Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with 4K tv 16 months old

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just got a email from power city after I said i am sending a letter to you and contacting media outlet as they had not replyed to my past 5 emails before that. When they seen that they replyed with in 5 mins... Crazy when you say stuff like that they replay.

Was told the TV repair man will be at mine today.... I belive it when I see it.

I have no faith in power city as the only way you get a replay is if you have to treat them :O. Such bad service I have seen bad but this another lv of bad

Yah no repair man got on to me there.

He is not coming today its now tommarow they are getting someone from cork to look at it if people are wondering.

He was shocked that the TV stand has cracked as a TV stand should have not cracked....

He is only doing a report and not a repair tommarow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Sending a repair person out is fantastic service IMO.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Sending a repair person out is fantastic service IMO.

Never said that was bad service just the fact it took so long to get someone out is what the service is bad.

Just had the repair man in

The TV is f ed in his own words and can't be fixed needs a replacement now waiting for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Just had the repair man in

The TV is f ed in his own words and can't be fixed needs a replacement now waiting for it

Good result, fingers crossed the model is out of stock and you get an upgrade.

Good result, fingers crossed the model is out of stock and you get an upgrade.

O yah it is ha ha 16 months old there is newer models now. Being honest if they agree now i might ask them can i pay extra and get a OLED TV or get a Panasonic again.

The guy was really nice told me loads and told me what TVs to stay away from EG Sony ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

It's good to know you forced their hand OP, well done.

Also good to know you realise this is likely a crappy company policy and not to hold it against staff who are generally just doing what they are told.

Under law I am wondering where do I stand on this?.

I had the repair man out and he agreed to replacement of the tv. This is the repair man power city sent out.

While power city are now saying he never said that and we are repairing it.

Where do I stand?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Under law I am wondering where do I stand on this?.

I had the repair man out and he agreed to replacement of the tv. This is the repair man power city sent out.

While power city are now saying he never said that and we are repairing it.

Where do I stand?.

Get something in writing from the repairman that states how much a repair would be and make sure his business details are on it like an invoice.

• Advertisement

Get something in writing from the repairman that states how much a repair would be and make sure his business details are on it like an invoice.

I have asked for this and they are refusing to give it to me. I have asked 10 times at this stage for a item by item list of what is being repaired in the TV and the cost of fixing it.

The TV was all ready repaired before this for the same issue 12 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I have asked for this and they are refusing to give it to me. I have asked 10 times at this stage for a item by item list of what is being repaired in the TV and the cost of fixing it.

They repaired the exact same issue 12 months ago? Repairs must be permanent. They must now refund or replace. SCC if they do not play ball.

They repaired the exact same issue 12 months ago? Repairs must be permanent. They must now refund or replace. SCC if they do not play ball.

Yap they did all parts where changed 12 months ago. When the TV was 4 months old.

That's good to know I have told them that I a email and have sent them a letter that I will go to the small claims court.

So it wasn't checked by an independent repair business? It was a Power City repair guy.

So it wasn't checked by an independent repair business? It was a Power City repair guy.

It was a business that power city got out to my house. I might give him a call to get the report from him.

It was a business that power city got out to my house. I might give him a call to get the report from him.
    That's exactly what I'd do. Don't ask Power City for the report. Go to the repair guy.

That's exactly what I'd do. Don't ask Power City for the report. Go to the repair guy.

Got the rapir on the phone there.
    . In his own words needs to be replaced. And has the report for me.

There changing the power board main board and stand.

This is costing with Labour 750 euros...

A replacement is 1000 euros.

It has bee repaired small claims court is needed.

I will be buying a Panasonic again after this.

Today Power City will be getting my letter from the small claims court that i sent. I emailed it to them before i sent it to let them know that i was.

I sent another email this morning outlining my rights under irish law and even offering to pay money towards the replacement.

If they refuse this my god i am basically dealing with someone who is worse then hitler and i know for a fact i should win in court.

As the 1st repair did not fix the item. The same issue is there again 12 months later. The Repair man said to power city replace the TV as it nearly costs more to put the parts in it. HE told me in his own words your facing a uphill battle with them. As its gone over the 12 months time frame they will not move on it and to go forward with trying to get a replacement.

The best I have been told by power city was its in good will why we are repairing this TV as its outside of weraantry we do not need to repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Worse than hitler? Really? Yes, they're absolutely in the wrong and their service appears to be appalling, but a bit of perspective wouldn't go astray....

Treadhead wrote: »
    Worse than hitler? Really? Yes, they're absolutely in the wrong and their service appears to be appalling, but a bit of perspective wouldn't go astray....

It's I saying after them refusing everything I offered and basically trying to help them with getting it fixed.

• Advertisement

I will give you a update.

Power City have lost the reg letter i have sent them and do not know who signed for it.......

FACEPAM. I Really don't know anymore. How can you lost a letter and how can you not know who signed for it when i gave them proof ?.

This is power city for you i am expecting this from them now haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I will give you a update.

Power City have lost the reg letter i have sent them and do not know who signed for it.......

FACEPAM. I Really don't know anymore. How can you lost a letter and how can you not know who signed for it when i gave them proof ?.

This is power city for you i am expecting this from them now haha.

The post office will be able to tell you who signed for the letter.

The post office will be able to tell you who signed for the letter.

Yah I have the proof of who signed for it as well to make it worse the issue is power city said they never got the letter haha. And they don't know who signed for it after I gave them the tracking number.

Facepam.

This is coming up to a month now of dealing with this.

Yah I have the proof of who signed for it as well to make it worse the issue is power city said they never got the letter haha. And they don't know who signed for it after I gave them the tracking number.

Facepam.

This is coming up to a month now of dealing with this.

so have you given this persons name to Power City? what did they say?

so have you given this persons name to Power City? what did they say?

Yes I have and are looking into who signed for it. Facepam

Update everyone case has been opened with the Small claims court.

I have told power city that its opened and they found the letter and said in it we are not offering a replacement as the repairman told us the main board, power board and case of tv needs replacement and thats all we are doing to make it fixed. They have sent me on a PDF of the case,

I have told power city that its opened and they found the letter and said in it we are not offering a replacement as the repairman told us the main board, power board and case of tv needs replacement and thats all we are doing to make it fixed. They have sent me on a PDF of the case,

wait, the main board, power board and case need replacing? what else is there? that is the whole tv they are replacing. it would probably be cheaper to give you a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Get a new TV either way however it turns out. Some half boached repaired TV will have a 99.9% chance of failing a few months down the road and the saga starts again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Don't contact power city again, let small claims handle it now.
    They have 15 days to reply to the small claims after they receive the letter If they don't reply then it's the same as admitting liability.
    If you want your money back hold tough.
    Or if you don't mind a replacement they will probably offer you one before it goes further.
    Don't acknowledge an offer of the repair if they try.

• Advertisement

wait, the main board, power board and case need replacing? what else is there? that is the whole tv they are replacing. it would probably be cheaper to give you a new one.

Yes I know ... The repair man said that he does not see the point of repairing it and told me how much it would cost at lest 750 euros for the parts its cheaper to replace it as wait for it he cant repair it as they will have to send someone from Dublin to cork who can work on LG tvs to repair it so in the end near 1000 euros facepam. Basically everything that is not the panel there replacing on the TV.
    Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Get a new TV either way however it turns out. Some half boached repaired TV will have a 99.9% chance of failing a few months down the road and the saga starts again...

Yap thats the plan as i already have 1000 + euros put aside for a new TV. And planing on buying in the next few days.
    XsApollo wrote: »
    Don't contact power city again, let small claims handle it now.
    They have 15 days to reply to the small claims after they receive the letter If they don't reply then it's the same as admitting liability.
    If you want your money back hold tough.
    Or if you don't mind a replacement they will probably offer you one before it goes further.
    Don't acknowledge an offer of the repair if they try.

Thats what i said deal with me via small claims court. I have spoke to the small claims court office and she was laughing at them and even said it will be cheaper to replace the TV once i told her the cost of parts going inside of it.
    they will reply don't worry as they reply to me once i opened my case.

Nope i never said i agree to repair. I said i wont a replacement as the reaper man you sent told me so. Thats what i am due.

I also have said that i will even pay money towards the replacement and they said no to that to.

Advertisement