Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katie Hopkins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

She doesn't believe half the stuff she says. She's made a career as a troll. Yet the right wing lap her up. Even more than some left wingers lap up SJW's.

I remember reading an article about her. For a long time she was seriously ill. She also had young children. I think she was trying to get money for them. I think she's conservative but just exaggerated all of it to milk the fame for as much money as she could.

That doesn't mean I approve of what she says but by all means have her on the late late. It's just a pity that Tubridy isn't capable of actually debating her properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

This is the sort of idiocy you can expect

Tubridy wouldn't have the balls to call her out on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Just shows how far the late late show has fallen. Actually getting some real commentators on the show to talk about the impact of the Trump win would be a mad idea altogether. Why do that when you can get some aul nobody from the British media and get her to say some "outrageous" stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Sadly, she's making the most sense on there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

She's just talking over everybody, there's no legitimate discussion out of her.

Fair play, there's money to be made being controversial. I'll admit it's the 1st time I've watched the show in years, so there's your answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It would, of course, have been the perfect opportunity for RTE to get an intelligent person on there as a counterpoint to Hopkins and watch them destroy her views.

But did they.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Personally thought she made Tubridy look very weak. Also what was the point of the other guest?? She was as useless as throwing a jam sandwich to a drowning rabbit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Personally thought she made Tubridy look very weak. Also what was the point of the other guest?? She was as useless as throwing a jam sandwich to a drowning rabbit.

Why, because she talked the loudest, and over everyone else???

Did she actually graduate with a degree in economics? Because she never makes intelligent points. She doesnt sound like Dan O'Brien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

That was a car crash

But , And I hate to say it. She came out better than the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

Turbidy came across as a rude, arrogant Pri!k He is meant to be impartial. Katie Hopkins wiped the floor with him.
    He shouldn't have said he didnt want her on the show, she obviously was butt hurt he said that and it showed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Amanda.ie wrote: »
    Turbidy came across as a rude, arrogant Pri!k .

You didnt know this??????

Haha, right, thats me gang, best go to bed. Cya pals!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Tubridy! FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Lol, Tubbers and your woman godwinned the interview.. Good job what paper does your woman work for ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

its her uppity english accent that gets on people's nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I think the other woman did well, but this wasn't about Clinton v Trump, was it? It was about making Katie Hopkins look like the arsehole that she is under the guise of a political debate. If it was a real political debate then Katie Hopkins wouldn't be anywhere near it. The producers could've got a Trump supporter - one who could've actually responded to the questions rather than swerved around it - and he or she would've had way more intelligence, experience and qualifications to debate it properly, but also way less profile and RTE wouldn't have had nearly the same ratings.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I think the other woman did well, but this wasn't about Clinton v Trump, was it? It was about making Katie Hopkins look like the arsehole that she is under the guise of a political debate. If it was a real political debate then Katie Hopkins wouldn't be anywhere near it. The producers could've got a Trump supporter - one who could've actually responded to the questions rather than swerved around it - and he or she would've had way more intelligence, experience and qualifications to debate it properly, but also way less profile and RTE wouldn't have had nearly the same ratings.

The one that godwinned the interview with tubbers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I know she's controversial but can anyone on this thread say they were honestly 'offended ' by something this woman said? Like am I just a hard arse or am I really the only one who really couldn't care less what some stranger on the Tv says about some sector of society I fall into? Maybe people just get off on giving out about people

The producers could've got a Trump supporter - one who could've actually responded to the questions rather than swerved around it - and he or she would've had way more intelligence, experience and qualifications to debate it properly, but also way less profile and RTE wouldn't have had nearly the same ratings.

don't know about the ratings

but they could have easily have got someone like George Hook to blow the Trump trumpet...why bring Hopkins over from the UK??

The one that godwinned the interview with tubbers ?

I don't know what godwinned means, but I do know that she forced Hopkins to deflect from some of the questions she asked and that's the goal in a debate.

• Advertisement

philstar wrote: »
    don't know about the ratings

but they could have easily have got someone like George Hook to blow the Trump trumpet...why bring Hopkins over from the UK??

Because nobody cares what George Hook has to say on the matter. Nobody's going to tune in specifically to see it, but Hopkins has that effect on people.

I don't know what godwinned means, but I do know that she forced Hopkins to deflect from some of the questions she asked and that's the goal in a debate.

New to the internet ? been around since what 1990s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Insert compulsory character here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

New to the internet ? been around since what 1990s.

God this drives me spare, instead of being a smart ass just answer the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

Not watched it in years but that was great entertainment. I thought Tubs was going to cry at some point, he was seriously rattled.

Edups wrote: »
    God this drives me spare, instead of being a smart ass just answer the question?

I'm not being smart. It's a very common phrase.

Angry bird wrote: »
    Not watched it in years but that was great entertainment. I thought Tubs was going to cry at some point, he was seriously rattled.

I thought your woman was going to have a stroke on the amount of triggers she winced.

she should hook up with Jeremy Clarkson, they'd make the perfect pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

I'm not being smart. It's a very common phrase.

You're not being smart ? You were genuinely curious if that poster was "new to the internet" ?

• Advertisement

You're not being smart ? You were genuinely curious if that poster was "new to the internet" ?

Yes due to the phase being around from the 1990s. Would be like asking what sky news is.

Advertisement