Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,013 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'm not an espresso drinker but how long would the effects of an espresso last in a workout?
    I've never noticed it wearing off halfway through or anything. But it's not like I'm climbing the walls buzzing or anything either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think there is about 80mg or so of caffeine in a single espresso shot (depends on the beans etc.) which is not actually a massive amount - a lot of pre workouts/monster etc. might have 200-300mg of caffeine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,725 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I think there is about 80mg or so of caffeine in a single espresso shot (depends on the beans etc.) which is not actually a massive amount - a lot of pre workouts/monster etc. might have 200-300mg of caffeine.

So your saying I should drink a mug of espresso :)

I think the typical espresso is 100mg here.
    If I really want a coffee preworkout. I'll get an affogato. Double shot of espresso over a scoop of ice cream.

Also, Here's Thor with an insane 206.5kg log press

• Advertisement

Don't know if this was put up here. Clarence 340kg deadlift
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QdTc2Gv52uI

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ah, but he's using straps. Therefore it doesn't count.

This is what I keep telling myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

There's a nice bit of training gear in Lidl's today.

The Coolock branch is stocked full (at 3 o'clock today) of suspension trainers, kettlebells (6-14kg), clothes, supplements (yuk)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Had a crack at homemade protein bites today and they turned out very tasty if I do say so. A little messy to eat mind.They have bananas, whey protein, porridge oats, peanut butter and chia seeds in them. Nyom.

Got the recipe from Derval O'Rourke's cookbook, which is I would highly recommend if anyone wants ideas for healthy meals. The recipes are simple and a lot of them have common ingredients so you're not buying a random jar of something for a teaspoon for one recipe and then throwing the rest out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Clarence now coaches Omar Isuf.

Hopefully he gets loads of subs now, he's doing it for free and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Clarence now coaches Omar Isuf.

Hopefully he gets loads of subs now, he's doing it for free and all.

Once he mentioned he was going to be coached by a wizard a few weeks back, everyone knew it would be Clarence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I cant comment on this because Ive no instagram, can someone please save this guys back asap! kid is 14, and they want him to go up 20% in weight next time with that ****ty form https://www.instagram.com/p/BQTseQ_hxYh/

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, that lad's gonna get an awful back injury and I bet there'll be people around him blaming it on 'de weightz' instead of the god-awful instruction he's getting.

Also, lol at the lad saying 'Straight back the whole time now'. His back is rounded before he even lifts it off the floor.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQSw1EDA2jL/?hl=en

Toshiki Yamamoto (weightlifter but has done powerlifting meets and would do well at a bodybuilding competition) showing off his snatch technique. The first two reps are actually identical in bar path. Absolutely insane. The years he must've spent practising rep after rep pays off eventually.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Toshiki Yamamoto (weightlifter but has done powerlifting meets and would do well at a bodybuilding competition) showing off his snatch technique. The first two reps are actually identical in bar path. Absolutely insane. The years he must've spent practising rep after rep pays off eventually.
    I was watching that last night, it's mad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I cant comment on this because Ive no instagram, can someone please save this guys back asap! kid is 14, and they want him to go up 20% in weight next time with that ****ty form https://www.instagram.com/p/BQTseQ_hxYh/

Par for the course with crossfit.

If I looked like that doing deadlifts in my gym I know of one trainer who would kill me even though I'm not a client of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭COH

Caliden wrote: »
    Par for the course with crossfit.

If I looked like that doing deadlifts in my gym I know of one trainer who would kill me even though I'm not a client of his.

I don't think any reputable trainer in the world could/should hold their tongue if they saw sh*te like that happening around them client or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I could keep watching that over and over again.
    It's quite hypnotic! :o

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQTutcelFl9/

Sweet mother of Jesus. CJ Cummings just front squatted 230. That's right a 16year old who weighs about 70kg just front squatted well over 3xbw.

What. The. ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Was that not 210?

Cos, well, 210 isn't impressive at all, like...

• Advertisement

Was that not 210?

Cos, well, 210 isn't impressive at all, like...

3 reds, 1 blue, white, small red + collar= 230

The white is barely visible from this angle but I can just make out the outline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭arkrow

You to, can lift these coloured plates if you take the right supplements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

arkrow wrote: »

To date he has been tested 19 times by USADA.

Search for Clarence Cummings here:

http://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

1. He's only 16 and has been lifting weights most top seniors in the US would for well over 2years. In fact he broke the senior 62kg C+J record as a 14yr old.

2. He only trains 5x a week according to his coach. PED's best effects come from being able to train more and recover better; if he was taking stuff, he wouldn't be getting any real benefit in comparison to the risk from taking them.

3. He's been tested like everyone else by USADA and has yet to test positive.

I'm always skeptical about people lifting insane weights, but because he competes regularly and is subject to random tests by USADA, plus the other stuff I mentioned, I see absolutely no reason to question if he's clean.

I firmly believe this is what happens when you take the top 0.00001% of genetics and combine good coaching and hardwork+time. This kid is legit imo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Mod note: Speculation on PEDs is not allowed. No more please.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQTKYk4Acwg/

I don't even know how to respond to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Cirque du Soleil, innit

Who was holding the camera, the paramedic?

I'm just sitting here wondering how the **** did he get up there with the bar loaded up.

Go up there with an empty bar and have people throw the plates on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Dunno what ye're so worried about, I mean what's the worst that can happen?

(Bar catastrophic death)

Advertisement