Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW28 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,436 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've no keeper this week, hardly worth ditching Grant or Hennessy when it would be for a hit and the latter will have a dgw later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Llorente and Siggy in for Ibra and Sterling, leaving me with a 1, 2, 3, 2 formation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 8 players for this week but my TC on Aguero hasn't made up the ground I had hoped with my main rival having Aguero as Captain with Kane, King, Alli, Costa and Hazard leaving him further ahead. He only has 4 this week so might be time to make ground.
    Thinking of Aguero and Eriksen out for Cot/Firmino and Llorente for -4.
    Have Mane already and with Siggy and Mawson gives me 3 Swansea which isn't ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I've no keeper this week, hardly worth ditching Grant or Hennessy when it would be for a hit and the latter will have a dgw later on?

Personally I wouldn't, not for a goalkeeper. Weeks like this I'd usually only take a hit for midfielder or Striker.

Unless it's for someone you'd plan on playing for next few weeks, Wouldn't think the potential rewards are as great as would be for a outfield player. Even with a clean sheet and a 1pt save bonus, your only gaining 3pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Morrison->King and Ibra->BigAndy for -4. Probably make that -8 with Firmino in for Sterling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Your well set up there but knowing how this game works you will be probably beaten by a load of teams with 4 and 5 players in it.

The way this season is going I fully expect to be outscored by canny Alonso, Eriksen and Kane owners who will magically accumulate points despite not playing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

In exceptional circumstances, the premier league have in the past given clubs special permission to sign loan goalkeepers etc. I'm going to ask FPL if I can play my 2nd keeper outfield this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

manual_man wrote: »
    Morrison->King and Ibra->BigAndy for -4. Probably make that -8 with Firmino in for Sterling

Does Morrison not have a game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Probabaly Firminho and Lukaku in for Sterling and

Will give me 11.

Jakupovic
    Baines - Coleman - Brunt - Daniels - Mawson
    Sigurdsson - Mane - King - Firminho
    Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was gonna bank it, and just go with 8 players. Unfortunately one of them 8 is Kingsley.

He's gotta go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

km79 wrote: »
    There are only 4 games
    Won't be many big scores
    I'd go with the obvious !

THIS! No matter how many we have they won't all score big. It was worth planning for this gameweek but not taking big hits for it unless for big hitters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Foster
    Daniels Robertson
    Davies Antonio philips (?)
    Lukaku

Pickford Aguero Sterling Jones Alonso Sanchez Gabbiandini

Only 1 Ft. any suggestions as I don't plan to use my WC awhile. On first glance I've thought about
    Sterling - Siggy
    Sanchez - Mane for a -4 anyone see any better moves?

Anyone got any better options then the ones listed above? All advice is greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Anyone got any better options then the ones listed above? All advice is greatly appreciated

The moves look good.
    I'd wait on Phillips news and midweek matches given Siggy and Mane have risen already.

ElTel wrote: »
    The moves look good.
    I'd wait on Phillips news and midweek matches given Siggy and Mane have risen already.

Ya I'm not it in a huge rush currently to sell.. I can't see myself moving on philips whilst he's a maybe when I have players that defo don't have a game or am I simplifying things too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Was gonna bank it, and just go with 8 players. Unfortunately one of them 8 is Kingsley.

He's gotta go.

Looking at this a bit more, seems the only choice I can see is Mawson!

So suggestions, keep a player who may not even play, leaving me with only seven players, but at least I will have a free transfer. Or waste it on a player who may do no better.

Thinking banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Foster
    Amat McAuley Coleman Francis
    Stanislas Mane Sigurdsson

Pickford Pieters Alli Pedro Kane Costa Defoe

I'm thinking of Stanislas and Costa out, King and Lukaku in for a -4. I could do Defoe out, Llorente in but I'm not convinced by him. Last weekend was first time this season he's scored in consecutive league games, not a great indication that he'll score this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Ya I'm not it in a huge rush currently to sell.. I can't see myself moving on philips whilst he's a maybe when I have players that defo don't have a game or am I simplifying things too much?

Four reasons why I sold Philips:
    1. Doubtful (still)
    2. Even if he plays, away to Everton
    3. Avoid price drop
    4. Next 3 fixtures not great
    In relation to big hits debate, if you making transfers to keep playes in for next 2-3 weeks , this is good week as the transfer gonna cost you just -2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

1. Doubtful (still)
    3. Avoid price drop
    In relation to big hits debate, if you making transfers to keep playes in for next 2-3 weeks , this is good week as the transfer gonna cost you just -2

Not totally sold on the player Def getting two points theory
    For instance if a defender conceeds 2 goals and pick up a yellow card,
    Their on 0 points.

I do know where your coming from but it doesn't always pan out that way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So suggestions, keep a player who may not even play, leaving me with only seven players, but at least I will have a free transfer. Or waste it on a player who may do no better.

If it's a transfer you'd want anyway, then go for it, it's essentially a -2 hit. If it's a transfer you'd want to reverse next week, let it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ibra --> Lukaku done for me. Will hold Aguero as he might increase in price if he does well Wednesday.

I'm sure I'll get Ibra back at some stage, he'll have 2 DGW's before the seasons out.

• Advertisement

1. Doubtful (still)
    3. Avoid price drop

Good call... who would ya swap him for that has a run of games? Lallana?? I'd have 8.8m to spend if I was to get siggy and Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

When is the fixture list for GW28 being updated? Still only 4 fixtures guaranteed ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

bantee wrote:
    When is the fixture list for GW28 being updated? Still only 4 fixtures guaranteed ya?

There are only 4 fixtures. Won't be any more or any less.

spock. wrote: »
    There are only 4 fixtures. Won't be any more or any less.

Thanks, when's the site's fixture list going to be updated though?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

bantee wrote: »
    Thanks, when's the site's fixture list going to be updated though?

There are only 4 fixtures on the site.

PARlance wrote: »
    There are only 4 fixtures on the site.

The app was acting up for me, just checked the site and there's 4 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

bantee wrote: »
    The app was acting up for me, just checked the site and there's 4 there.

I don't use it but the app seems to be a pile of shíte from what I've been seeing from online posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Good call... who would ya swap him for that has a run of games? Lallana?? I'd have 8.8m to spend if I was to get siggy and Mane

Went for Coutinho as I need to have spare cash to get Kane back next week.Would get Mane if had more to spend. Those two plus Firmino all too close to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sold aguero for lukaku. It was the only way to give me the money to get firmino and mane which I'll get in for sane and sterling later in the week.
    My 9 this week should be
    Mig
    Baines FM brunt
    Siggy mane firmino
    Carroll lukaku
    I'm keeping Alonso Pedro alli and ibra. Ibra will become Kane next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Most likely going to do Ibra to Kane. Seems silly to use it on a player with a blank, but Kane is essential, his price is going to rise, and with Ibra's ban it seems a no brainer. For a -4 I may do Sterling to someone, maybe Firmino.

Advertisement