Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stenomattia

SF, depending on whom you speak to, are saying that next phase will be released either before or after the summer, with only 1 choice of 3 beds and 1 choice of 4 beds, which is not what I've seen in RCP and on the plan brochure. Also that there will be more phases afterwards, don't know when. They do not seem to have a good idea of what's coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

SF, depending on whom you speak to, are saying that next phase will be released either before or after the summer, with only 1 choice of 3 beds and 1 choice of 4 beds, which is not what I've seen in RCP and on the plan brochure. Also that there will be more phases afterwards, don't know when. They do not seem to have a good idea of what's coming up.

They told us in the queue for the last the last phase that the next phase would be released in about 3-4 months, that was February, the old show houses are no longer accessible so they cannot release them until at least they have built 19 Royal Canal Ave as that is the new show house. So SF probably don't know an exact date yet.

With regards to the house types that doesn't make sense, it's possible for the 4 beds as maybe they are holding back 1 type, but there are 3 types for the 3 beds.

The following phases are the apartment blocks.

It's a long read but there are lots of useful links in previous pages to site plans and local are plans etc which are hugely informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

There's another phase of houses after this one. It's a long block facing onto Camden avenue and a row of houses behind. Basically a strip on the far side of centra.

It's under a different planning application and you can see all the details on dublin city councils planning portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

There's another phase of houses after this one. It's a long block facing onto Camden avenue and a row of houses behind. Basically a strip on the far side of centra.

It's under a different planning application and you can see all the details on dublin city councils planning portal.

Very interesting, I thought I had looked through all the planning documents but I never spotted that. Do you have a link or document number please?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

Hi, I moved in in December and just found the thread, glad to see so many with the same issues/comments as me.

I've seen a few people asking about hiring someone for snagging so thought I'd share my experience.

I got a visual snagging done on my property by a 3rd party. They carried out an inspection of building regulations compliance, opened and checked the drains, etc.

One of the most significant items they flagged was that they identified that Ballymore had concreted over/covered up vents on the bottom of the external wall, this was primarily in the back of the property. I would have no clue but it seems that on timber framed properties you need to have cavity vents, these are at a minimum at the top and bottom of the property and you could clearly see that they had been installed in the back but then covered over by paving and concrete. They can be put in retrospectively, and it's a quick job but Ballymore told me it was done so I would close and it wasn't, again more chasing.

They did include a note that that there was no visual evidence of pyrite swelling notes in the ground floors.

The flat roof outside the master bedroom was filled with rubble which had to be removed and similar to other posters here, I've noted that it's still not fully clear causing some ponding of water.

As mentioned issues with the floor, both holes and lumps of concrete.

I was missing a button on one window and I didn't notice it before closing but one of my windows had a different lock to all the others so the key wouldn't work and it took nearly a month of back and forth to finally get someone out to look at it. It appears they just replaced the lock but I've no clue tbh because after all the badgering once they finally went to look at it I never heard from them again. Either way I wasn't able to lock the window for over a month.

In total is was around the €475 mark, lots of what they picked up I noticed myself but it was good for me to have that level of comfort that the items I was raising weren't trivial. The note about the venting I'd never have picked up and can't imagine many other people did.

In terms of costs for bits and bobs:
    The issue of the doors was unexpected and a bit of a pain.
    Blinds - roller blinds, blackout on everything but the ground floor - around €1,500
    Alarm - wireless €400 plus €250ish for a year's monitoring
    Carpet - everywhere except the kitchen in one colour - around the €2,200 mark, one thing to note about carpet is that the spindles of the stairs go straight into the step, this means the carpet has to be bound on one side. Easily done by my guys but it meant 1 day out fitting and measuring them, then they took the stairs part away and had them bound and had to come back another day. Plus another €200+ cost.

Since I'm sharing thought I'd check - the vent in the downstairs toilet is the only active (triggered by the lights) vent right? all the others are passive?

• Advertisement

Arbie wrote: »
    Very interesting, I thought I had looked through all the planning documents but I never spotted that. Do you have a link or document number please?

It's permission 2217/15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

All vents are active mechanical vents. Are you sure the isolation switch is set correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Can I please get some tiler and carpet recommendations? Prices paid would also be helpful.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Its not looking like snagging of bridge ave will happen on the 24th seeing as there is no word from Ballymore yet and its already the 13th.
    Anyone on Bridge Ave get notification yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

cronos wrote: »
    Can I please get some tiler and carpet recommendations? Prices paid would also be helpful.:)

Hi, i would also be interested in a tiler recommendation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Its not looking like snagging of bridge ave will happen on the 24th seeing as there is no word from Ballymore yet and its already the 13th.
    Anyone on Bridge Ave get notification yet?
    I have been chasing them over the last two weeks for a solid update. Tom is still saying that the plan is to have snagging start on the 24th and that he will confirm via phone next week.

Looking at those houses you'll all be snagging soon. Last two things to be done are the doors on the bin sheds and garden planting and they're both done for most of the houses. Snagging is imminent, I doubt they want to pin it down more closely in case of something unexpected.

You'll be moving in in six weeks.

Was up that side of town today so went for a spin past Bridge Avenue. Yes, they are looking close to being ready.
    I even had a look in the window of one or two!

I was disappointed with how rough the windows and front door were on some.
    Around the windows, the rubber seal looks uneven, pinched in places (see below picture). I hope this was just a case where they wanted to get the house sealed and will come back to tidy it up. if not, then its a job for the snagger.

The window frame was also scratched and scuffed up, i hope they will be repainted.
    The front door on another was all scratches also.

33996142836_9d3f1b93a6_c.jpg
    Scratches on window frame

33193921374_eec5960ecf_c.jpg
    front door scratches

33224727113_ba3de419d5_c.jpg
    seal around the window pinched in

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

Was asked about carpet pics. Black carpet with grey flecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Beata K

Hi, I have a question for those who already live in new houses. What you can say about kitchen appliances? Are you happy with quality? Special question for ceramic hob and oven. I've received list for upgrades but I can't find those two appliances. Don't now brand and model number doesn't appear in gooogle. Any comments, please?

Beata K wrote: »
    Hi, I have a question for those who already live in new houses. What you can say about kitchen appliances? Are you happy with quality? Special question for ceramic hob and oven. I've received list for upgrades but I can't find those two appliances. Don't now brand and model number doesn't appear in gooogle. Any comments, please?

The hob and extractor fan are quite basic. If we could go back in time we would have upgraded. The oven is fine, although the timer is a manual knob rather than an electronic display.

Supposedly it's cheap as chips. We decided to upgrade after taking a closure look at the show house, items like the fridge and dishwasher were in a bad way. Also very little point in going for an A rated house and installing F rated appliances.

What are you thinking about getting?

Arbie wrote: »
    The hob and extractor fan are quite basic. If we could go back in time we would have upgraded. The oven is fine, although the timer is a manual knob rather than an electronic display.

When you say you were thinking of upgrading, does that mean ballymore will just charge the difference between the cheap appliances and better ones, or do you foot the full bill yourself?

When you say you were thinking of upgrading, does that mean ballymore will just charge the difference between the cheap appliances and better ones, or do you foot the full bill yourself?

Hi, when you contact kitchen supplier and ask about appliances they provide you with a list of four brands, one model each, to upgrade. Prices should be ballance between new and standard but I think in some cases is almost full price.
    For appliances which I could find and compare functions and efficientcy rates are the same, only difference is a price of brand.

Hi, when you contact kitchen supplier and ask about appliances they provide you with a list of four brands, one model each, to upgrade. Prices should be ballance between new and standard but I think in some cases is almost full price.
    For appliances which I could find and compare functions and efficientcy rates are the same, only difference is a price of brand.

Thanks. It's annoying that this is not made clear in any documentation.

The whole way through the process of buying its a mission of discovery, having to discover, mostly via this thread and mails to ballymore if we can change things, or if there are options for things like doors etc.

This should all have been included in some Kind of welcome pack provided when we signed the contract.

A little organization from ballymore and Sherry Fitz would have made the whole process quite pleasant, instead of frustrating and a little stressful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

It'd probably make most sense to just stick with what they install and upgrade to new ones in a few years if they are more or less the same functionality and efficiency wise. Its one less expense that can be kicked down the road especially if they are charging up to full price again just to swap brands.

It was similar with the worktop for us, we asked regarding stone/granite, and got a ballpark of 1800 to 2500 for the cheapest one. Decided to just stick with the minerva for now and if its really crap, Ill replace it in the future at probably the same cost or maybe even less from another supplier if shopping around. Its not worth getting them to do it at an inflated price.

From what I can see regarding the kitchen suppliers, its head ache for them to change stuff from the default install, so they charge you through the teeth to deter you.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Hi

Re the kitchen, Id probably agree with slayerking

I would say the appliances are probably pretty basic alright. The Fridge is the 70/30 style, so not a big freezer. The dishwasher is OK, I have no problems with it, and the cooker and microwave do the job. To be honest I just took the attitude I was getting these appliances for free, so I was not really too concerned about the exact spec, it was pretty low on my list of priorities. I didn't even know there was an upgrade option. I think Ill be happy enough to replace things as they need to be with possibly higher spec appliances in the future, but for now its just something I don't need to think about or worry about
    I do wish we could have had a stove, in the plans I think some of the houses had a chimney and solar panels added in originally, but maybe its not allowed, or interfered with the BER.
    Worktop, again I have no problem with this. I find its easy enough to keep clean , but I'd say if you are a fan of the granite it might be worth it to get that installed now rather than later , it probably depends what you are used too.

minkey wrote: »
    Hi

Re the kitchen, Id probably agree with slayerking

I would say the appliances are probably pretty basic alright. The Fridge is the 70/30 style, so not a big freezer. The dishwasher is OK, I have no problems with it, and the cooker and microwave do the job. To be honest I just took the attitude I was getting these appliances for free, so I was not really too concerned about the exact spec, it was pretty low on my list of priorities. I didn't even know there was an upgrade option. I think Ill be happy enough to replace things as they need to be with possibly higher spec appliances in the future, but for now its just something I don't need to think about or worry about
    I do wish we could have had a stove, in the plans I think some of the houses had a chimney and solar panels added in originally, but maybe its not allowed, or interfered with the BER.
    Worktop, again I have no problem with this. I find its easy enough to keep clean , but I'd say if you are a fan of the granite it might be worth it to get that installed now rather than later , it probably depends what you are used too.

Thank you all for advices. I think I will go either standard.

I don't know unfortunately as we found it very difficult to get any info from them.
    Thanks. It's annoying that this is not made clear in any documentation.

The whole way through the process of buying its a mission of discovery, having to discover, mostly via this thread and mails to ballymore if we can change things, or if there are options for things like doors etc.

This should all have been included in some Kind of welcome pack provided when we signed the contract.

A little organization from ballymore and Sherry Fitz would have made the whole process quite pleasant, instead of frustrating and a little stressful.

We felt the same way. SherryFitz told us things then Ballymore said the opposite, each blaming the other and then eventually blaming us. The overwhelming impression was that they did not want to offer any modifications at all as it causes them more work, more hassle, and potentially delays.

This thread is great for info and will hopefully help people avoid some of our mistakes.

You're not getting free appliances, you're paying for them in the cost of the house. I paid a flat fee for 5 years service when I bought a car a few years back and every time I bring it into get serviced they threat it like a freebie. Same kinda attitude when it comes to this. You are paying for it, you've a right to quality. I had very strong opinions on this when it came to the kitchen after spending the best part of ten years in rented accommodation putting up ****e appliances. For us I decided the exact make and model to be installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Manion wrote: »
    You're not getting free appliances, you're paying for them in the cost of the house. I paid a flat fee for 5 years service when I bought a car a few years back and every time I bring it into get serviced they threat it like a freebie. Same kinda attitude when it comes to this. You are paying for it, you've a right to quality. I had very strong opinions on this when it came to the kitchen after spending the best part of ten years in rented accommodation putting up ****e appliances. For us I decided the exact make and model to be installed.

But you paid for those new model appliances with no discount for the fact you had already paid for the previous shi*** ones?

There was a discount applied for not taking any of the standard appliances, I couldn't tell you the exact amount. But I also took into account that I could avoid the cost of having an electrician or plumber call out to install new appliances down the road. The price from them was bang on as I was able to do direct comparisons.

If the Kitchen crowd refuse to discount now, grand, still request the upgraded appliances and also demand delivery of the standard, but not fitted. Then sell them on DoneDeal or the the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss Lemon

Has anyone heard anything today in relation to timing of snagging for Bridge Avenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NebPlanders

Hi there I've bought in Royal Canal park wondering if anyone has measurements for the Ash by room as looking to get a few quotes on flooring- any recommendations? Also looking for a decent snagger - all help appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Not a peep on Snagging, It is getting annoying.

Advertisement