Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW28 Transfers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

mectavba wrote: »
    Barkley....and hold him for the week after. They have Hull at home.

Hull have been very solid defensively for the last number of weeks, including clean sheets against Man Utd and Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Matip in for PVA. A Pool cleanie would be lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Thinking of buying King. Of the mids who have a game this week he is third highest scorer, he plays uo front, he is on penalties, he plays West Ham and Swansea in the next two (Neither team are very solid defensively) and he can hardly be a worse buy than Phillips. I will be taking -4 for him but i would be getting 0 without him so maybe it's worth it. If I am not happy I can sell him after international break.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Makes me sad when I get transferred out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Thinking of buying King. Of the mids who have a game this week he is third highest scorer, he plays uo front, he is on penalties, he plays West Ham and Swansea in the next two (Neither team are very solid defensively) and he can hardly be a worse buy than Phillips. I will be taking -4 for him but i would be getting 0 without him so maybe it's worth it. If I am not happy I can sell him after international break.

The phillips injury will mean loads will buy King :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

He's definitely a good option i think. I also just noticed that Bournemouth have a nice fixture in both gw34 and gw37 so if i keep him as my 5th mid he could do well when i play my bench boost :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Finally done Kingsley to Mawson. Might give me an extra 1 to 2 points, with still only a Max of 8 players.

Definitely gonna have WC in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

FHFC wrote: »
    Not bad for shots in box. He's shooting more than any WHU player last 3.

https://twitter.com/footballfallout/status/840127298095337474

True, 12 shots in four games, 3 in the box, two goals, (ffs stats).

I bottled bringing in a West ham midfielder in the end, brought in Coutinho instead. Not sure if a good move or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Sold! Phillips out for King!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lad second has
    Mignolet
    Roberston and maybe holgate
    Antonio
    Lukaku

And one free transfer

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

km79 wrote: »
    Lad second has
    Mignolet
    Roberston and maybe holgate
    Antonio
    Lukaku

And one free transfer

Ah the old 1-1-1 formation!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Matip in for PVA. A Pool cleanie would be lovely.

Matip also wasnt in the Liverpool training photos Tuesday but klopp didn't mention him today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm now thinking of Sterling and Ibra out for Mané and Llorente. That leaves me with a forward line of:

Coutinho--Mané--Siggy--Eriksen--De Roon
    ----Aguero--Llorente--Lukaku

And at the risk of planning too far ahead, I'm then thinking Coutinho and Llorente out to Pedro and Kane for GW29 and beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If Carroll wasn't such a walking injury, I'd definitely buy him this week. He could have a field day against that Bournemouth defence. Just don't trust him not to break down after 5 minutes. May do Aguero to Llorente and then use the funds to upgrade Phillips to Coutinho. Can't decide between King/Grosicki/Lanzini/Antonio so getting Coutinho would eliminate that decision and the inevitability of picking the wrong one.

If Carroll wasn't such a walking injury, I'd definitely buy him this week. He could have a field day against that Bournemouth defence. Just don't trust him not to break down after 5 minutes. May do Aguero to Llorente and then use the funds to upgrade Phillips to Coutinho. Can't decide between King/Grosicki/Lanzini/Antonio so getting Coutinho would eliminate that decision and the inevitability of picking the wrong one.

I think Coutinho is a good pick this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ah the old 1-1-1 formation!

Will probably still score more than most.

I think Coutinho is a good pick this week.

Ya fairly settled on getting him now. Would you go for Carroll or Llorente? Would like some West Ham cover but it's hard to choose between all the mids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Matip also wasnt in the Liverpool training photos Tuesday but klopp didn't mention him today.

You are the standard that I strive to hit but alas fall short. Goddamnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I think Big Andy will be my FT for Ibra.
    Sterling and Phillips will probably become Coutinho and King/Grosiki/WH mid for -8
    Would ideally like to see their formation assuming Antonio and Carroll start.
    Lanzini as a winger is less appealing but he reminds me so much of Coutinho and finishes better.

Would leave me with

(Grant Mannone)
    Brunt FM (Chambers Alonso Grant)
    Mane Coutinho Fraser Siggy ?
    Carroll (Kun Kane)

• Advertisement

I have
    Mig
    Baines FM brunt
    Mane siggy
    Carroll lukaku
    I was all set on sane to firmino I'm not sure I'll go another -4 now. I don't know if I want coutinho long term. King is another player interesting me. I could also move to tom Carroll and use it as a chance to free up cash but I reckon Pedro will be rotated in gw 31 city at home so I'd like to hold my strong front 8 for that.

Damn it
    I wish I had already made my transfers cos I'm looking at Andy Carroll again now
    Looking too hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Jaggo wrote: »
    True, 12 shots in four games, 3 in the box, two goals, (ffs stats).

I bottled bringing in a West ham midfielder in the end, brought in Coutinho instead. Not sure if a good move or not.

2 goals from his 3 shots on target in 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Good riddance to Phillips, worst addition I've made in ages, got king in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Made 3 changes....took an 8pt hit....but have 11 playing.... joint second in league at moment...hoping i didnt screw up next few weeks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Directing this one primarily at our Liverpool training correspondent. Do we expect Liverpool to train tomorrow and do we expect to know in advance of the 2 PM deadline if Firmino has trained?

• Advertisement

Damn it
    I wish I had already made my transfers cos I'm looking at Andy Carroll again now
    Looking too hard

I'm going with Llorente I think, Carroll just isn't worth the stress!

CSF wrote: »
    Directing this one primarily at our Liverpool training correspondent. Do we expect Liverpool to train tomorrow and do we expect to know in advance of the 2 PM deadline if Firmino has trained?

Today's training pics are in. No sign of firmino. Good news for scummyman matip trained. I'd say Liverpool definetly train tomorrow I think I read somewhere that they train the same time as the game the day before the game so it will probably be an evening session. I'm going to hold off till tomorrow on the off chance of hearing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote:
    Damn it I wish I had already made my transfers cos I'm looking at Andy Carroll again now Looking too hard

I'm going with Llorente I think, Carroll just isn't worth the stress!

I'm back aboard the Big Andy train, room for plenty more on here.

Already had 2 Swansea MFs so didnt want to get Llorente.
    I havent forgot how Andy broke my heart last season, but I'm willing to forgive him for this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Phillips out for Grosicki/King/Brady??????

Taking into consideration form and fixtures I'm leaning towards Grosicki atm

Hmm Carroll is in the scout picks ahead of Llorente...

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm back aboard the Big Andy train, room for plenty more on here.

Already had 2 Swansea MFs so didnt want to get Llorente.
    I havent forgot how Andy broke my heart last season, but I'm willing to forgive him for this GW.
    I owned him already this season
    Disaster zone
    Sold him
    Went on a scoring spree

Just can't do it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Today's training pics are in. No sign of firmino. Good news for scummyman matip trained. I'd say Liverpool definetly train tomorrow I think I read somewhere that they train the same time as the game the day before the game so it will probably be an evening session. I'm going to hold off till tomorrow on the off chance of hearing something.

Dinnery reckons he trained today. He was to be assessed today. The Klopp quote said he hadn't trained 'till now' I believe.

Maybe not with main group.

Klopp:"Roberto is struggling. He felt something after the game, so he couldn't train until now. We need to wait a little bit more, then see"

FHFC wrote: »
    Dinnery reckons he trained today. He was to be assessed today. The Klopp quote said he hadn't trained 'till now' I believe.

Maybe not with main group.

Klopp:"Roberto is struggling. He felt something after the game, so he couldn't train until now. We need to wait a little bit more, then see"

He isn't in any of the training pics so you would have to assume he didn't take part in full training. There is 80 odd photos. He could have been jogging around by himself I suppose separate to the main group. I'd assume dinnery is interpreting the quote to come to that conclusion and has no other info to hand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Jakupovic
    Baines - Coleman - Brunt - Mawson - Daniels
    Mane - Coutinho - King - Sigurdsson
    Lukaku

-4 hit. Watch as some ****er with 4 players outscore me.

Not sure I've ever had 7.9ml in the bank before !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Opinions on Phillips out for lanzini?
    It will be for a hit but possibly only a -2 if lanzini plays 60 mins and avoids cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Opinions on Phillips out for lanzini?
    It will be for a hit but possibly only a -2 if lanzini plays 60 mins and avoids cards.

Compare their potential/likely returns over next 3 GWs. If Lanzini is the WHU player​ you fancy it's a no brainer for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Who to transfer out. Costa or Aguero?

F*ck it, Big Andy Carroll in. Bound to backfire in some way, but this is turning into a pretty average season, so might as well do something to spice it up!

Not sure I've ever had 7.9ml in the bank before !
    Scarily real chance of me having 12.5 by tomorrow's 2 pm cutoff as part of Operation bring back Sanchez and Kane in GW29

• Advertisement

Damn it
    Looking too hard

Got him in for Ibra.
    Will let it sink in for 10 mins before I take a hit or two.
    Thing is if I double up on the Pool mids I may captain him!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Jakupovic
    Baines - Coleman - Brunt - Mawson - Daniels
    Mane - Coutinho - King - Sigurdsson
    Lukaku

-4 hit. Watch as some ****er with 4 players outscore me.

:eek:
    Nicely played. Have you Kane already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Did Philips to Barkley for a 24 hour punt.

Wildcard incoming at midday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Did Philips to Barkley for a 24 hour punt.

Wildcard incoming at midday

You might want to hold off until after the 2pm deadline!!!!

So heavily considering Origi as a one week move between my Aguero and Kane. If he starts he is well worth a 4 point hit when the alternative is 0.

I just can't shake that nasty feeling that Firmino will troll the life out of me and start despite no training.

So heavily considering Origi as a one week move between my Aguero and Kane. If he starts he is well worth a 4 point hit when the alternative is 0.

I just can't shake that nasty feeling that Firmino will troll the life out of me and start despite no training.

I was going to make that move myself went with coutinho in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mojoeback

Mane captain but not one bit confident.

I was going to make that move myself went with coutinho in the end.
    I could do that too, on the way to Sanchez, and just do Aguero to Kane next week with the same end result.

Do you really think Coutinho carries the same danger though? Obviously it's a much safer move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I have done -8 already so not going further but I checked Flashscore.
    1. West Ham are second to Utd in away form scoring 11 in last 5 games. (17 in last 10 with only 2 blanks)
    2. In home form Bournemouth are second last to Sunderland conceding 12 in last 5 games. (conceded 21 in last 10 with only 2 clean sheets)
    3. The last 2 fixtures of Bournemouth v West Ham ended 1-3 and 0-2.

Sorry now I didn't do Andy Carroll.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mojoeback

Tempted to switch the arm band to AC. My team is a mess now becasue of extra game last week and short week now. WC will have to be played soon.

Advertisement