksis where he is now and takes in as much of the rest of the arena as possible,

You're probably too far away in that case. Hence why you failed that jump to him. Stand on the Yellow stripey area it shows in the pic above.

that way i know when he is teleporting and (providing i don't dump super) can see at least one or maybe two possible teleport spots. I suppose question is where i should be looking?? I'm satisfied I'm standing in the right location, and I'm aware of the whoosh animation to hint his movements, just wondering is there something else i can be looking for so I know that i can high tail it when i have to??

The 3 Non-empowered players should be on this, as/before they throw the last bomb.

We would have got it done last night if we'd bothered having the common sense to actually ask you and cuhlcannon if ye knew what ye were doing (fiachra was new to it too) and if I wasn't so tired/preoccupied.

We could have spent 5-10 mintues discussing it, instead we just started doing runs as we all on different wavelengths. At least we weren't dying to trash mobs last night as much as we were on Tuesday

my opinion:

The people left and right should be standing on the yellow hatched mark on the ground - look towards the centre. At this point of the encounter I don't think there are any shanks etc around so the only red on your radar will be aksis. If red pops to your side, aksis is there. If it doesn't, he isn't.

For the centre person I would stand on the box near the pillar. I would look towards the plate (as that is tougher to get to from here than the pit). Keep an ear out for calls and on your radar for the red ping.

Also, I don't think the centre back plate lights up when Aksis is in the pit (I could be wrong, but that is how it was before) so if you are looking at your plate and it lights up Aksis isn't in the pit and you need to get to the plate. If it doesn't light up, turn to the pit and bolt it if you need to.

my opinion:

The people left and right should be standing on the yellow hatched mark on the ground - look towards the centre. At this point of the encounter I don't think there are any shanks etc around so the only red on your radar will be aksis. If red pops to your side, aksis is there. If it doesn't, he isn't.

Technically (and this happened a couple times the last 2 nights, so worth mentioning) there can be the odd 8th and 9th servitor still hanging around messing with your radar, but as long as people are aware of that, it's fine
    Also, I don't think the centre back plate lights up when Aksis is in the pit (I could be wrong, but that is how it was before) so if you are looking at your plate and it lights up Aksis isn't in the pit and you need to get to the plate. If it doesn't light up, turn to the pit and bolt it if you need to.

It does light up. But generally speaking the "light up" animation begins late and takes a while to be visible. Best to just have both Empowered Non-Slammers Holding Square on their plates like a mad-mad until they either see the animation or see the notification in the bottom left.

Middle should be focusing (i.e. looking at, getting ready to run to) Front-Centre as it's a bigger trek if he teleports there, if he teles Back-Centre, you should be relatively close to him (hangy floaty floofy jumps aside) and if he goes Left/Right you're near back plate to dump empowered.

Also, don't stand on Back Plate in case he teleports there on top of you and squishes you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

It does light up. But generally speaking the "light up" animation begins late and takes a while to be visible. Best to just have both Empowered Non-Slammers Holding Square on their plates like a mad-mad until they either see the animation or see the notification in the bottom left.

I didn't think that the mid plate lights up when he teleports front mid!

Ahhhh cool, so the one part i was solid on was my complete downfall so!! I was standing on the super plate. Does right side plate feels closer to Aksis' right side teleport point or is that just in my head?

nevelator wrote: »
    I didn't think that the mid plate lights up when he teleports front mid!

Front mid?? I've been calling bottom mid and back mid. Can we call it door mid and Oryx mid to avoid confusion??

• Advertisement

Front mid?? I've been calling bottom mid and back mid. Can we call it door mid and Oryx mid to avoid confusion??

It should be Middle and Back cos the only other options are Left and Right.

If he teleports to Mid the back mid plate will not light up for a super slam.

Font and Back.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Just had to correct that, now you're good. Although, it could be front and back but then we get the old front/back quandary and then left/right switch.

a few things I picked up last when completing the challenge. We just had left and right bomb people only throw 2 bombs so the middle person every time then would be throwing the last one, one voice to get everyone into position and not a mad scramble.

Warpath, sleeper, supers, swords, high impact snipers, doesn't really matter we were still able to do great damage on phase 1, during phase 2 (just like vosik) could take it handy and give extra time to get in positions for slam/supers.

Oh and careful not to drop a canon on the servitor plate! had a couple of times where you couldnt slam cause you'd pick up the canon instead!

Me when people talk about "Middle 7th Bomb" (especially last night) :pac:

tlcm.jpg
    Oh and careful not to drop a canon on the servitor plate! had a couple of times where you couldnt slam cause you'd pick up the canon instead!

Drop.... A Canon.....???

:/

But why?

Drop.... A Canon.....???

:/

But why?

I know, one guy didnt realise, you can still slam with the cannon in hand!

I know, one guy didnt realise, you can still slam with the cannon in hand!

Plus with the raid boots you have more agility to get to slam aksis.

OBVIOUS RAID MECHANIC SPOLIERS BELOW

Said I'd resurrect this for the purposes of discussing Raid and NF tactics

So to get us started, I thought I'd mention what we did for Calus DPS phase.

Coldheart seems like the most viable Exotic for the DPS phase, especially as it's a "gimme"

We took the "Dogs" plate 1st, and went Counter-Clockwise, using and Empowering Rift on both Sun then on Cups.
    This meant we were doing maximum DPS for those 3 plates as we were closer meaning our wepaons were suffereing from less Damage drop off.
    It also meant that, usually, on plate 3 he'd do his "broken" animation ,and we'd get a little more time to damage him during that.
    If you have less than 300 ammo for your Coldheart, consider using it on the 2nd plater for sure, and the 3rd plate too. As it's easier to keep a bead on his the closer you are.
    If you have ~500 Ammo for your Coldheart, you can get off 2 clips on these 2 plates, and one on the 4th. We used mainly primaries and heavies on the 1st plater simply due to the ammo economy

We had 3 Warlocks so one was using Healing Rift for the Claus "Shield/Bomb" phase, this lets you stay alive a bit longer and meant we were able to get stacks of 60-70x Skulls fairly easily and I'm sure than number will increase next time
    We had one person (me) in Team Teleport run a rocket Launcher heavy, this more or less knocks 40% of his shield off, so handy to use it if you're having issues and you think he's gonna wipe ye or Team Suck are having health or ammo issues and you need to get them out.

OBVIOUS RAID MECHANIC SPOLIERS BELOW

Said I'd resurrect this for the purposes of discussing Raid and NF tactics

So to get us started, I thought I'd mention what we did for Calus DPS phase.

Coldheart seems like the most viable Exotic for the DPS phase, especially as it's a "gimme"

We took the "Dogs" plate 1st, and went Counter-Clockwise, using and Empowering Rift on both Sun then on Cups.
    This meant we were doing maximum DPS for those 3 plates as we were closer meaning our wepaons were suffereing from less Damage drop off.
    It also meant that, usually, on plate 3 he'd do his "broken" animation ,and we'd get a little more time to damage him during that.
    If you have less than 300 ammo for your Coldheart, consider using it on the 2nd plater for sure, and the 3rd plate too. As it's easier to keep a bead on his the closer you are.
    If you have ~500 Ammo for your Coldheart, you can get off 2 clips on these 2 plates, and one on the 4th. We used mainly primaries and heavies on the 1st plater simply due to the ammo economy

We had 3 Warlocks so one was using Healing Rift for the Claus "Shield/Bomb" phase, this lets you stay alive a bit longer and meant we were able to get stacks of 60-70x Skulls fairly easily and I'm sure than number will increase next time
    We had one person (me) in Team Teleport run a rocket Launcher heavy, this more or less knocks 40% of his shield off, so handy to use it if you're having issues and you think he's gonna wipe ye or Team Suck are having health or ammo issues and you need to get them out.

Ammo is a nightmare when it comes to Calus. It got so bad I had nothing to kill him with at all. I ended up having to fist him.

• Advertisement

On Team Suck, I took the left side, and hugged the left side of the arena all the way I think. Took out the left Psion the first two rounds (followed by left projection and then right if needed). On rounds 3 and 4, I swapped to shooting the RIGHT psion, with the player on the right swapping to shoot the one on the left - this is due to psions going in to cover. Shooting across the arena negates the cover.

Psion first, Projection after.

I was running Titan, and was using rally barricade at the skulls phase - along with Actim War Rig and an Auto Rifle, giving me high ammo up time.

Ammo is a massive issue for Team Suck though, imo.

Advertisement