Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with 4K tv 16 months old

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,147 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dublin Met small claims will now accept any contact at all from the retailer as a willingness to defend and require a court hearing, which you must attend. Makes the entire process far less useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

L1011 wrote: »
    Dublin Met small claims will now accept any contact at all from the retailer as a willingness to defend and require a court hearing, which you must attend. Makes the entire process far less useful.

I be Dealing with the court in Cork city not Dublin. As bought online. Makes it more painful for them to have to come down to cork city for the day for court .....

Woop my application has been approved by the Small Claims Registrar and changed to a Claim Issued. What does that mean .

Question for people on this ?. How long would it take now for them to get back its 15th days once the letter gos out from the court ?.

Needs to go to Initiating Document Served before the 15 days start counting.

Needs to go to Initiating Document Served before the 15 days start counting.

Thanks for that how long would that normally take ?.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't know for Cork, I've only ever used Kildare (quick enough - but years ago) and Dublin Met (14 days in my current go)

So update and question so court Docs have been issued so that means power city have 15 days now to reply to them dosint it ?.

They where issued on the 8th.

Yeah. 15 calendar days, not working. The courts offices will likely be open for at least one of the three working days after Christmas - give them a ring then and if nothing is in push for it to be found in default.

Yeah. 15 calendar days, not working. The courts offices will likely be open for at least one of the three working days after Christmas - give them a ring then and if nothing is in push for it to be found in default.

Perfect then as power city have sent out a letter to me from last week and they said on it we are repairing all these parts and bringing it back to what it should be like.

Then at the end nope we sadly wont be replacing it as we cant at this time as a repair can be issued.

Hope i get it fixed soon. As being honest i just wont my money back now to buy a new TV and put more towards it and get something better then this crap LG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭XsApollo

They have 15 days to reply.
    If they don't reply they admit liability then you have to wait for the sherif to do his work.
    If they do reply and they want to contest it, then both parties will be interviewed and whatever to see if an agreement can be made.
    If ye can't agree Then you will be waiting for a slot in court which can take a while.
    If it goes to court and ruled in your favour then you will get your money back.

Basically if they contest you will be waiting a few months.

If they admit liability by not replying you will be waiting a few months.
    You will get your money back by going the above routes if it goes to court.

What will probably happen if you are not accepting a repair is you will be offered a replacement before it goes to court.
    Which is probably the best option for you if you want it dealt with the quickest way.
    It's within their rights to offer you a replacement so I don't know if it is wise to turn it down and proceed further to get cash back, I'm not sure if you could turn it down , go to court and look for cash would you get it.
    Is it possible you could end up with nothing then I'm not sure on that side of it.
    Someone else might know.

• Advertisement

Give people a update here. Another 7 days and they have not replied its up to i think 12 days now in the system. Crazy that they have refused to reply at this stage. Going to call the court office now and see what they will say to me.

I 1st contacted them the 9th of last month so nearly 2 months at this stage.

All i can say is i will never ever buy anything from power city again in my life as I have never had to deal with people like this in my life. Things have broke on me before over the years say my rights grand they will repair it. I had the repair man out said TV needs to be replaced in his report. Power City refuses to go by the report and will just replace all the parts and not the TV haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Appreciate your updates here!

I'd expect them to admit liability on the last possible day. They'd be laughed out of court in this situation.

Appreciate your updates here!

I'd expect them to admit liability on the last possible day. They'd be laughed out of court in this situation.

Just off the phone with the court office there and they said next step if they don't reply this week will be the 6th of next month.

I know i just never seen a crowd like this in my life its just funny i think. Still cant get over 2 different emails i got from them.

You need to drop what ever issue you have with power city if you wont any help.

Go on go on bring us to court and we are looking forward to the court date with you.

Like I also have in a email that we didnt need to repair your TV the 1st time and that was done in good will. Facepam.

And the fact they said this repair was being done in good will as well and didnt need to as the TV was out of warranty.

I am still useing the TV but its a pain as it flashes grey at random times on the screen and sometimes you just have to turn everything off and leave it ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭glomar

This is the reason why i never buy anything expensive in that store , years ago I saw an elderly couple return a video recorder they purchased the day before and were asked are you sure you didnt drop it or put something you shouldnt have inside ?

FFS , anyway original OP well done with your patience and your perserverence on this . Never give in , never surrender !

glomar wrote: »
    This is the reason why i never buy anything expensive in that store , years ago I saw an elderly couple return a video recorder they purchased the day before and were asked are you sure you didnt drop it or put something you shouldnt have inside ?

FFS , anyway original OP well done with your patience and your perserverence on this . Never give in , never surrender !

Yap sums up power city for you basically been useless and the hardest retail store i have ever dealed with in my life makes pc world and currys like perfect haha.

I am shocked i have not killed someone EG Darren from power city myself at this stage. As he is so rude and imposable to deal with and cant wait to see him go red with anger when he has to refund me the 1100 euros ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Considering they are offering you one of the 3R's, maybe they think they are in solid ground.

davo10 wrote: »
    Considering they are offering you one of the 3R's, maybe they think they are in solid ground.

Yap as it was repaired already they prob think its ok as the TV was repaired once for the same issue and it happened again after 12 months and have the report saying it needs a full replacement as its broke. Good old power city ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Have a similar issue with a LG 55" purchased from Littlewoods lg55uh770v

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057677949/1

Esse85 wrote: »
    Have a similar issue with a LG 55" purchased from Littlewoods lg55uh770v

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057677949/1

:( sadly I tought power city where bad to I seen littlewods 13 days to get someone out to just pick up the TV is nuts. Keep me updated on what they tell is wrong?.

As mine in basically every part but the panel that's need to be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Good to see I don't need to upgrade my opinion on the reliability of LG products.

Either way, best of luck both of you and please keep us informed as its good to share consumer success stories

• Advertisement

Update lads. Day 15 no reply from Power city into the courts or to me.

Now from what i understand i have one the case.

I am not mistaking but dosint the debt go to the local serif now at this stage ?. OR what happens now ?.

Phone the registrar and request that they be found in default. They may ask for that in writing.

Phone the registrar and request that they be found in default. They may ask for that in writing.

Perfect then so dosint that mean i will have to go to the registrar office then and swear on oth or something ?.

I am shocked that power city did not even have the balls to reply to the small claims court. Well to be fair they lost my letter before and then magically found it ..... when i gave them the tracking number.

You shouldn't need to go to the registrar at all (unless things have changed).

Many companies don't reply - the cost of defending an action properly is non-negligible and is not recoverable even if the company wins. I'm unfortunately dealing with a case where the company has replied, in incoherent gibberish but its still a reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Any updates on this one, OP?

Court date in 3 weeks time with them.

Some of the replys to me via the small claims court was a piss take and 1/2.

Have a engnairs report and they replied to me saying there is no fault with the TV and we have no idea what kind of issue I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Good man keeping at it.

Give you a update as court is Friday with them have my day booked off work and all to face them there not going to come from bray to cork ...

Anyway so i got a letter today from them asking me to settle outside of court and they will give 550 euros and I can keep the TV as they said there is notting wrong with the TV at all ......

Being honest don't think i will at all as what good is 550 euros and a broken tv ?. As the TV now is sitting up stairs in my attic on a table broken.

I have got a panasonic DX802 58 inch TV since as I needed a TV. And magically my mac, xbox one and PS4 pro all work perfect in 4K on it ...... Yah the Lg Tv is not broke ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Give you a update as court is Friday with them have my day booked off work and all to face them there not going to come from bray to cork ...

Anyway so i got a letter today from them asking me to settle outside of court and they will give 550 euros and I can keep the TV as they said there is notting wrong with the TV at all ......

Being honest don't think i will at all as what good is 550 euros and a broken tv ?. As the TV now is sitting up stairs in my attic on a table broken.

I have got a panasonic DX802 58 inch TV since as I needed a TV. And magically my mac, xbox one and PS4 pro all work perfect in 4K on it ...... Yah the Lg Tv is not broke ha

Don't accept the money.
    Go yourself, if they don't show they admit liability( not 100% sure on that)
    You will get your cash back.

• Advertisement

XsApollo wrote: »
    Don't accept the money.
    Go yourself, if they don't show they admit liability( not 100% sure on that)
    You will get your cash back.

I am not at all as i have notting to lose going to court I have all the proof and the emails from power city that i need to show to the judge in question of this issue.

Like anyone here ever been to small claims court and how long does it go on for and do you have to wait for long ?.

Advertisement