Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Lets protect cyclists from cars by making sure they can't use the cycle lane!

rue-pelletier-montmagny-picture-credit-canalblog.com.png?itok=05J4k-bw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Ryath wrote: »
    Lets protect cyclists from cars by making sure they can't use the cycle lane!
    Easy!

3nyw5NR.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

ford2600 wrote: »

Don't get me started on bike tools!

Any bike tools I've used feel light and cheap but came with a high price tag. My main toolbox is full of tengtools with a few Snap-On bits n bobs. Not cheap stuff bit doesn't feel cheap either like the bike tools I've bought

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Update on my running: my whole body has been overwhelmed with lactic acid and is exacting it's revenge on me today. I lumbered around work very slowly

I completely forgot I had some over or under pronation issues (basically I use the outside of my feet too much) as it hasn't caused me any issues in years. Flared right up.

Lessons are running is evil or perhaps I just over did it by skipping couch to 5 k and going full whack and then some.

Back to the relative comfort of my bike methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Weepsie wrote: »
    Update on my running: my whole body has been overwhelmed with lactic acid and is exacting it's revenge on me today. I lumbered around work very slowly

I completely forgot I had some over or under pronation issues (basically I use the outside of my feet too much) as it hasn't caused me any issues in years. Flared right up.

Lessons are running is evil or perhaps I just over did it by skipping couch to 5 k and going full whack and then some.

Back to the relative comfort of my bike methinks

Running is self inflicted torture for those of us with over or under pronation issues.

Back to the saddle with you and all will be good again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

dahat wrote: »
    Running is self inflicted torture for those of us with over or under pronation issues.

Back to the saddle with you and all will be good again.

Same issue here, I was doing a 7k run three times a week before Christmas, and ended up badly strained calf muscles and Achilles tendon. Same thing happens whenever I start running regularly, which is a royal pain as I find it a very convenient and quite pleasant way of taking exercise in the Winter. Back on the bike at lunch when I've the time available and the turbo in the evenings. Will probably start to do a kettlebell session a couple of times a week for some variation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Feels like I've been wearing my winter gear 12 months already.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Feels like I've been wearing my winter gear 12 months already.

This post has 2 thanks from darkglasses. What's going on!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

This post has 2 thanks from darkglasses. What's going on!!

It's just that good a post

smacl wrote: »
    Same issue here, I was doing a 7k run three times a week before Christmas, and ended up badly strained calf muscles and Achilles tendon. Same thing happens whenever I start running regularly, which is a royal pain as I find it a very convenient and quite pleasant way of taking exercise in the Winter. Back on the bike at lunch when I've the time available and the turbo in the evenings. Will probably start to do a kettlebell session a couple of times a week for some variation.

I'd love to do a Duathlon but as I had a few injuries after a 3 year period running I'm just too afraid I'll trigger those again and be off the bike for a period.

Variation is key but I haven't found a suitable activity that won't cause an injury or two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Injuries from running are generally from poor form and lack of restraint.

Totally agree with this, as I have poor form and lack of restraint I won't be running again!!!

I certainly did too much, and as I said I put a lot of weight down on to the outside of my feet. Perfect combination for sustaining injury

I certainly did too much, and as I said I put a lot of weight down on to the outside of my feet. Perfect combination for sustaining injury

Don't give up on it yet. A slower pace with emphasis on correcting form or runners that'd help you correct it would help loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I wouldn't be the most discerning of people, but the first episode of the new Marvel series Legion is a powerhouse of TV Making'ings.

I'd give it 10 out of 10 but can't imagine they could sustain the level of production for a whole series!

Still, it was savagely made and a joy to behold on this rather baltic Sunday morning!

[edit-I'd recommend not watching the trailers and jumping straight in! more fun that way]

Don't give up on it yet. A slower pace with emphasis on correcting form or runners that'd help you correct it would help loads.

I had in times past, rather expensive custom insoles. I'm considering them again but specifically for sport and hiking. I'll do some smaller runs too if I can. I didn't enjoy a cycle last week, so needed something different this week. It definitely helped and I enjoyed cycling today much more than last week

I had in times past, rather expensive custom insoles. I'm considering them again but specifically for sport and hiking. I'll do some smaller runs too if I can. I didn't enjoy a cycle last week, so needed something different this week. It definitely helped and I enjoyed cycling today much more than last week

I have the same problem. Weightlifting has helped fallen arches etc but every time I return to running I basically follow the later stages of couch25k. If that helps at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I wouldn't be the most discerning of people, but the first episode of the new Marvel series Legion is a powerhouse of TV Making'ings.

Must check it out - I do love me Marvels so I do!

Slightly related, I 'took' the kids to see The Lego Batman Movie yesterday (ok, I went to see it and they came too). It's brilliant!

Must check it out - I do love me Marvels so I do!

Slightly related, I 'took' the kids to see The Lego Batman Movie yesterday (ok, I went to see it and they came too). It's brilliant!

Bringing my young fella to see it next week. It will be my first time in a Cinema in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I'm looking forward to the Lego Batman movie. I really liked The Lego Movie a few years back. (The kids liked it too. They used to surprise people by mentioning the First Rule of the Sea.)

• Advertisement

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the Lego Batman movie. I really liked The Lego Movie a few years back. (The kids liked it too. They used to surprise people by mentioning the First Rule of the Sea.)

First Lego movie was brilliant but i do recall a thread on here going off topic about the Lego movie and in the end the thread being closed, a few people carded and I think a few threatening PMs.

It really got out of hand very quickly, I can't recall exactly what happened though, I presume it was my fault though.

CramCycle wrote: »
    First Lego movie was brilliant but i do recall a thread on here going off topic about the Lego movie and in the end the thread being closed, a few people carded and I think a few threatening PMs.

Really?!
    CramCycle wrote: »
    It really got out of hand very quickly, I can't recall exactly what happened though, I presume it was my fault though.

Did you break the First Rule of the Sea, perchance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

tomasrojo wrote: »

Did you break the First Rule of the Sea, perchance?

The first rule of the sea reminds me of this.......

**Warning - if you are in work, keep the sound low!!**

It seems things DO get out of hand when you bring up The Lego Movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone on the southside that stocks Armadillos? Would rather not have to divert by cycleways on Parnell. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

OMG I wish I had the money, I absolutely WANT these:

409272.PNG

ED E wrote: »
    Anyone on the southside that stocks Armadillos? Would rather not have to divert by cycleways on Parnell. Ta.

I have two 700x28 in the shed. They're too hard to get onto my current wheelset, so they only did a few km. They've been in the shed a few years, but they're absolutely fine, I think. Yours for free, if you want them. I live in Balally/Dundrum/whatever it's called.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Cycling - helping you get away from your in-laws for centuries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement