Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Something distinctly government issue about a bare LX spec 07 Mondeo. They'd usually be platinum or steel spec towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That's the bog basic model, windey windows, no central locking etc.
    They're good craic though and it's quite cheap

The 2cv club have them as a racing class for 24 hours of spa. One of the few cars you could go flat out in around the track.

Specified tyres and all for it, whatever the cheapest nangkang summer tyres are were the only ones allowed. Ended up being a shortage of them in 155/65/r14

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

As absolutely gorgeous as it is, it's not the 1.8 V6. :(

First thing I checked :(

• Advertisement

I have an ever lasting temptation to buy this. Just not this side of Christmas or while I still have two cars already.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

CianRyan wrote: »
    I have an ever lasting temptation to buy this. Just not this side of Christmas or while I still have two cars already.
    rare yoke now

Rotten shade of green though

Stop! :(
    I know it's rare and I want it!!

You think? I actually really like the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

I wonder what is wrong with that. Seems very cheap. I know there is not much of a NCT so does it really qualify for this thread?
    steering rack i would think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagon-passat-6-speed-red-di-new-nct/14015793

2003 Passat TDI 6 speed saloon;
    Tested until May 2017;
    Would have being of more use to input the current mileage and mileage the belt was done at rather than mentioning that the belt was done last year;
    looks like the highline spec to my untrained eye.
    Asking €1,050

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Now to do misses o reily.

Over 200k miles on the nct

• Registered Users Posts: 65,001 ✭✭✭✭unkel

CianRyan wrote: »

Very nice! Always loved the MX-3 V6. The car never attracted the scumbag scrote boy racers who favoured similar Hondas and the like so I would expect the MX-3 V6 to be reasonable to insure. Check for yourself though!

That one has been for sale for a long time. And obviously no one is buying.

Don't be or become an eejit though. Either buy the car for tuppence or demand the seller gets it tested. The car has been without NCT for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,759 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

unkel wrote: »
    Very nice! Always loved the MX-3 V6. The car never attracted the scumbag scrote boy racers who favoured similar Hondas and the like so I would expect the MX-3 V6 to be reasonable to insure. Check for yourself though!

That one has been for sale for a long time. And obviously no one is buying.

Don't be or become an eejit though. Either buy the car for tuppence or demand the seller gets it tested. The car has been without NCT for a very long time.

If I was in a real position to buy I'd be going in hard, you know if you walked away you'd get a call within a few days, you're likely to be the only person interested in weeks if not months.
    If it's still there when insurance renewal comes around, we'll see. The Micra may be passed on to a younger family member. :pac:

"Beautoful".
    Is that Italian for swanky?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,759 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It's cool, but I don't know if i'd pay near €1k for it. Half that, maybe.

Get away outta that. If it was rough as a bears a**e it'd still make €500.
    An extra 500 for 2 owners in 20 years and seemingly time capsule condition is nothing.

Call yourself a fanboi...... you've changed man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

It's cool, but I don't know if i'd pay near €1k for it. Half that, maybe.

It's worth every penny of the 1K. Maybe try for a haggle but I think its worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

An extra 500 for 2 owners in 20 years and seemingly time capsule condition is nothing.

Beggars on horseback....

• Advertisement

I think if it was manual that Corolla would be worth more here in a few years to come.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-1-8t-nct-04-2017/13920534

ZDcyYTYxNmQwYmJkZWIzZWFmYjM2NzFkMDgyMjFiYjfqXTRfuq-BDsg7BFMm_2XZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NDgwNzYwMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

High miler 1.8T Avant needing an interior valet/seat covers with NCT to 4/17 €350

^^ Looks pretty tired, judging by the mould growth inside I would think it has being parked up for some time. Still though for the money considering the test left it is a nice find if you can insure it etc etc etc

I thought it was paint on the seats tbh.

Hmm possibly, wouldn't rule it out, a very likely transport of choice for a Eastern European painter. Although wouldn't rule out paint I'd still go with my first choice of mould spots, seems to be on the steering wheel too...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I love it, don't get me wrong I just don't see who's going to pay €1k ish for it, being uninsurable as a daily, uninsurable as a classic and the more obscure gearbox choice.

If it was a manual in that stereotypical blue/ grey colour i'd be gushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Paint and or plaster you can see where buckets were placed in boot.

I would say been in plenty of sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

From the same vendor as the A6 in the last post.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-tax-and-nct/13786278

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement