Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female student beaten up in Maynooth(NO SPECULATION)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

A bad day for the wannabe feminists, eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Rightwing wrote: »
    Yeah those of us who believe men and women are equal really have egg on our faces....???
    Women can be just as vicious and violent as men. It just happens less, so is more "shocking".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Yeah those of us who believe men and women are equal really have egg on our faces....???
    Women can be just as vicious and violent as men. It just happens less, so is more "shocking".

It's a great day that the Garda didn't exclude suspects based on gender and there might be justice for the poor victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭sonic85

If this is true and they've identified the culprits - life in jail for the lot of them. Anybody who commits an attack of this magnitude should never see the light of day again. There's no place in society for such animals.

Love the fact it was possibly 3 on 1 too - cowardly cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

A sad day for anybody who uses the news to get a pathetic dig in, if you ask me.

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »
    If this is true and they've identified the culprits - life in jail for the lot of them.

^ I have no idea myself what the laws of prosecution are. What _are_ the maximum sentences possible for this crime? I guess it depends entirely on whether they parse it as violent assault or attempted murder for example? Which one contains the maximum sentence and what _are_ those maximum sentences?

osarusan wrote: »
    A sad day for anybody who uses the news to get a pathetic dig in, if you ask me.

On the contrary it's a great day.

Hopefully thugs are caught. Now just because they are women, they shouldn't be treated less lightly. This should be understood by all, but alas, it will beyond the scope of many, yourself included I dare say.

On the contrary it's a great day.

Hopefully thugs are caught. Now just because they are women, they shouldn't be treated less lightly. This should be understood by all, but alas, it will beyond the scope of many, yourself included I dare say.

It's disgusting that your using this poor girls assault to further your feminist hating agenda.

Really disgusting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Jigai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

^ I have no idea myself what the laws of prosecution are. What _are_ the maximum sentences possible for this crime? I guess it depends entirely on whether they parse it as violent assault or attempted murder for example? Which one contains the maximum sentence and what _are_ those maximum sentences?

It's section 4 of the Non Fatal Offences Against the Person Act, 1997.
    What was once 'assault causing grievous bodily harm.'
    There is no maximum sentence. Could be three or four years but too many unknown factors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Ah so you are interpreting the situation to suit your own feminist hating right wing agenda? You even put your name as Rightwing.... A bit much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Don't see why people see woman on woman crime as an anomaly? its pretty common.

GingerLily wrote: »
    It's disgusting that your using this poor girls assault to further your feminist hating agenda.

Really disgusting.....

Drivel. Very pleased if culprits are caught, and hope that young girl makes a complete recovery.

Drivel. Very pleased if culprits are caught, and hope that young girl makes a complete recovery.

Then why mention feminism at all if you sincerely are just looking for justice for this poor girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Bloody hell lads.

Can ye not fcuk off somewhere else to pat yourselves on the back about what a victory this news is for you?

Honest to jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't see why people see woman on woman crime as an anomaly? its pretty common.

A violent assault of this calibre carried out by a woman/women is relatively uncommon, yes.

The fact that it happens doesn't mean it's common.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,668 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

May have been mentioned but this sounds like they are indirectly talking/appealing to or giving a second chance to someone who knows what happened or was involved.
    Last week a senior officer said gardai would like to speak to some of more than 200 people who have already made statements in case anyone had "forgotten" to tell officers anything.
    "They can come back to gardai in full confidence, they will not be in trouble or anything like that. Their information could be crucial," the source said.

GingerLily wrote: »
    Then why mention feminism at all if you sincerely are just looking for justice for this poor girl?

Perhaps I worded it slightly awkardly. However, the overall point remains, whoever did this needs to be treated very severely by the courts regardless of gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

tupenny wrote: »
    Live close by and heard same.
    Always thought it was someone who knew her, revenge attack or something because she had laptop and stuff with her which weren't touched and it wasn't sexually motivated. Also seems like aim was to destroy her face. Makes sense it was girls.
    Vicious bitches

It could still be pretty random.

"Giz a smoke"

"Feck off"

And attack happens.

The only thing that I thought was a possibility was that the attackers either lived in the estate or were visiting friends there. It's an out of the way place. There's no pedestrian "through traffic".

Edit: I wouldn't put any stock in rumours amongst students. It's very unlikely that anyone knew and events like this generate rumours, especially in a place like the college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

This is a bizare thread, all that matters is that the poor victim gets the care she needs and deserves,
    and hopefully a huge sum of compensation off the scumbags that committed the crime.
    Both genders are capable of committing such horrible crimes so all that matters is that the perpetrators are dealt with in the the most severe of terms to send out a clear message.
    Not the place for an equality debate, leave that to the know it all students on their councils

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Perhaps I worded it slightly awkardly. However, the overall point remains, whoever did this needs to be treated very severely by the courts regardless of gender.
    "slightly awkwardly" - lol, most inaccurate description ever. :D (and there's no "perhaps" about it).

Anyhoo, the point(s-scoring) you make should be directed at people who have actually said that women should be treated more leniently. And plenty of men think that because of traditional notions (the same guys who say it's worse to hit a woman than a man or that you should not even hit a woman in self defence) - I'm afraid this is a notion you can't just blame women/feminists for.

[QUOTE

=Flimpson;101964200]"slightly awkwardly" - lol, most inaccurate description ever. :D

Anyhoo, the point(s-scoring) you make should be directed at people who have actually said that women should be treated more leniently. And plenty of men think that because of traditional notions (the same guys who say it's worse to hit a woman than a man or that you should not even hit a woman in self defence) - I'm afraid this is a notion you can't just blame women/feminists for.[/QUOTE]

Many people here are disgusted that it was women who did this. I am disgusted that anyone did it. That is the key difference for me.

Case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

califano wrote: »
    Jigai

wtf??

care to elaborate on that?

Many people here are disgusted that it was women who did this. I am disgusted that anyone did it. That is the key difference for me.

Case closed.

If you say inflammatory comments don't be surprised when people call you up on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You can get life for attempted murder. Rare, but it's an option. Highly doubt it would be handed down. I'd wager that would be reserved for someone who's already had serious serious crimes under their belt and/or only barely got away with a life sentence previously. You can also get life for rape, a lot of people don't know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Gardai are fully aware who committed the act obviously and as has been stated above are now hoping that releasing this latest info will push the suspects to come forward. It might also make them panic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

So to all the feminist rhetoric that had been spouted on this thread about how it was definitely a MAN who did this,...

i said it pages and pages ago on this thread that it was definintely 2-3 girls who did it.

and.... it was. look:
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/exclusive-three-girls-to-be-interviewed-in-coming-days-in-relation-to-horror-attack-on-kym-owens-horror-attack-35292214.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

So to all the feminist rhetoric that had been spouted on this thread about how it was definitely a MAN who did this,...

i said it pages and pages ago on this thread that it was definintely 2-3 girls who did it.

and.... it was. look:
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/exclusive-three-girls-to-be-interviewed-in-coming-days-in-relation-to-horror-attack-on-kym-owens-horror-attack-35292214.html

I scrolled through the first 10 pages (150 posts) and saw 1 post that assumed the attacker was a man. I stopped then. There may have been more after that, but I'd guess that all the feminist rhetoric about how this was definitely a man was spouted mainly in your own head.

Edit: another 3 in the following 150 posts. The same as the number of posters speculating that it was likely to be a woman/women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

and.... it was. look:
    You're late to the "I told you so!" party I'm afraid but I'm sure you're delighted it may have been (not definite yet) girls as it's a way to stick it to imaginary feminists on this thread which is much more important than the actual attack itself.

Did anyone really say it was definitely a man and could not have been a woman? And was it really framed as feminist rhetoric?

I assume you're aware also that it's actually more of a pre feminism notion - held by many men - that women aren't capable of carrying out assaults.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

Flimpson wrote: »
    You're late to the "I told you so!" party I'm afraid but I'm sure you're delighted it may have been (not definite yet) girls as it's a way to stick it to imaginary feminists on this thread which is much more important than the actual attack itself.

Did anyone really say it was definitely a man and could not have been a woman? And was it really framed as feminist rhetoric?

I assume you're aware also that it's actually more of a pre feminism notion - held by many men - that women aren't capable of carrying out assaults.

whatever. couldnt give a sh!t how triggered ye'll get from what i said.
    women are crap. they're sh!t like.

Mod: banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement