Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with 4K tv 16 months old

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Thats the plan i am going to call the person who is post to pick up the TV on my coffee break later and see can i get him to pick it up next monday or tusday. Just wont the TV out of the house and be refunded for what I had to go to court with.

They have to have been the worth company i have ever dealt with in my life they are just shocking to deal with they dont show up to court and then dont agree to the court judgement on them.

I replaced the TV 4 months ago with a high end Panasonic (Had one for 5 years before i got the LG never had one issue with it). Touch wood its the same again and the difference between the TVS is crazy. Also makes me think that the panel has issues on the LG as well as everything has a black fog on it when used campare to the Panasonic that is just ultra bright.

Fair play for persevering, credit were it's due. Power City probably hope (and unfortunately most probably do) that people will get fed up and just write off the financial loss. If more people did what you've done maybe PC would change their approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

stimpson wrote: »
    Balls. They messed him about for months and now he's in the driving seat. Stick to your guns OP.

If it was me I'd tell them to come and pick it up but not be there when they arrived. Then ring up complaining that may they never called and you stayed in. I'd keep it up for weeks.

That's pretty sad. You must have some amount of time on your hands. Rather the €1200 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

That's pretty sad. You must have some amount of time on your hands. Rather the €1200 myself.

A phone call takes 5 minutes. I'd rather have the money and some fun at their expense. The court has given its judgement so he's going to get his cash either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Fair play for persevering, credit were it's due. Power City probably hope (and unfortunately most probably do) that people will get fed up and just write off the financial loss. If more people did what you've done maybe PC would change their approach.

For sure i say must people just end up droping it if it was less then 100 euros i would have the fact it was a a near 1200 euro tv that did not last 16 months i would not drop that at all as i was expacting 5 years out of it not 16 months.

It has really showed that power city are the biggest cowboys i have ever seen in my life. The Tv was 100 euros cheaper then other places and it was cheaper for a reason as there service is shocking getting told to drop it and we dont have to repair or look at your TV after 12 months after telling them your CR ......

Just a update for everyone again.

I still have the TV in question and have tryed to get it back to them a few times over the last week with there shipping crowd they use and they have not showed up at all to take the TV back. Power City have said where not paying you unless we get the TV back. How can i get a TV back when no one will take it back ?.

I am going to give the court a call later today to go the serfif route as its been nearly 3 weeks since the court order was issued and I have not been paid at all yet for it.

This is just getting more and more painful by the day. If i owed Power City money they be after me on the spot ha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just a update for everyone again.

I still have the TV in question and have tryed to get it back to them a few times over the last week with there shipping crowd they use and they have not showed up at all to take the TV back. Power City have said where not paying you unless we get the TV back. How can i get a TV back when no one will take it back ?.

I am going to give the court a call later today to go the serfif route as its been nearly 3 weeks since the court order was issued and I have not been paid at all yet for it.

This is just getting more and more painful by the day. If i owed Power City money they be after me on the spot ha

Apple, did you pay powercity to deliver the unit to you in the beginning?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Apple, did you pay powercity to deliver the unit to you in the beginning?

Yap I paid I think 20 euros for it to be shipped to me when I bought it online

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yap I paid I think 20 euros for it to be shipped to me when I bought it online

Ah cool, just if you didnt get it delivered they could just say to you that you picked it up in store so you have to get it back to the store yourself etc.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah cool, just if you didnt get it delivered they could just say to you that you picked it up in store so you have to get it back to the store yourself etc.

Would have been handy. But that was when the issue with power city started when they wonted me to pay to ship the TV up and down from cork To dublin to get it looked at in the 1st place.

Now I cant even get them to pick the thing up out of my house ha.

I heard before hand power city where cowboys.

Now after winning in court and having a court order they are even worse then before.

After speaking with power city there.

Told them to pick up the TV otherwise I will be getting my money from the serif as I am not waiting around for you to pick a day to take this tv back.

Guy from power city hung up then called me back 2 mins later saying taking the TV tommarow

Now once they have it back I am giving then a week to hand over the money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Make sure you have something signed to say it was collected.

byte wrote: »
    Make sure you have something signed to say it was collected.

Already Have that set up to prove that the TV was handed back. Just done on up a small doc saying that i have picked up the TV in relation to the power city v TrustedApple small claims case.

TV has been picked up. And got proof that it was picked up by getting it signed and also got a doc from him saying it was signed for.

Now the fun begins to get paid for the TV now and get my 1050 euros back.

The girlfirend told me they powered it on to see does it power on ..... Now that was me wondering that they are going to come back and say the TV is not faulty and that they dont have to pay me at all.

This is going to be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

I wouldn't engage with them any more. Your judgement didn't stipulate the tv had to be returned so that is irrelevant in regards to your judgement amount.

I would just contact the court/sheriff and say they have not been forthcoming in regards giving you a timeline for sending you your cash.

Remember - this isn't a refund - it's a court judgement/award.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

That was some read lol and its still not over.. I should wait for the book and the movie...
    wait, lets hope my TV isnt from power city, otherwise I wont be able to watch the movie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

TV has been picked up. And got proof that it was picked up by getting it signed and also got a doc from him saying it was signed for.

Now the fun begins to get paid for the TV now and get my 1050 euros back.

The girlfirend told me they powered it on to see does it power on ..... Now that was me wondering that they are going to come back and say the TV is not faulty and that they dont have to pay me at all.

This is going to be fun

The time for that was before or during the case. +1 on the above, you don't have to return the goods. Get in contact with the sheriff on Tuesday.

Now the last update I hope.

The bank draft has been got in the court house and is on the way to me at this moment in time I took the court to get them to send me it if anyone is wondering now I hope it clears

We are at the end of this with power city

Today is the revenge of the update. Still no money was told but the court it was sent and still have not got it.

Better yet I just got a txt from power city saying they repaired the TV!!!! Stop now a call to the court tommarow is needed as where the hell is my money and what are power city playing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Today is the revenge of the update. Still no money was told but the court it was sent and still have not got it.

Better yet I just got a txt from power city saying they repaired the TV!!!! Stop now a call to the court tommarow is needed as where the hell is my money and what are power city playing at?

I'd give Joe Duffy's team a call. They love a good consumer issue. It would leave power city red in the face.

I'd give Joe Duffy's team a call. They love a good consumer issue. It would leave power city red in the face.

The court told me they have my money and are posting it there last week when I posted it should take at must 2 days for something to come in cork in the city

• Advertisement

When you get the money you should offer to buy the TV back from them, keep in mind its now a second hand TV thats been repaired, so don't pay too much ;) haha

And make sure you get a warranty ;)

So Update 13432

I have the money now and needs to be lodged into my bank account at the weekend and is now done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

So Update 13432

I have the money now and needs to be lodged into my bank account at the weekend and is now done and dusted.

That was easy! :)

I'm working on the movie script as we speak,

Who should play the part of the OP ?
    the Repair man ?
    The delivery driver ?
    and the baddie from powercity ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I think I've seen that film... starred Silvia Saint IIRC.

I think I've seen that film... starred Silvia Saint IIRC.

Never knew she had issues with her tv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭blade1

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Never knew she had issues with her tv ?

Her box needed attention alright!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is not AH folks

Thanks for the update TrustedApple - well done on chasing this to resolution.

dudara

Advertisement