Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

IRELAND_21 wrote: »
    I wore a suit . Watched the programed on rate called recruits they were all casual

Which reflects poorly on them.

I'd very much agree with Member16, you're about to embark on a 17 week long job interview. Make a good first impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 IRELAND_21

Cheers John. Should I be bringing stuff not on the list such as boot Polish and brushes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

IRELAND_21 wrote: »
    Cheers John. Should I be bringing stuff not on the list such as boot Polish and brushes

Yes on the polish (Kiwi)... No on brushes, you'll get issued with what you need. Used to be you got hair, shaving, clothes, boots polishing and shining x 2, plus others I can't recall the purpose of. Write up the list here so's tick-offs can be made for you. One tip, if you're getting yellow dusters for cleaning, take worn ones from home as new ones get leave fluff everywhere. esp on clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Anybody struggling to get the vaccination records? I

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Ciaran.m

twinydavid wrote: »
    Anybody struggling to get the vaccination records? I

I dont think we even need it lad, when is your medical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Johnlon69

Anyone else get an offer from limerick today. I got one. Couldn't believe it because I'm from Leitrim and was thinking I would be getting Athlone. Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Adrian91

Johnlon69 wrote: »
    Anyone else get an offer from limerick today. I got one. Couldn't believe it because I'm from Leitrim and was thinking I would be getting Athlone. Haha.

I got an offer for limerick today too. I'm from Sligo. Ya I thought it'd be athlone. Happy all the same !! See ya on the 24th!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

Ciaran.m wrote: »
    I dont think we even need it lad, when is your medical?

Is there another medical when we start?

Adrian91 wrote: »
    I got an offer for limerick today too. I'm from Sligo. Ya I thought it'd be athlone. Happy all the same !! See ya on the 24th!!

Good stuff. See ya then buddy. Look forward to it...

Is there another medical when we start?

No man im on about the 2016 candidates medical exam.

• Advertisement

Good stuff. See ya then buddy. Look forward to it...

Did you get an email after accepting the offer!? Hope to get it today!

Did you get an email after accepting the offer!? Hope to get it today!

Ya man. Got it at ten O clock. Wonder could we drive down and keep the car down there. The packing list isn't very big. Thought it would be bigger.

Ya man. Got it at ten O clock. Wonder could we drive down and keep the car down there. The packing list isn't very big. Thought it would be bigger.

I got it too. I'm not sure about driving down myself. I'm going to get a lift down the first day and see what the story is then. How much pocket money do ya reckon we'll need?

I got it too. I'm not sure about driving down myself. I'm going to get a lift down the first day and see what the story is then. How much pocket money do ya reckon we'll need?

Ya that's probably the best option. Just a week now bud. Ah I'm just going to bring 100euro or something. Will be a good chance to save money before Christmas anyways.

Ya that's probably the best option. Just a week now bud. Ah I'm just going to bring 100euro or something. Will be a good chance to save money before Christmas anyways.

When they say Rain Gear, what exactly do they mean?

When they say Rain Gear, what exactly do they mean?

Ah shorely just a jacket mate. we will be getting issued gortex jackets during the week anyways.

Ah shorely just a jacket mate. we will be getting issued gortex jackets during the week anyways.

I can't find my leaving cert. results. Thought I knew where it was but searched today and couldn't find it. Will it be ok if I show up without them??

I can't find my leaving cert. results. Thought I knew where it was but searched today and couldn't find it. Will it be ok if I show up without them??

Ah ya shore they have all that stuff from the selection process don't they. I won't have a p45. only left work there Friday. Could you not go down to your old school tomorrow and get them. I lost mine before and went to my school and they just printed them off there and then for me at the reception desk

Does anyone know if we were to drive down ourselves could we park our cars on the barracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

Anyone know what the story is with Galway in November? Will the last of those from the 2015 recruitment be going in there

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the story is with Galway in November? Will the last of those from the 2015 recruitment be going in there

Yeah man 2015 lads will be sent there. Are you 2015 or 2016?

Yeah man 2015 lads will be sent there. Are you 2015 or 2016?

2015 lad

2015 lad

You should be getting an offer next week or the following week for galway so

You should be getting an offer next week or the following week for galway so

Hope so anyway lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PaddyB870

Anyone get an offer for Galway??

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

PaddyB870 wrote: »
    Anyone get an offer for Galway??

Nope or Athlone, hopefully tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rosknight

Well lads any of you get Athlone...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leahy1994

rosknight wrote: »

Got an email for it this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leahy1994

rosknight wrote: »

• Advertisement

Leahy1994 wrote: »

Got my email for Athlone aswel, delighted!

Advertisement