Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW28 Transfers

• 04-03-2017 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Although I have had glances at it, am having my first proper look now.

8 players, not as bad as I thought.

Could either be a bank, or a WC.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wildcard activated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Zlatan out anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Lukaku in for Ibra and probably a Liverpool mid in for Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pre-wildcard punt time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Pre-wildcard punt time

Or hold and punt with 2 free next week and WC GW30.
    I've 6 with Phillips and no Lukaku and Ibra with a cloud hanging over him.
    A few scenarios to run through.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Thinking Llorente in, just a matter of if it's for Ibra or Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The plan was Aguero to Lukaku but may ditch Ibra instead. Phillips to Grosicki also on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

The plan was Aguero to Lukaku but may ditch Ibra instead. Phillips to Grosicki also on the cards.

Depending on how much breathing space I have pound wise I'll be taking 4/8 pt hit to tidy up team
    Lukaku back in Anyway too dangerous not to next week
    Then chambers out for maybe olson
    Phillips to Brady/grosicki if he isn't fit
    Wouldn't mind llorente too but if i sign Olson I'll have 3 swans already :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Benteke out. Why I still have him I don't know.

Llorente in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Zlatan to Lukaku.

Should have 9 or 10 for next week....the fact that they are all useless is irrelevant at this point in time :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Llorente & Mane in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Firmino and King in for Sterling and Sane is the plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Plan all along was sterling to firmino, only have exact amount.

If ibra I'd suspended I might bring in llorente.
    If that happens I'd then have the cash to finally get rid of Amat for one of the cheap hull defenders. He did give a glimmer of hope with his 1 point cameo today though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Sanchez to Sigurdsson done.

That brings my player count for next gw to 9 (10 if Diomande plays )

Looks like that will be above agerage. :D

Edit: Anyone have any idea when the double gameweeks are set to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

q2ice wrote: »
    Sanchez to Sigurdsson done.

That brings my player count for next gw to 9 (10 if Diomande plays )

Looks like that will be above agerage. :D

Edit: Anyone have any idea when the double gameweeks are set to happen?

Gameweeks 34 and 37 for definite with one other gameweek likely due to cup commitments for some teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sterling out as planned for somebody with a game unless he plays like a man possessed while others wallow.

Probably one other too for a hit. Definitely Zlatan if he gets banned for the gameweek before next GW deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sterling and Kun to

Lorente and Firmino or Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sane to maybe Antonio and 1 other transfer to give me 9 for the gameweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Only have six at the moment so a minus four to get that up to eight is likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Considering something like Kun and Ibra to 2 from the 3 of Afobe, Llorente and Carroll. At least that way I'm not using up value unnecessarily in GW28, and could probably do something like Traore and Snodgrass to Sanchez and Hazard in GW29, if that was what I wanted to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dammit. Who'd have thought Tom Carroll as an ideal cheap 5th mid would cause problems when you want to go for the old Swansea treble up!

Had just about decided I'd get Llorente for Ibra till GW30 till I realised I can't. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My plan was always 2 liv mids currently have none.A -8 incoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hmm hadn't really thought about selling both Ibra and Aguero but it would allow me to do Phillips to Sanchez in 29 and would give me 10 for 28. Llorente and Lukaku in maybe.

Lukaku is almost a must this week I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

theres something very unsettling about the thoughts of getting 2 liverpool mids

any suggestions of a good replacement for capoue....same price range

miller82 wrote:
    theres something very unsettling about the thoughts of getting 2 liverpool mids

any suggestions of a good replacement for capoue....same price range

Josh King

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

looking at a few scenarios....any thoughts :

Option 1

Aguerro ----> Llorente
    Capoue ----> King

Option 2

Aguerro ----> Llorente
    Sterling ----> Firms (have Mane)

Option 3

Stones ---->Suggestions ???
    Capoue ----> King

Option 4
    Stones ---->Suggestions ???
    Sterling ----> Firms (have Mane)

or any other combination of the above :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm holding fire on Aguero. If he explodes over the next 2 then he'll be back in the fixture proof category.

(Helped by Sanchez situation, Ibra upcoming suspension)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I was planning for GW28 but the DGW this week threw my plans a bit askew. I have only 5 and one of those is Phillips. Could take hits but i would want to be pretty sure of returns so not sure what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Only have 6 players. Still in fantasy cup. Should I qualify, would anyone recommend wildcarding to get to eleven?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Only have 6 players. Still in fantasy cup. Should I qualify, would anyone recommend wildcarding to get to eleven?
    Very much short term gain. If you are in a monthly prize league or somehow think the 11 that you get for the next week are long termers then go for it. Personally i would be going for a week punt or changing someone like ibra that could have a ban incoming. Wildcard to shape your team for the run in with dgw in mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭COH

Been hovering endlessly around 250k this season so thinking about taking some chances since feck all to play for really.... a probable -12 of

Kone > Baines
    Sterling > Coutinho
    Aguerro > Llorente
    Stanislas > Firmino

Would mean a full squad for GW28 of:

Foster
    Baines/Brunt/Coleman
    Phillips/Firmino/Coutinho/Mane/Siggy
    Llorente/Lukaku

So triple Pool, triple West Brom, triple Everton and double Swans... Then a wildcard soon after!

When will you know your opponent? I've never concentrated on the cup because I never had a run in it. Does it go to the end of the season meaning you'll have 10 H2Hs to go when chips will be in play almost every week?

Get the "essentials" Siggy Lukaku, (I'm been stubborn with Lukaku atm but he's one of the main captain choices) Liverpool mid and Coleman. If you have them I'd not go beyond a -4. Good Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

COH wrote: »
    Been hovering endlessly around 250k this season so thinking about taking some chances since feck all to play for really.... a probable -12 of

Kone > Baines
    Sterling > Coutinho
    Aguerro > Llorente
    Stanislas > Firmino

Would mean a full squad for GW28 of:

Foster
    Baines/Brunt/Coleman
    Phillips/Firmino/Coutinho/Mane/Siggy
    Llorente/Lukaku

So triple Pool, triple West Brom, triple Everton and double Swans... Then a wildcard soon after!

Not for me. I've never had any success trying to make gains like that from a BGW.

You're going all in, taking a big hit and using your WC to have maybe 3 or 4 more players than average. Not to mention the fact that all your eggs are in a couple of baskets.

Far more advantage from the WC around the DGWs where you can use it to have 3 or 4 more players x2.

If your needing to WC to fix your team do that, but not after a -12. Patience would be my advice. 250k far from terrible at this stage. A run to the top 10k or above is well in your grasp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭COH

FHFC wrote: »
    Not for me. I've never had any success trying to make gains like that from a BGW.

You're going all in, taking a big hit and using your WC to have maybe 3 or 4 more players than average. Not to mention the fact that all your eggs are in a couple of baskets.

Far more advantage from the WC around the DGWs where you can use it to have 3 or 4 more players x2.

If your needing to WC to fix your team do that, but not after a -12. Patience would be my advice. 250k far from terrible at this stage. A run to the top 10k or above is well in your grasp.

You're probably right - combination of stagnant season and whopper hangover does bad things to a mans mind. Logging out of fpl until the mist of stupidity passes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

You're probably right - combination of stagnant season and whopper hangover does bad things to a mans mind. Logging out of fpl until the mist of stupidity passes

Yeah don't do it. Minus 12 is nuts. The best players in the game rarely take hits never mind minus 12s. Hits seem pretty popular on this forum but you rarely hear of the hits that go tits up only the ones which work out - patience is the percentage choice about 90% of the time. If you're making the correct transfers each week then you'll be unlucky needing to take a minus 4. Makes sense for weeks like this (DGW) to take a hit but the odds are against you basically every other week imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

ElTel wrote: »
    When will you know your opponent? I've never concentrated on the cup because I never had a run in it. Does it go to the end of the season meaning you'll have 10 H2Hs to go when chips will be in play almost every week?

Get the "essentials" Siggy Lukaku, (I'm been stubborn with Lukaku atm but he's one of the main captain choices) Liverpool mid and Coleman. If you have them I'd not go beyond a -4. Good Luck

Wouldn't know opponent until two days before that gw starts AFAIK. My 6 are fairly frail only really firmino I'd be happy with no lukaku siggy or Coleman. So I'm thinking 4 sub's shaped towards dgws and my team heavily featuring both Liverpool and Everton.
    There's still gonna be 2k players left after this gw in cup. Looks very likely I'll go through unless Costa (my opponents skipper) goes bananas. So not overly concerned with the cup yet. I have two money leagues to be concerned about so I'd need to keep practical for those rather than trying to win 10 more h2h on the trot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just did Eriksen to Mane and I still have a free transfer. At this time I only have 7 players but I'm finding it hard to pick out someone worthwhile to bring in. I might just stick on 7 and have two FT's for gameweek 29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

PVA out. Coleman In
    Sterling out. Firminho IN

9 playing ( 10 if Holgate plays)

8 if Phillips doesn't play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ibra to Lukaku
    Amat to Fernandez

Have 7 starters now. Tough choice for my wildcard...Llorente or Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Banking, have nine starters next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Has Stan been dropped entirely lads? And Philips?

Wouldn't know opponent until two days before that gw starts AFAIK. My 6 are fairly frail only really firmino I'd be happy with no lukaku siggy or Coleman. So I'm thinking 4 sub's shaped towards dgws and my team heavily featuring both Liverpool and Everton.
    There's still gonna be 2k players left after this gw in cup. Looks very likely I'll go through unless Costa (my opponents skipper) goes bananas. So not overly concerned with the cup yet. I have two money leagues to be concerned about so I'd need to keep practical for those rather than trying to win 10 more h2h on the trot.

My 6 are FM, Brunt, Phillips, Fraser, Mane and Siggy.
    My FT will probably be Ibra to Lukaku and keep him for next 2 games. (Still considering alternatives such as banking and 3 transfers next week etc.)
    I'm WCing soon (and out of Chips) and he's unlikely to be in. Others WCing later may consider Lukaku less or have a planned transfer and this goes for many players atm.

As far as the -12 my first reaction is don't.
    Second reaction is if your taking out a blanker (who you don't want again) and getting a "keeper" then why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭caviardreams

ElTel wrote: »

As far as the -12 my first reaction is don't.
    Second reaction is if your taking out a blanker (who you don't want again) and getting a "keeper" then why not?

Agree iwth this - in a sense if you don't have 11 starters a 4 point hit is probably only a 2 point hit at worst (given they'll get 2 points just for starting) if it's a mid or striker you indeed on keeping, and with the possibility of extra attacking points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Probably Aguero back to Lukaku and Sterling to maybe Barkley or perhaps Firmino. Or might finally take care of Stanislas and bring in King. Don't want a city midfielder due to rotation risk so could take care of Sterling to Alli again or Eriksen in GW 29.

Thinking of -8 to get in Lukaku, Firmino and Olssen. That would give me 7, 8 if Phillips starts. Madness? I would be selling PVA and Benteke so that is fine but Alli to Firmino worth another -4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I'm have 2 Swansea and Everton players, also have 2 West Brom if Phillips is fit and Mane to add to that so I currently have 7 who might start.

Looking at the fixtures beyond GW28, West Ham appear to have decent prospects so the decision will be which of theirs to bring in?
    I will probably need to get rid of Ibra if he is banned but would Carroll be too risky?
    Other considerations would be to bring in Antonio for Phillips (if he is confirmed out) or a West Ham defender for Chambers...
    Anyone have any idea of the Best Hammer to bring in?

Id prefer not to wildcard immediately after the Blank week so whoever I bring in will need to stay in the team for a few weeks.

I'm have 2 Swansea and Everton players, also have 2 West Brom if Phillips is fit and Mane to add to that so I currently have 7 who might start.

Looking at the fixtures beyond GW28, West Ham appear to have decent prospects so the decision will be which of theirs to bring in?
    I will probably need to get rid of Ibra if he is banned but would Carroll be too risky?
    Other considerations would be to bring in Antonio for Phillips (if he is confirmed out) or a West Ham defender for Chambers...
    Anyone have any idea of the Best Hammer to bring in?

Id prefer not to wildcard immediately after the Blank week so whoever I bring in will need to stay in the team for a few weeks.

I would prefer Antonio to Carroll myself but it might be just a personal thing. Every time I had him in my team he was so frustrating.

I'll be getting 11 out with one hit which will be nice:

Jaku
    Coleman Baines Daniels Brunt
    Mane Firmino Siggy King
    Lukaku Barnes

jive wrote: »

Yeah don't do it. Minus 12 is nuts. The best players in the game rarely take hits never mind minus 12s. Hits seem pretty popular on this forum but you rarely hear of the hits that go tits up only the ones which work out - patience is the percentage choice about 90% of the time. If you're making the correct transfers each week then you'll be unlucky needing to take a minus 4. Makes sense for weeks like this (DGW) to take a hit but the odds are against you basically every other week imo.
    This couldn't be further from the truth. Every situation is it's own animal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement