Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wearing hoodies in the gym

Options

Comments

yeah that what I mean works both ways.

ahhh Alf, you're like the little sister I never wanted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

Saw a lad wearing a hoodie in a spin class the other day! Bloody sadist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

In fairness I have worn hoodies in the sauna ,can only imagine what the other gym goes are thinking.

In fairness I have worn hoodies in the sauna ,can only imagine what the other gym goes are thinking.

really? cutting weight or something? or are you kidding? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Reps4jesus wrote: »
    Saw a lad wearing a hoodie in a spin class the other day! Bloody sadist

I remember going to a spin class and not realising it was a heated spin class and was wearing under armour. Nearly died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I remember going to a spin class and not realising it was a heated spin class and was wearing under armour. Nearly died.

Heated spin classes?? :eek::eek: Who came up with that insane idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Bikram spin.

With added press ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Aye, first and last one I ever did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Just lads thinking they look hardcore, nothing to do with being warm in the gym. Not something which would bother me, kinda like lads walking around wearing lifting belts and gloves, or Tapout gear.

I've even seen lads come into Northwood wearing MMA gloves LOL.

I don't know what gym you frequent but the gym I go to has wildly varying ambient temperatures from day to day. If it's cold, and I know I am someone who feels the cold more than others , I will wear a hoodie , either for the whole workout or until I warm up. It's never about fashion for me at least.

Creeps me out now to think next time I wear a hoodie someone is eyeballing me criticizing my 'look'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

learn_more wrote: »
    Just lads thinking they look hardcore, nothing to do with being warm in the gym. Not something which would bother me, kinda like lads walking around wearing lifting belts and gloves, or Tapout gear.

I've even seen lads come into Northwood wearing MMA gloves LOL.

I don't know what gym you frequent but the gym I go to has wildly varying ambient temperatures from day to day. If it's cold, and I know I am someone who feels the cold more than others , I will wear a hoodie , either for the whole workout or until I warm up. It's never about fashion for me at least.

Creeps me out now to think next time I wear a hoodie someone is eyeballing me criticizing my 'look'.

You're obviously not a woman then 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

really? cutting weight or something? or are you kidding? :confused:

Yeah cutting weight. It is as every bit unpleasant as it sounds.

You get a sweat going doing some light cardio and go in warm already. Then after certain periods, I allow myself to take off one item of clothing, like a sock or a hat, then each layer and finally the sweat suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

learn_more wrote: »

Damn this sh*t is still going, lol. Wear what you like, personally I couldn't give a toss. But if you're in a gym which is so cold it requires you to wear your hood up then I'd suggest you find a warmer place to train.

Outside of that I don't get how this thread is still ongoing.. Oh, I train in Northwood but mostly only swim there. Its too packed to effectively weight train (most of the time). And I've trained in a lot of gyms over the over thirty plus years and never one from the ice age.

But if you're in a gym which is so cold it requires you to wear your hood up then I'd suggest you find a warmer place to train.

Wimmin will always find it cold. Everywhere.

It's biology.

Next up, a thread for 'ard bastards with tattoo's :p

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Wimmin will always find it cold. Everywhere.

It's biology.

Damn this sh*t is still going, lol. Wear what you like, personally I couldn't give a toss. But if you're in a gym which is so cold it requires you to wear your hood up then I'd suggest you find a warmer place to train.

Good suggestion but I've decided to move to southern Spain instead. Save a few squids on my home heating bill while I'm at it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm still searching for the perfect pair of space leggings for the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's sad that this was the most active thread in years

Mellor wrote: »
    It's sad that this was the most active thread in years

A lot of discussion forum are gone like this. We've experienced the same thing in the Martial Arts forum. Most of the serious discussion takes place on facebook, certainly club and competition talk.

I used to love (and moderate) the MMA forum back when we all used to train and/or fight together. Then the sport grew, it grew an audience of people who'd never involve themselves in the actual dirty work of training MMA or attending local shows showed up. And well, most of us fecked off to FB for the serious chats.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm still searching for the perfect pair of space leggings for the gym

Space leggings? Like these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fashion-Galaxy-Leggings-Printed-Tights/dp/B00E4M11NK

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yea :D

Deadly. You should get a tank top with a wolf on it to go with them.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »

One like this?

One like this?

That's magnificent alright.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Why limit yourself to a top with only the power of one wolf, better make it at least three wolves just to be sure.

Vegeta wrote: »
    Why limit yourself to a top with only the power of one wolf, better make it at least three wolves just to be sure.

I don't know if I could handle the life changing ramifications of a 3 wolf t shirt.

they/them/theirs

I don't know if I could handle the life changing ramifications of a 3 wolf t shirt.

Think about it....you'd be a one-man wolf pack.

• Advertisement

Think about it....you'd be a one-man wolf pack.

I don't know man. That's a lot of responsibility.

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement