Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female student beaten up in Maynooth(NO SPECULATION)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

whatever. couldnt give a sh!t how triggered ye'll get from what i said.
    women are crap. they're sh!t like.
    You're the one triggered if a mere counter argument is enough for you to lose the plot as per above.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

whatever. couldnt give a sh!t how triggered ye'll get from what i said.
    women are crap. they're sh!t like.
    Flimpson wrote: »
    You're the one triggered if a mere counter argument is enough for you to lose the plot as per above.

Mod:

Cut it out, the pair of you.

Also, not sure why the whole feminism thing came into it, but this thread has nothing to do with feminism. It ends now.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Gardaí want to speak to them. They're suspects, they haven't been charged, they haven't been found guilty of anything. People are getting way ahead of themselves to make some sort of bizarre point.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

Ah so you are interpreting the situation to suit your own feminist hating right wing agenda? You even put your name as Rightwing.... A bit much?

An attack of this severity... unlikely to be female on female. Not impossible, but unlikely. Unless she was attacked by a gang of girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

It takes quite a bit of force to break bones like that. Whoever it was really meant to do harm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    An attack of this severity... unlikely to be female on female. Not impossible, but unlikely. Unless she was attacked by a gang of girls.
    Three girls are being questioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Del.Monte wrote: »
    This is a fallacy.

I don't know what age you are but I grew up in the 1960s and I assure you that violent attacks were an awful lot less common then. I remember when a Scottish visitor was stabbed in Bray and the country talked of little else for the year. I get my news from the radio and occasionally newspapers so it's not that I'm influenced by social media.

No one talked about the children having the sh1t beaten out of them, raped and worse in industrial schools and laundries (and many "normal" schools) up and down the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It takes quite a bit of force to break bones like that. Whoever it was really meant to do harm.

A fall on a footpath might do some of the damage.

It's only a matter of time before people are charged in relation to this attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

Three girls are being questioned.

I know that, but as of now, that's all. I always keep an open mind when people are merely at the questioning stage and I can think of a few cases with male suspects where I also took that view.

Can't believe people are gloating here. Take a look at yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't care who was responsible as long as they're caught, brought to court, convicted and sentenced if found guilty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

If it is them, what happens if they are under age what type of legal punishment could be dealt to them? Could they receive a lighter sentence?

Did anyone really say it was definitely a man and could not have been a woman? And was it really framed as feminist rhetoric?

No. If anything, people agreed with him that it could have been women and, as far as I can tell, they were women.

We know full well what vicious bítches "girl gangs" can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

sonic85 wrote: »
    If this is true and they've identified the culprits - life in jail for the lot of them. Anybody who commits an attack of this magnitude should never see the light of day again. There's no place in society for such animals.

Love the fact it was possibly 3 on 1 too - cowardly cnuts

This is Ireland. Two years suspended and a good stern talking to. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I have a suspicion that the suspects are all under 16.

That 'girl gang' culture over in Britain seems to exclusively populated by 12-16 year olds from rough areas. Probably the same here.

This is a game they will play, they will target a random innocent individual and attack them in a group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

That 'girl gang' culture over in Britain seems to exclusively populated by 12-16 year olds from rough areas. Probably the same here.

This is a game they will play, they will target a random innocent individual and attack them in a group.

I doubt it was a random attack, with the emphasis on attacking her face so brutally it sounds like a vendetta or jealous rage thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Fair play to the Gardaí for spending so much time on this case. Hopefully it all leads to a successful conviction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

I don't think it was random either and I was guilty of thinking it was a jealous boyfriend.

She was attacked by someone who was lying in wait and knew what time the bus was due and the route the poor young one would walk.She probably had a bag on her back so couldn't have run when jumped on.

Maynooth isn't inner city Dublin and this wasn't late at night, I really doubt you would have gangs of girls in Maynooth ready to beat someone half to death for no reason.They are only suspects at the moment, part of me thinks young girls wouldn't have the strength to injure someone their own age so badly, maybe I am naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Mary63 wrote: »
    I don't think it was random either and I was guilty of thinking it was a jealous boyfriend.

She was attacked by someone who was lying in wait and knew what time the bus was due and the route the poor young one would walk.She probably had a bag on her back so couldn't have run when jumped on.

Maynooth isn't inner city Dublin and this wasn't late at night, I really doubt you would have gangs of girls in Maynooth ready to beat someone half to death for no reason.They are only suspects at the moment, part of me thinks young girls wouldn't have the strength to injure someone their own age so badly, maybe I am naive.

You don't need to be strong to beat the head off someone with an iron bar or a hockey stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Must admit I did have an odd feeling it might have been female(s) involved in this, don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Must admit I did have an odd feeling it might have been female(s) involved in this, don't know why.

An absence of sexual assault made me feel this way quite early on also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You don't need to be strong to beat the head off someone with an iron bar or a hockey stick.

Oh no, not the Mount Anville Mafia:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Wibbs wrote: »
    NOt too much of a shock. Indeed I can now tell a mate of mine I was discussing this terrible case with "I informed you thusly". I can think of two other unsolved cases where I'd bet the farm it was a woman or women attackers.

Do you mind me asking, is one of those an unsolved murder in Glengeary?

I really hope this isn't the case. If they're 18 or older the punishment they receive would be much more severe and to be honest I hope the punishment is extremely fucking severe.

It happens too often in this country that a group of 16 or 17 year olds kick the head off some random person and walk away from it with nothing more than a weekly check-in with a JLo officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

pilly wrote: »
    Fair play to the Gardaí for spending so much time on this case. Hopefully it all leads to a successful conviction.

What do you mean fair play to the gardai?? It's a horrendous case so they should be doing absolutely everything within their power possible. It's their job. I don't care how long it takes to bring the offender to justice. I trust that they are doing the right thing in being patient to build an accurate case but I thought that given the circumstances, they be further along now with charges by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Gardaí want to speak to them. They're suspects, they haven't been charged, they haven't been found guilty of anything. People are getting way ahead of themselves to make some sort of bizarre point.

Those particular girls might not be guilty but I think we can assume that there's a high chance. The reason is that although it's not mentioned in the article it's probably based on the victims word.

Hopefully if it is them, they just hand themselves in and make a confession so the victim doesn't have to go through a trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Hearing more in maynooth tonight.

Hurley sticks probably used.

Looks like the poor youngster had been bullied for months.

Common knowledge throughout the college who the three are and garda I were aware of this within days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The plot thickens. Now it's being reported that the guards don't have any suspects after all. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/garda-say-they-have-not-one-suspect-in-horror-attack-on-kym-owens-35292214.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

pablo128 wrote: »
    The plot thickens. Now it's being reported that the guards don't have any suspects after all. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/garda-say-they-have-not-one-suspect-in-horror-attack-on-kym-owens-35292214.html

Jaysus. I think the moral is that we're all idiots for believing a single thing from the Indo.

Sounds like a case of Chinese whispers gaining truth status.

I hope the culprits are brought to justice as soon as possible, whoever they are. Sadly, the judiciary have a bit of a rep for leniency, even in the face of tens or even hundreds of previous convictions. Lets hope they throw the book at them and they get what they deserve.

I really hope this poor girl recovers fully physically and is able to get her life back, this is the kind of experience that'll make it an ongoing struggle for a long time to come. I hope she gets there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Getting very fed up with lack of progress. The longer this goes the less chance of success. I hope in 10 years time there isn't a thread here "Maynooth attack still unsolved".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement