Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW28 Transfers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Most likely going to do Ibra to Kane. Seems silly to use it on a player with a blank, but Kane is essential, his price is going to rise, and with Ibra's ban it seems a no brainer. For a -4 I may do Sterling to someone, maybe Firmino.

I know price changes complicate things but using a transfer on a player without a game is never a good idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

spock. wrote: »
    I know price changes complicate things but using a transfer on a player without a game is never a good idea

Yep. If he gets injured in the Cup game, it's a massive waste of a transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Most likely going to do Ibra to Kane. Seems silly to use it on a player with a blank, but Kane is essential, his price is going to rise, and with Ibra's ban it seems a no brainer. For a -4 I may do Sterling to someone, maybe Firmino.

Don't
    It is silly
    At least wait till after the cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    Don't
    It is silly
    At least wait till after the cup

This.

FWIW Kane may not rise this GW. FPLS have tweeted a few things about a suspected new price change rule affecting players with blanks.

Would partially explain why Gabbiadini didn't rise as predicted ahead of GW26. They have Kane at 99% vs Fix who have him at 158% as a result. They are still experimenting with it but there's a chance Kane will hold till the weekend or at most go up 0.1m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Thanks all, I haven't pulled the trigger and with those sage words I probably won't now. Kane did indeed go up last night, but hopefully it will be the only rise this week.

Since I already own Lukaku I can't think of another GW28 striker I'm interested in (maybe Llorente at a stretch) so I might have to swallow a drop on Ibra, and this week just do Sterling -> Firmino (can't afford Mane without a second transfer).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Time to abandon all arsenal players?

Sold Sanchez to help fund Aguero. Won't be rushing to get him back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looking at Josh King's stats there, all his goals this season have come away from home. Not very encouraging when the next 2 are at home.

Thanks all, I haven't pulled the trigger and with those sage words I probably won't now. Kane did indeed go up last night, but hopefully it will be the only rise this week.

Since I already own Lukaku I can't think of another GW28 striker I'm interested in (maybe Llorente at a stretch) so I might have to swallow a drop on Ibra, and this week just do Sterling -> Firmino (can't afford Mane without a second transfer).

Yeah I pretty well jinxed the Kane rise by suggesting it may not happen. Hopefully he won't go again before Sunday.

Still think you were better waiting.

FWIW I don't fancy any of the GW28 striker options either. I'd be tempted Llorente buy I'm maxed on Swansea.

But I think most of the strikers you might want medium term and blanking in 28.

So I'm going 1 up front (Lukaku) and getting Kane in for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

No more European football to contend with, surely now is the time to lump on arsenal players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

best pool mid after Mane? Can't afford if i want coleman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Rikand wrote: »
    No more European football to contend with, surely now is the time to lump on arsenal players

No more European football but they do seem to be in a shambles.

That said, Sanchez is class. He'll probably be in my team soon enough. If he plays, he will score. I can't see Wenger not playing him.

Pool double up this week would mean I can't do Phillips to Pedro next week and I really want Chelsea cover. Am thinking Sterling to Grosicki now. Not convinced by any of the West Ham mids and still stuck with Daniels so don't want another Bournemouth player. Grosicki looks like he has settled in well so far and has decent enough short term fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

stephenl15 wrote: »
    best pool mid after Mane? Can't afford if i want coleman

Firmino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

This is generally the time that Arsenal come into their own, gone from Europe, zero chance of winning the league, being written off for top 4 and trailing Spurs, its the perfect Arsenal script really and all too predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

danganabu wrote: »
    This is generally the time that Arsenal come into their own, gone from Europe, zero chance of winning the league, being written off for top 4 and trailing Spurs, its the perfect Arsenal script really and all too predictable.

They'll make a titanic burst for second once Chelsea have mathematically secured the title. And Sanchez will score 70 points on a double gameweek.

elefant wrote: »
    They'll make a titanic burst for second once Chelsea have mathematically secured the title. And Sanchez will score 70 points on a double gameweek.

Ramsey and Walcott are usually the two that up their game when it becomes irrelevant!

Looking at Josh King's stats there, all his goals this season have come away from home. Not very encouraging when the next 2 are at home.

He scored at home to Watford recently.
    And besides, a 5.5 mid who is 6th in the goals table for midfielders, on pens and sometimes up front is always going to be a good pick.

He scored at home to Watford recently.
    And besides, a 5.5 mid who is 6th in the goals table for midfielders, on pens and sometimes up front is always going to be a good pick.

Missed the Watford goal. Would you go for him over Grosicki if you had to pick one this week?

FHFC wrote: »
    Coming back to GW28, I'm currently starting the following 9 with my FT done.

Jak,
    Brunt, Mawson, FunesMori
    Phillips(?), Siggy, Mane, Carroll,
    Lukaku.

Blanks: Pickford, Alonso, Chambers, Sterling, Ibra, Aguero.

I could just leave it at that, but I want Phillips gone next week for sure and probably not keeping Sterling either.

So I'm open to doing a -4 for Sterling to anyone. I've 3m in the bank.

I'll probably keep enough to get Pedro from GW29 giving me 9.2m for a Sterling replacement.

Firmino is the obvious move isnt it? West Ham have also got great fixtures and cheaper options but I hear they were poor last night. Anyone else I should consider.

Front 7 below looks decent from 29 with wildcard still in hand....
    Mane, Firmino, Siggy, Pedro
    Kane, Aguero, Lukaku.

If the need arises to get Sanchez it can be done by changing Aguero to pretty much anyone and dropping one Liverpool mid.

What am I missing??

Any thoughts on this? It still seems to make sense to me a few days later which is a good sign.

Sterling to Firmino. Keep Aguero.

Missed the Watford goal. Would you go for him over Grosicki if you had to pick one this week?

I already have :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I might bank.

Repopulating my squad the following week is more important than a sideways move for a likely 2 points.

Can field in theory:

Heaton
    Coleman - Mawson - Brunt
    Mane - Phillips - Siggy
    Lukaku

And Amat on the bench for good measure :pac:

7 or 8 and the 3 primary captaincy options. Although I could talk myself into Grosiki by weeks end!

Bank?!

What have I become? Before my experiment in sensibility I'd already have Grosiki in my team and probably have given him the armband.

Phillips' price drops really have been driving the screw but will have to wait for the weekend now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Any thoughts on this? It still seems to make sense to me a few days later which is a good sign.

Sterling to Firmino. Keep Aguero.

Makes sense. I opted for Coutinho over Firmino. A lot of detailed study went into it which I ignored and just concluded that it's probably Coutinho's turn on the Liverpool merry-go-round.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Firmino is the obvious move isnt it? West Ham have also got great fixtures and cheaper options but I hear they were poor last night. Anyone else I should consider.

In a very similar position with Mane and looking to replace Sterling for -4. It would be nice to have Firmino and Mane this week but not so much next which makes me reluctant. Then theres the pick 'em across the West Ham midfield. I've seen teams play worse against Chelsea. If Snoddy can put the ball on Carroll's head a few times in the next two games he will be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sterling to Mane done for a hit after already doing Ibra to Lukaku.

Leaves me with 9 starters if they all play. Heaton the only known doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

KDB to Firmino giving me the Trifecta in attack of Mane Coutinho Firmino!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Zaha to T Carroll
    And
    Sanchez to Mane
    For a 4 point hit
    8 to play if Heaton is fit

Markx wrote: »
    In a very similar position with Mane and looking to replace Sterling for -4. It would be nice to have Firmino and Mane this week but not so much next which makes me reluctant. Then theres the pick 'em across the West Ham midfield. I've seen teams play worse against Chelsea. If Snoddy can put the ball on Carroll's head a few times in the next two games he will be worth it.

Yeah have been thinking about Lanzini playing #10 with those fixtures too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭McBain11

Ramsey and Walcott are usually the two that up their game when it becomes irrelevant!

I hope there is a bit of this about Arsenal later in the season as it will make the FF selections even more interesting. I wouldn't be counting on it though, Arsenal are one of those that could either way at this moment in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Definitely doing Sterling to Siggy (why don't I have him yet?!).

Also considering Can in for De Roon. Would be for -4 (though in reality that be only -2, as I only have 8 players as it stands), but would be a good upgrade to my bench player and Can is capable of the odd assist although he hasn't done a huge amount recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mane in for Sterling. I have 8 starters this weekend so happy enough with that. Lukaku or Mane to captain for me

You know it's a strange season when Mawson/Olson/llorente as your THIRD Swansea player is giving you a headache !

Sanchez situation making it hard to know what to do
    If I knew I was getting him back in soon then aguero would go this week for llorente . Swans have a decent run now still
    Will be getting Pedro back next week most likely too

And my defence is a mess :D
    Hit a week for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Heavily considering Aguero and Ibra to Afobe and Carroll.

Think of the crazy money in the bank I'll have after that, but I'm really thinking of bring Sanchez and Kane back in GW29 so this is the reason for doing that.

I could alternatively do, one of those strikers and Firmino, to facilitate the same, but transferring Aguero out for Kane the week after would almost seem like too hard a choice to make, which is obviously an illogical way to think too. I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I need serious help with my team. From leading by 100pts in one league earlier in the year, to now trailing by 100pts! My team is below:

Foster - Pickford
    Davies - Azpi - Ward - Funes Mori - Ake
    Sterling - Sanchez - Hazard - Zaha - Davies
    Crouch - Benteke - Aguero

Any two of Sterling, Aguero and Benteke out, for any two of Lukaku, Mane, Llorente, Siggy.

Thoughts?

CSF wrote: »

Think of the crazy money in the bank I'll have after that, but I'm really thinking of bring Sanchez and Kane back in GW29 so this is the reason for doing that.

I could alternatively do, one of those strikers and Firmino, to facilitate the same, but transferring Aguero out for Kane the week after would almost seem like too hard a choice to make, which is obviously an illogical way to think too. I dunno.

I want Gabbiadini eventually, but he has a blank, then away to Spurs in 29. So think I'm also going to get Carroll in for Aguero, then Gabbiadini in in GW30.

I want Gabbiadini eventually, but he has a blank, then away to Spurs in 29. So think I'm also going to get Carroll in for Aguero, then Gabbiadini in in GW30.

This is part of the reason llorente is so tempting as well
    I'm likely to go for him I think

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I need serious help with my team. From leading by 100pts in one league earlier in the year, to now trailing by 100pts! My team is below:

Foster - Pickford

Any two of Sterling, Aguero and Benteke out, for any two of Lukaku, Mane, Llorente, Siggy.

Thoughts?

I think you need to look at who you want long term, not just this week. I'd be inclined to rule Llorente out for that reason. After that it's really about weighing up the value of a 4 point hit, but Lukaku, Mane and Siggy are all good choices.

I'd maybe start by thinking of what team you would like in GW29, and working backwards from there to see what transfers you make this week.

This is part of the reason llorente is so tempting as well
    I'm likely to go for him I think

Yeah, Llorente vs Carroll is probably a close call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

sheroman01 wrote: »

Foster - Pickford

Thoughts?
    Get Lukaku anyway and then either Siggy or Mane depending on who you would prefer long term

If one had to choose between Firmino and Carroll this week, and what your team would look like in GW29 would look the exact same (I'm making 2 transfers this week regardless), who would you go with for this week alone?

CSF wrote:

Afobe is too much of a rotation risk for my liking. Would prefer Llorente.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Llorente vs Carroll is probably a close call.

No way I'm signing Andy Carroll
    They are playing rubbish

I might just end up going with 9 this week. Want Pedro and Alli back in again plus my defence will be in bits once GW30 comes. Probably no point wasting a transfer on someone I don't want long term, especially as I have already played my wildcard.

I might just end up going with 9 this week. Want Pedro and Alli back in again plus my defence will be in bits once GW30 comes. Probably no point wasting a transfer on someone I don't want long term, especially as I have already played my wildcard.

9 will be well above average, anymore would most likely be damaging post next week, have 9 myself and am more than happy with that, would expect to see green arrows all round.

9 will be well above average, anymore would most likely be damaging post next week, have 9 myself and am more than happy with that, would expect to see green arrows all round.

Ya happy to have a few of the main men for the week too... Lukaku, Siggy, Coleman, Mané. Only doubt is Phillips so will wait on news on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Have done Sterling/PVA to Firmino/Mawson for -4,leaving me with 10(including Philips, I am tempted to do Aguero to Llorente for another -2 but will wait until as close to 2pm as possible as City are playing at 12:15, if juggling Pep picks Kun I will definitely sub him out.

patmac wrote: »
    Have done Sterling/PVA to Firmino/Mawson for -4,leaving me with 10(including Philips, I am tempted to do Aguero to Llorente for another -2 but will wait until as close to 2pm as possible as City are playing at 12:15, if juggling Pep picks Kun I will definitely sub him out.

City are playing in the FA cup

CSF wrote:

Afobe is too much of a rotation risk for my liking. Would prefer Llorente.
    With Wilson long-term injured?

CSF wrote:

In 5 games since Wilson got injured, Afobe only started 2 with King uo front for 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

City are playing in the FA cup
    Yeah I know, but it would make my decision easier if Pep played him against Boro or he came on and got an unfortunate injury. Pep being Pep could easily play him at Middlesbro and bench him against Liverpool with Monaco 3 days later, especially now they are unlikely to win the League. Also the game will nearly be over before the 2pm deadline.

CSF wrote:

In 5 games since Wilson got injured, Afobe only started 2 with King uo front for 3
    Interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement